Gold crown ball return problem

cyanutopia

Registered
Hi all, I have a gold crown 4 with ball return system. On the two side pockets and the corner pockets furthest from the ball box, balls will tend to get stuck in the pocket liner opening just before they go onto the tracks. It is almost as if there is a little plastic lip in the opening of the pocket liner or the opening isn't quite circular.

Did my table mechanic set up the table wrong or is there something that I can do to resolve the problem?

I also notice that there are plastic washers/spacers where the tracks attach to the wood. Should the plastic spacers be between the screw and the track or should they be between the track and the wood? Currently it goes screw, plastic, track, wood.

Thanks all!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hi all, I have a gold crown 4 with ball return system. On the two side pockets and the corner pockets furthest from the ball box, balls will tend to get stuck in the pocket liner opening just before they go onto the tracks. It is almost as if there is a little plastic lip in the opening of the pocket liner or the opening isn't quite circular.

Did my table mechanic set up the table wrong or is there something that I can do to resolve the problem?

I also notice that there are plastic washers/spacers where the tracks attach to the wood. Should the plastic spacers be between the screw and the track or should they be between the track and the wood? Currently it goes screw, plastic, track, wood.

Thanks all!

The plastic spacers are suppose to go between the track and the wood frame to allow for more room for the balls to drop in the return tracks.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Get a 12 inch driver bit for your screw gun and reposition the washer between the frame and the return. You can do it a few at a time which you'll need to be like a cat to get into some of the screw positions...
I suggest taking the ball runs down one at a time and change the assembly on the ground because the washers will hold the screw in place on the ball run with the screw thru it then you can attach it with the screws held in place.

If there is several holes from previous alignments and installs, use a marker to mark the hole you removed the screws from.

Enjoy'

Rob.M

Last edited: