Not open for further replies.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"but" please comment "on"

Willie "used" balls he "brought""""".

There's "a" tweak.

Is 5"26" now invalid"?"

Maybe he wanted something "round" to use.

If he brought his own chalk, that's a different story.

He better not have been using that "Magic Chalk".

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's no video of 526. Must be invalid.

Video wasn't routinely available back then.

So they did the next best thing and got witnesses to sign an affidavit... so it happened.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    5.4 KB · Views: 160

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one checked to see if the slate had been shaved down, either... It could have been. You "don't" actually know :p

The run was in a regular pool room so there was no shaving of a slate just for Mosconi's appearance.

Lou Figueroa

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
The run was in a regular pool room so there was no shaving of a slate just for Mosconi's appearance.

Lou Figueroa

Lots of "if's", 'ands" and "buts" we could dance around, but I'm just funnin'....

Still...it is comical watching you all go after John about this

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of "if's", 'ands" and "buts" we could dance around, but I'm just funnin'....

Still...it is comical watching you all go after John about this

It's also pretty funny to see all the silly arguments attacking Mosconi's run, which has stood and been recognized for years.

Lou Figueroa
no video, lol

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's also pretty funny to see all the silly arguments attacking Mosconi's run, which has stood and been recognized for years.

Lou Figueroa
no video, lol

Application of arbitrary requirements.

All should be looked at through the same glass.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
no video, lol

And certainly quite amusing to see everyone suggesting the slate on Johns table had been altered, based on what evidence? I'm not as hot on the trail as you, Danny and WorldPro, but I don't recall seeing anywhere that gives a reason for this supposition, beyond y'alls dislike for John and suspicion that its been manipulated. And the heated table part....did they say it was heated? Did anyone who has seen the video or was there say it was heated?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
He used a heated ball polisher, filled with a mixture of RedBull and slate shavings.

Sent from the future.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
See post #527 above.

Ahhh, so in a past attempt, the table was heated. No information regarding that on this run. Nonetheless, it gives some the rationale for suspicion.

Thanks

Still don't know that it was used....no more than whether the slate was altered. Heh heh

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It's so telling and comical that some see nothing but pure straight pool when Mosconi can make 150 to finish off an exhibition match to 200 and then just decide to keep shooting but JS is a cad because he was specifically attempting to make a high run when he woke up that day.

There is zero evidence of shaved slate, fouls, mid-run ball polishing, pockets bigger than the great Mosconi used or any other shenanigans....just a couple of bitter ex players who don't like John.

Is it a rules violation to call someone who claims to have me blocked a bad name? Seems like it would be the proverbial victimless crime.

Sent from the future.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
See post #527 above.

Ahhh, so in a past attempt, the table was heated. No information regarding that on this run. Nonetheless, it gives some the rationale for suspicion.

Thanks

Still don't know that it was used....no more than whether the slate was altered. Heh heh

What’s wrong with heating the slate.?...the modern runs at 3-cushion and snooker are
being done heated slates....does that mean some people discount Ronnie’s 147?

And they can get a ball cleaned any time by asking a ref...

07875CCB-C65B-4408-861A-DDD8D733B5AB.jpeg

39A30D24-B351-48DA-AF55-219622659623.jpeg

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder how John Schmidt has managed to win the last 4 tournaments he has entered going undefeated in I believe 33 consecutive matches?
He has been on a pretty hot streak. He is playing so well I think he could set a new record for straight pool if he decided to. He is just not missing anything.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stats don't make the man, the man makes the stats. He ain't beat nobody except run of the mill players. Now, as far as setting records, just make up another one. The last one hasn't took yet. Just like vaccinations, sooner or later one will take. Luck

Good grief.

Just coz you put words together doesn't make them true.

That actually applies to all your nonsensical posts and outright lies.

The list of players John has beat is long. At all games.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stats don't make the man, the man makes the stats. He ain't beat nobody except run of the mill players. Now, as far as setting records, just make up another one. The last one hasn't took yet. Just like vaccinations, sooner or later one will take. Luck

And before you edit...your first line is evidence your position is personal.

Given that position, you wouldn't prop up a man who once played well if he was a felon, would you?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Name any of'em, shouldn't be too hard to name a few in those last 4 t's. :p:p:barf::barf::duck::duck:

John's record is readily available.

Those who need proof of his accomplishments are free to search.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200217-193402.jpg
    Screenshot_20200217-193402.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 361

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And certainly quite amusing to see everyone suggesting the slate on Johns table had been altered, based on what evidence? I'm not as hot on the trail as you, Danny and WorldPro, but I don't recall seeing anywhere that gives a reason for this supposition, beyond y'alls dislike for John and suspicion that its been manipulated. And the heated table part....did they say it was heated? Did anyone who has seen the video or was there say it was heated?
Well those 2 have just might know what they are looking at by the way balls are dropping by they way racks are spreading and so on ,
The suspicion of the inquiry minds want to know has gained traction because the lack of the video , only seen by and guarded by the Knights Templar of the sacred 626 video ,
Until that's seen and it's a pretty reasonable thought , that there will be plenty of people who find things suspect and that list grows day by day

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Well those 2 have just might know what they are looking at by the way balls are dropping by they way racks are spreading and so on ,
The suspicion of the inquiry minds want to know has gained traction because the lack of the video , only seen by and guarded by the Knights Templar of the sacred 626 video ,
Until that's seen and it's a pretty reasonable thought , that there will be plenty of people who find things suspect and that list grows day by day

Well...to follow that line of thinking..."those two" haven't watched the video so they have no way of knowing how the balls were dropping. Or how the racks were spreading, or so on.

So it's really just speculation. Without evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.