Any female cuemakers out there?

JC

Coos Cues
The demand for my cues has been outstripping the supply by a fair amount lately.

My wife has a lot more time on her hands lately since our little girl is getting bigger by the day.

Am trying to convince her to jump in there with me. I keep telling her of the niche she could fill not only as a woman but a Filipino.

I almost never build a cue without showing her the wood combos I have in mind. She has an eye for it. And she QC's all my cues before they go out. Nothing I hate more than refinishing a cue she doesn't approve.:embarrassed2:

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Sorry, a lot of those "taper rolls" are exaggerated .
When your joint size is some .830 ( I have one joint protector here from SW that is at .825 with a thick finish ) and the bottom of your forearm is some 1.060" with a curved taper, then the handle's curve is not quite as pronounced as the forearm, the butt will likely look funny when rolled on the table.
Between centers, they likely look fine.
This applies to a lot of "parabolic" taper cues .

Now that's very informative :thumbup:

Lol. And be ok with the sw roll, bc they all warp apperantly. So youll have a warped, expwnsive wallhanger you waited 12 years to get. Not even tascarella, hulsey, mike webbs of the cue making world habe that long a wait and they make more beautiful and way better playing cues.

What about Searing, and Bluegrass?

I am not sure about Bluegrass, but I heard at one time that the demand for his cues was so high that he had to stop taking orders.

And the wait on a Searing cue is probably over 12 years.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just curious as I haven't heard of one. Do you guys know of any, past or present?

Odd thing about this question is that I bet many of us (for sure me) have never even thought about it. I heard of Annie O that Mike Webb mentioned and Laurie, but always thought Laurie did not actually do the work on the cues.

We talk about women players a lot (either A how hot they are or B why they are not as good as the men LOL) but that is about it.

I know women have owned pool based business but I don't think I have ever wondered or asked if there were female cue makers. Odd how that just never went into my head.

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chad Mclennans wife is making some cues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk