Pool hall South of Tampa Bay

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Long time no post, hope everyone's new year is going great. As for us thank God that 2014 is over that was a total nightmare for us.

So a high school friend of my hubs wants to meet up they don't play but they all agreed to hit a few racks somewhere in town. This guy moved to Sarasota recently and does not want to drive over the bridge to St. Pete where all the nice pool halls I know of are.... So WHERE is there a nice pool hall south of the bridge or near the Sarasota town. :)

any help is appreciated
JG

Curt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Livingston's Billiards

4828 14th St W,

Bradenton, FL 34207

(941) 753-6692

jaetee

rack master ;)
Silver Member
I'd call and verify...

Take a closer look. The Livingston's address you have is different than the amusement center place.

The one on 14th Ave is more pool hall, the other is more adult Chucky Cheese...

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Brilliant!!! Thanks for info guys.

I'd call and verify...

Take a closer look. The Livingston's address you have is different than the amusement center place.

The one on 14th Ave is more pool hall, the other is more adult Chucky Cheese...

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Veterans is in north port. On the right night Tommy Kennedy will be in there practicing

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
hmmm

Well now I can say that I've been to Livingston's billiards on 14th in Sarasota. The place has amazing potential but dear God. How do they do so many things wrong??? Believe it or not they are still in business- even though it appears like they shutdown the facebook page or just stopped caring about it. It does look like someone has let the place go. On the up side, they have a non-smoking section it's glassed off from the rest of the facility I think that's a very nice feature - even though I am a smoker. They only offer pool tables which I do prefer but I can understand why some offer arcades and poker... oh and no TV's - at least I don't recall seeing one- that's another nice thing for me. The bar well I suppose if you get a bottled beer then it's okay. They do serve food... but it was just bag of potato chips next to a burger. However, they did seem to offer other "fried stuff" sadly I did not partake in any of those libations. There is plenty of space and the hall is litt up like the surface of the sun- bring sunglasses. It has a very blah atmosphere and lots of young kids hanging out on a Friday night which I must say is nice to see. I think the rate was on the high side but I suppose they gotta pay the rent somehow and it was Friday night $12.50 an hour. I'll never go back I can tell you that much, it's a little sad. It just didn't have any excitement it felt like it was sucked out. Many more billiards to visit so little time.
JG

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Livingstons has been there a long time. But I never cared for it 15-20 years ago.
There use to be a place right down the street named diamond billiards, was very nice, a lot of action, but it turned into a nightclub and pool was gone.

jaetee

rack master ;)
Silver Member
Sorry to hear that. I went there exactly twice, but that was probably 8 years ago. Glad it's still there. Sounds like the owners are milking it...

BillinJersey

Registered
Livingston's (South) mini review

Just moved to Sarasota/Venice area from Jersey. Noticed this thread and thought I'd chime in. I went to Livingston's (the one on Clark Road) to see for myself, and was actually surprised to find a really nice room with Brunswick 9 footers in pretty good shape. Some had brand new cloth (that played slower than 860HR, but what the hey) and lots of tables and chairs with Tiffany style lamps above them. There were servers to take my drink order, and would have bought food, but I wasn't hungry.

The place is NON smoking, which is great for me, since I don't smoke. In fact, I don't think there is any other place to play that is non smoking,(especially with 9 footers), but I haven't checked everywhere. Actually, I don't need to keep searching, because this place will work for me.

The main use of this place is for kids that want to do arcade stuff and ride go karts
around. The saving grace, however, is that kids are not allowed in the "Royal Room", and the policy is enforced. There are many 8 footers just outside the RR, and there are lots of kids and families playing, which is fine with me. The good news is that when you get in there and shut the door, the noise of the music, arcade games, yelling, and ball banging is basically gone.

On Monday nights, they have a 10 dollar special, and cheapskate that I am, I played 5 1/2 hours for 10 bucks.

This place seems to have huge potential, but I asked around there and when I
mentioned tournaments or leagues, they looked at me like I was talking in another language. Just outside the RR, there are showcases full of cues, ball sets, and many accessories, but it would seem that they haven't been touched in years. (I'm not sure who you would even ask about the products for sale).

Perhaps at one time, the place was really happening, but I was there for hours, and only one other table was ever used, and it was just a couple on a date. Everybody else in the building, (which was crowded) would just kind of peek in every once in a while and probably wonder who would want to play in the quiet, on such large and difficult tables? That would be me!

By the way, being new here, I'm looking for people to play. Let me know. By the way, I don't gamble, so it's just for fun. I'm a C+/B player, and like all games, especially 14.1 and 1 hole.

Bill (formerly) in jersey

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Hey Bill, let me know if you ever feel like trekking an hour north to the North end of New Tampa. My hubs and I are always up for some billiards at home. We have an 8 footer with regular cloth nothing fancy but we like it.
We enjoy both games and play either terribly, but the beer is cold and the food is good. BTW He is from Jersey... I think it's called Wanaque

Regards,
Loren

Just moved to Sarasota/Venice area from Jersey. Noticed this thread and thought I'd chime in. I went to Livingston's (the one on Clark Road) to see for myself, and was actually surprised to find a really nice room with Brunswick 9 footers in pretty good shape. Some had brand new cloth (that played slower than 860HR, but what the hey) and lots of tables and chairs with Tiffany style lamps above them. There were servers to take my drink order, and would have bought food, but I wasn't hungry.

The place is NON smoking, which is great for me, since I don't smoke. In fact, I don't think there is any other place to play that is non smoking,(especially with 9 footers), but I haven't checked everywhere. Actually, I don't need to keep searching, because this place will work for me.

The main use of this place is for kids that want to do arcade stuff and ride go karts
around. The saving grace, however, is that kids are not allowed in the "Royal Room", and the policy is enforced. There are many 8 footers just outside the RR, and there are lots of kids and families playing, which is fine with me. The good news is that when you get in there and shut the door, the noise of the music, arcade games, yelling, and ball banging is basically gone.

On Monday nights, they have a 10 dollar special, and cheapskate that I am, I played 5 1/2 hours for 10 bucks.

This place seems to have huge potential, but I asked around there and when I
mentioned tournaments or leagues, they looked at me like I was talking in another language. Just outside the RR, there are showcases full of cues, ball sets, and many accessories, but it would seem that they haven't been touched in years. (I'm not sure who you would even ask about the products for sale).

Perhaps at one time, the place was really happening, but I was there for hours, and only one other table was ever used, and it was just a couple on a date. Everybody else in the building, (which was crowded) would just kind of peek in every once in a while and probably wonder who would want to play in the quiet, on such large and difficult tables? That would be me!

By the way, being new here, I'm looking for people to play. Let me know. By the way, I don't gamble, so it's just for fun. I'm a C+/B player, and like all games, especially 14.1 and 1 hole.

Bill (formerly) in jersey

BillinJersey

Registered
Loren,
Thanks much for your gracious invitation! I'll keep it in mind, but I must add that I'm not a big fan of driving longer distances anymore (especially on that route 75/275, and boy, is my pick-up truck a gas hog! Wanaque is in Northern Jersey if memory serves. I've never been there, but used to pass near it when I would go to the Sterling Forest Renaissance festival (in a different life). I'm from South Jersey, in the Pines, (Jersey Devil area). Best, Bill