eBay cue issue. Please give me some advice.

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
I saw a cue on ebay that I have wanted for a very long time. There were 22 bids and I won the cue. The price I paid was fair. After I won, I noticed that the cue was listed twice. I called ebay and they said that whomever won the first auction was the new owner of the cue and the second didn't matter.

The seller is brand new and has no feedback. I asked questions during the auction and never got a response. Some red flags went up but I figured that I was covered by Ebay's buyer protection program and I would take a chance.

When I paid, I noticed that the status was "pending". I went into paypal and it said "unclaimed". I found out that this means that they simply hadn't signed up for paypal and hadn't claimed my payment. This was on Feb. 14. So today, I notice that it is still unclaimed. I email the seller again through ebay. Saying:

"I won the auction for the pool cue. I noticed that you haven't accepted my payment through paypal. Also, I haven't been notified that you shipped the cue. Here is a link that will help you claim my payment. http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/claimpayment.html

Please contact me if I can help and let me know when you ship the cue. Thank you."

I immediately get a response:

"I will not sell this stick for that price,sorry"

I respond with:

"You are bound by contract to do so. You should have put a higher starting price or made it a reserve auction. 22 people bid on the cue. What it sold for is fair market value."

I REALLY want this cue. What should I do? I know I can stop payment and get my money back but I want the cue dang it! By the way, the second auction for the same cue is still running...:angry:

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
Stop payment and move on. Your dealing with a jerk.

Thanks Dead. I know you are right. It just sucks because I have been looking for this cue for a very long time. They don't make um anymore. I am afraid if I push too hard, they may do something crazy like damage it and send it. Should I contact ebay and tell them whats up so they can cancel the second auction or just forget it?

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Move on

Get your money back, report the seller and move on. I have had similar issues with Fleabay and found that its just not worth it.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Stop payment and move on. Your dealing with a jerk.

Yep, doubtful ebay can "force" the seller to accepting the payment and sending it to you. They'll probably just cancel their account.

I'm curious....what's the cue?

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here ya go... This is the second auction. I won the first one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330872578156?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Woof, The seller is local to me. I must've missed the first auction but when the auction you linked was listed I messaged the seller. I told him I was local (about a 30 minute ride) and asked if he'd be interested in a cash face to face sale to eliminate eBay fees and such. His reply was within minutes and was simply. "It will go to the highest bidder". If I were you I would get your money back and forget about that cue. Chances are the seller might not even really own it.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get your refund, report to Ebay, leave the jerk a bad rating with as much detail as the space will allow. Other than that, not likely much more you can do. Sorry you had the bad experience.

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
Woof, The seller is local to me. I must've missed the first auction but when the auction you linked was listed I messaged the seller. I told him I was local (about a 30 minute ride) and asked if he'd be interested in a cash face to face sale to eliminate eBay fees and such. His reply was within minutes and was simply. "It will go to the highest bidder". If I were you I would get your money back and forget about that cue. Chances are the seller might not even really own it.

Wow! I'm glad I posted this. Thank you. At least you know not to waste your time.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would contact Ebay and explain it to them. I had a similiar situation a few years back and they took all the sellers auctions down and removed them as a seller on Ebay. No way to tell if they just set up another account and started selling again, but atleast they had some hassle after screwing me.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I figured that was the cue you were talking about.

Too many red flags. I didn't bid for that reason.

Run. Get your money back and run.

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
I figured that was the cue you were talking about.

Too many red flags. I didn't bid for that reason.

Run. Get your money back and run.

Thanks everyone. I just got off the phone with eBay. They were very helpful. They told me to dispute the payment through paypal and I would get my money back. They also said they would open a case against the seller and the second listing. They told me to leave negative feedback. Doing that now...

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get the heck out as fast as you can... wait till the next cue from a better seller. One tenth of a red flag is enough to make me get the heck away from a deal and run the other way.

Inferno

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone. I just got off the phone with eBay. They were very helpful. They told me to dispute the payment through paypal and I would get my money back. They also said they would open a case against the seller and the second listing. They told me to leave negative feedback. Doing that now...

I was going to suggest the negative feedback.

foxcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently sold a guy in texas $1200.00 worth of fishing gear(His ebay name is huffmancars).He drug me out on the payment for 2 weeks( even though it was supposed to be paid for within 4 days)I opened a nonpaying bidder against him on the three rods and reels he won in the auction.After 5 days he still had not responded to the nonpaying bidder dispute so I called ebay.They told me to close the cases and he would have three nonpaying bidder strikes against him and I would get my fees back.I did and then I couldn`t leave feedback because the cases were closed.Then last week I saw a auction he was bidding on and he still has 100% feedback. WTF. How is that right. I`m about done with ebay.

TKDVEE

I love old Schon cues
Silver Member
Woof. Pm sent.

I saw a cue on ebay that I have wanted for a very long time. There were 22 bids and I won the cue. The price I paid was fair. After I won, I noticed that the cue was listed twice. http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/claimpayment.html

Please contact me if I can help and let me know when you ship the cue. Thank you."

I immediately get a response:

"I will not sell this stick for that price,sorry"

I respond with:

"You are bound by contract to do so. You should have put a higher starting price or made it a reserve auction. 22 people bid on the cue. What it sold for is fair market value."

I REALLY want this cue. What should I do? I know I can stop payment and get my money back but I want the cue dang it! By the way, the second auction for the same cue is still running...:angry: