Where do I find pool rules

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am looking for some rules for a room. A search of the APA and BCA really didn't give me much. Any ideas?

Grilled Cheese

p.i.i.t.h.
Silver Member
I've been to rooms where they enlarged and printed the BCA 8-ball rules and put them up on the wall. Good idea. Saves a lot of arguments. All you got to do is agree to play BCA rules 8-ball and you're set. Rules up on the wall for all to see.

It goes without saying that there's nearly an endless number of 8-ball rule variations.

Got to give credit to the Internet. These days even newbies are fairly keen on the correct rules of the game. It's much better than it was 20 years ago. The bar-only, bar box crowd are the last hold outs of what I like to call "unique" game rules... :D

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Those are the rules of the BCA Pool League, an entity owned by Mark Griffin (CueSports International). It is entirely separate from the Billiard Congress of America (BCA). Mr. Griffin bought the league from the BCA a number of years ago. They then developed their own rules.

The Billiard Congress of America has adopted the World-Standardized Rules developed by the World Pool-Billiard Association (WPA). Here are those rules, as listed on the BCA web site:

APA Gene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those are the rules of the BCA Pool League, an entity owned by Mark Griffin (CueSports International). It is entirely separate from the Billiard Congress of America (BCA). Mr. Griffin bought the league from the BCA a number of years ago. They then developed their own rules.

The Billiard Congress of America has adopted the World-Standardized Rules developed by the World Pool-Billiard Association (WPA). Here are those rules, as listed on the BCA web site:

Thanks for the clarification. (You know, I knew that! I just didn't think about it! :embarrassed2:

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Who gave the BCA, a manufacturers organization, the right and power to determine squat?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Who gave the BCA, a manufacturers organization, the right and power to determine squat?
It's an application of the Golden Rule and a reflection of the way that sports are organized in the US.

But in the old days, I think Brunswick determined all the conditions. Alone.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member