Abe Rich Wrap

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
This 2 tone wrap material came from an Abe Rich cue that had a broken forearm. It is in Like New shape, and is enough to do a 15" wrap area, so anyone that does restorations....you will not find this anywhere off the shelf. It was cleaned as it was rolled.
Price is $30 shipped to the 50 states. I only take paypal, and sorry no international shipping.
first to respond, gets it.
Thanks,
Dave
20180909_174744.jpg

20180803_192718 (2).jpg

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Interestingly enough, they commonly did the second tone with ink while the cue spun on the lathe. I bet you saw the stripes on the handle after you unwound it.

Great results for what they had to work with

Last edited:

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting, I've never heard of that. Here are some spools.

Attachments

• IMG_E0767[1].jpg
    IMG_E0767[1].jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 230

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nice.

I have a 1966/67 Viking Titlist conversion that could use a re-wrap. :smile:

Although in this pic it only looks like it needs cleaned, there is a small snag on the other side that is not repairable. Very small, but it's there.

I actually believe this is a "PreV50" or very early V50. Although it generally looks like a 1967 V50, there are certain details like a very long pointed brass pin and gold print on red book binding material in the window that set this apart from the known V50 model.

It ain't the Mona Lisa, but it is one of my prized cues. Looks like a circus clown, I know, but a very cool cue I think.

If you have those spools I might be interested.

The only other option is linen...and I don't think that should go on this cue.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

I have had a couple of old Rich butts with the wraps removed and where the colored stripes were clearly visible on the handle, like it was done with a Sharpie while spinning on the lathe