Awesome Find! 6 leg Brunswick Arcade 5x10

QuickEdward

Silver Member
After me turning him on to a craigslist ad I found late one night, a friend of mine drove to Chicago and picked up this table...

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_JciV7ZNRFKKxZ2XketyGA?feat=directlink

The pic doesn't do it justice. Not a single missing or cracked inlay. The best part? IT WAS $1500!!!

Anyway, at some point in time the table was varnished... I'd like some suggestions on how best to remove the finish so that we can return it to the original "hand-rubbed" finish...

TableTek

Silver Member
Arcade for $1500?

You do know that table is probably worth like $12-15k as it sits right? Fully restored they get $20-25k. What a deal man, way to go!

QuickEdward

Silver Member
You do know that table is probably worth like $12-15k as it sits right? Fully restored they get $20-25k. What a deal man, way to go!

That probably would have been true a year and a half ago...

I estimated 6-8k as is, and 16-18k fully restored. Hopefully the economy will improve and the market for these beauties will recover a bit...

TableTek

Silver Member
Arcade

Still, what a deal. Besides this isn't a flip unless you have a customer prior. Something great about these tables is they will last forever, not like the new stuff. I don't know if I could part with an Arcade if I got one. I found a 6leg Madison last year for pennies but it needs a full restoration. That is going to be mine when done, unless I can find something like you have. The deals are out there if you move on them, congrats again.

I just moved an all original Union League today for a nice older lady, table is in near perfect shape minus pockets and cushions which I am taking care of.

nogglefish

Registered
Anyway, at some point in time the table was varnished... I'd like some suggestions on how best to remove the finish so that we can return it to the original "hand-rubbed" finish...

Try "Soygel" (Google it). Obviously test on a small patch, but I have had great success with it.