EMILY DUDDY Professional

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Gotta say it. There's a whole bunch of a55h0lishness ping-ponging around in this thread. Here's a clue: None of what you guys are bickering about in this thread is going to change the world one bit, and all you are doing is pi$$ing each other off.

If you can't tolerate someone who thinks a little different than you, can you at least tolerate other fugging pool players?

It's okay to BE an a$$hole, just don't seek to constantly put it on display.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Gotta say it. There's a whole bunch of a55h0lishness ping-ponging around in this thread. Here's a clue: None of what you guys are bickering about in this thread is going to change the world one bit, and all you are doing is pi$$ing each other off.

If you can't tolerate someone who thinks a little different than you, can you at least tolerate other fugging pool players?

It's okay to BE an a$$hole, just don't seek to constantly put it on display.

And how is this going to change the world?

Welcome to the fray

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's about 10 years before I ever posted online.

lol

Research clearly isn't your strong suit.

pj
chgo

Come on Pat. Don’t you remember? It was back in the 80s. We used to get together, smoke a couple fat ones, and ignore simple mechanical principles while eating a 16-oz bag of lays...

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hey guys, check out the top of the screen on this post. See where it says "Main Forum"? Notice that it doesn't say "Non Pool Related". It also doesn't say "Spout Your Political Nonsense Here".

Mike (The guy who has to clean up the thread to get rid of all of the political nonsense)

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Come on Pat. Don’t you remember? It was back in the 80s. We used to get together, smoke a couple fat ones, and ignore simple mechanical principles while eating a 16-oz bag of lays...
Credit where due: many of the simple mechanical principles I ignore were learned from you.

pj
chgo

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Theoretical Thread Recap

How this thread got so off kilter I'm not sure, but I don't plan to read all 19 pages to find out. I read a few excerpts from each page and something got lost in the translation for me.

I can't watch the show on the web because I'm in Canada and I don't actually have cable to view it on there. I can assume it's a standard, "white men are garbage and treat women bad" episode with a little, "girl power roar!" and then they show the boys up because women are better at, like, totally, like, everything, like. Yay! Teehee!

In the middle I believe she says she's a pro and of course, the argument here becomes she's not good enough to be a pro, someone will then have to say she's not good looking enough for them and somewhere further along it will become barking over, "if she would only play me...", and finally we have to bring in the government and political beliefs.

In the mid-teens of pages people will come to feel only their own beliefs are correct and make long, angry, and argumentative posts fighting with each other over whose opinion will ultimately change the world as we know it and restore the balance of the universe.

That's my theory of how it's gone. I check these types of threads simply for the entertainment of watching it leave the rails far behind while sailing over a shark through a flaming hoop, inverted.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Hey guys, check out the top of the screen on this post. See where it says "Main Forum"? Notice that it doesn't say "Non Pool Related". It also doesn't say "Spout Your Political Nonsense Here".

Mike (The guy who has to clean up the thread to get rid of all of the political nonsense)
Nice light touch on the moderation, Mike.

pj
chgo

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member
I enjoy a good sandwich with a nice refreshing beverage when watching professionals play. :thumbup:

garage-billiards-sand.gif

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fargo Billiards and Gastro Pub has great sandwiches and cold beverages.
Honestly I dont know who makes the sandwiches, or if they have a fargorate. Food is good anyways.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
yelp

Fargo Billiards and Gastro Pub has great sandwiches and cold beverages.
Honestly I dont know who makes the sandwiches, or if they have a fargorate. Food is good anyways.

You should post a review on Yelp if you haven't already. I did a search on Fargo Billiards and the first result I got was Yelp. They are beating up Fargo Billiards pretty bad there. Some great reviews like yours but too many poor reviews too. With a possible one to five star rating they only have a flat three star rating and some one star reviews would be a zero if it was an option. Some get great food and service, some are talking hour plus waits when the place is almost empty. Some rough food reviews too. I would have thought Mike had enough friends that their five star reviews would have him over four stars out of thirty-five reviews.

Hu

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You should post a review on Yelp if you haven't already. I did a search on Fargo Billiards and the first result I got was Yelp. They are beating up Fargo Billiards pretty bad there. Some great reviews like yours but too many poor reviews too. With a possible one to five star rating they only have a flat three star rating and some one star reviews would be a zero if it was an option. Some get great food and service, some are talking hour plus waits when the place is almost empty. Some rough food reviews too. I would have thought Mike had enough friends that their five star reviews would have him over four stars out of thirty-five reviews.

Hu

It does better on trip advisor....although I think it’s bad advice to trip anybody.

donny mills

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bullshit. The 3 sets I played Siming Chen she beat me with a combined score of 57-52. She was a 790 and I was a 756 at that time. If Fargo was accurate the score would’ve been 57-45. She beat me 57-52. Scores were 15-13, 21-19, 21-20. Truth

donny mills

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It absolutely can. Fargorate looks to use the same method as the United States Chess Federation ratings - statistics.

And a rating in either system, for established players, makes SPECIFIC predictions on match scores between two rated players. At least in chess, it is generally one game against each opponent, so a single "bad game" can somewhat skew things.

Even so, USCF ratings are extremely accurate, and Fargorate might actually capture MORE information, as there are less Fargo rated events than USCF events.. But we get the benefit of more games in each match. Mike Page has demonstrated in here multiple times, including the Siming Chen - Donnie Mills match, and the prediction were spot on, within a GAME.

Irrespective of naysaying, statistics don't lie, and they don't care whether one player can't kick well, but plays great safes and runs out, versus a player who is a moderately good shotmaker, great safety player, and great kicker. Fargorate makes very specific predictions based on pure rating, and unless that player practiced heavily in the last period before a tournament, the results are generally gonna be in line with their Fargorate.. Shotmaking is the number one factor, just as in chess, the ability to see another half-turn accurately is the number one factor.

To be more analytical about it, at virtually every Fargorate range, there is a very specific skill that separates them from the next level. What, in general, separates SVB from a 750 player? I will tell you, it's 100% the break. So, "all these factors" are already built in to Fargo rate. What separates a 500 from a 550? Shotmaking and position. Maybe a touch of safety. A 600 from a 650? Shotmaking and safeties. Position is pretty much a non-factor between those two players.

The 3 sets I played Siming Chen she beat me with a combined score of 57-52. She was a 790 and I was a 756 at that time. If Fargo was accurate the score would’ve been 57-45. She beat me 57-52. Scores were 15-13, 21-19, 21-20. Truth

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Bullshit. The 3 sets I played Siming Chen she beat me with a combined score of 57-52. She was a 790 and I was a 756 at that time. If Fargo was accurate the score would’ve been 57-45. She beat me 57-52. Scores were 15-13, 21-19, 21-20. Truth
FargoRate doesn't predict exact scores for single matches - it predicts approximate outcomes over time. And it adjusts for actual results - your ratings might be a little closer after that.

pj
chgo

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah but NOW she is a 795 and your a 754, and Fargo (in your estimation) was off by how many games? 7? Lol, do you know how ridiculous you sound?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And Efren beat her 3-2. And Wilkie crushed her. And Shane beat her their 7 sets more than the FargoRate predicted. I think if Mike listed two versions of Siming's rating, one only against women, and one only against men, they would be vastly different. PS, she is 795 now.

Anytime someone asks a Fargorate question about any two players, Mike will quickly bring up the entire match history about the two players in question, in spreadsheet format, and post it on here. But we have asked countless times for Siming's rating vs men only, and Simings rating vs women only (or both men and women combined), and get nothing. Its like when superman saves a cat up a tree, but then is nowhere to be found when the world is being blown up by the villain flavor of the month.

donny mills

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Short bus Russ said that Fargo predicted the score between Siming and I within 1 game. That’s not true. It was 7 games off. How am I crazy? How am I wrong?

donny mills

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wilkie beat her on a table with boingy rails and older cloth. She does not play her best on equipment like that. I have a feeling everyone in this thread doesn’t have enough pool knowledge to even understand that

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Short bus Russ said that Fargo predicted the score between Siming and I within 1 game. That’s not true. It was 7 games off. How am I crazy? How am I wrong?

Mike Page works with results...don’t recall him claiming to be a soothsayer.
Sometimes when you get out of bed, you’re gonna play over your head or under your ability.

Wilkie beat her on a table with boingy rails and older cloth. She does not play her best on equipment like that. I have a feeling everyone in this thread doesn’t have enough pool knowledge to even understand that
I think most people on here know there’s conditions they play on that suit them more
than others.
I played a ball and a half worse on Robertsons for instance.

donny mills

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For example. A guy in my hometown I give the last 5 and the breaks to. I beat him 5 sets in a row on a diamond table that plays perfect. If we switched to a gold crown with boingy rails and gaffed pockets I would have no chance of beating him. This is the thing that Fargo doesn’t account for. Besides that I really like Fargo a lot.