Dagnabit; The Crazy Erica vs Big Truck Thread Has Been Pulled

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After listening to the video at the 00:25:50 counter mark, I understand Ray's point of view. I believe Erica should have not argued with him. Yes, she can stream wherever she wants, but not using Ray's equipment or shooting Ray's TV table on her stream if his stream is what is PPV.

I am not taking sides. I like both Ray and Erica. It is a shame this happened. I hope the two of them can sit down together -- away from others -- and work it out. It does nobody any good to make foes in a fractured pool industry. We all need to work together: --> HERE

I think Erica is very talented and the pool industry needs someone like her with her vantage point on the action element in pool. Some of her videos are GREAT.

Big Truck puts everything he's got into his live streaming to bring pool to the masses. He has expenses. I totally understand where he's coming from.

Both of these people need to take this off the Internet and work it out.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After listening to the video at the 00:25:50 counter mark, I understand Ray's point of view. I believe Erica should have not argued with him. Yes, she can stream wherever she wants, but not using Ray's equipment or shooting Ray's TV table on her stream if his stream is what is PPV.

I am not taking sides. I like both Ray and Erica. It is a shame this happened. I hope the two of them can sit down together -- away from others -- and work it out. It does nobody any good to make foes in a fractured pool industry. We all need to work together: --> HERE

I think Erica is very talented and the pool industry needs someone like her with her vantage point on the action element in pool. Some of her videos are GREAT.

Big Truck puts everything he's got into his live streaming to bring pool to the masses. He has expenses. I totally understand where he's coming from.

Both of these people need to take this off the Internet and work it out.

Tap tap tap!

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At no point did big truck have the right to touch her equipment. Of she's alleging it was damaged and he's admitted moving it, he can be held responsible.

Obviously the free streams are a major competition for ppv. I will watch them over some 30 to 50 dollar 3 day stream because I can't just sit and watch 30 hours of pool. Streams like Erica s, mezz west coast, upsate Al and others always get several times the viewers as most ppv. It's not a sustainable model because you only have a few hundred hard core guys willing to pay the money.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At no point did big truck have the right to touch her equipment. Of she's alleging it was damaged and he's admitted moving it, he can be held responsible.

Obviously the free streams are a major competition for ppv. I will watch them over some 30 to 50 dollar 3 day stream because I can't just sit and watch 30 hours of pool. Streams like Erica s, mezz west coast, upsate Al and others always get several times the viewers as most ppv. It's not a sustainable model because you only have a few hundred hard core guys willing to pay the money.

Competition is good, that's what is great about this country. If you're concerned that someone is going to steal viewers that would otherwise watch your product, then put out a better product. Based on what I've seen of Erica's videos, I don't think BT should have any concern. The issue is if Erica was streaming a table that BT was also streaming. If that's the case, she's clearly in the wrong.

To put it another way, let's say the Miami Dolphins are playing the Baltimore Ravens on a Sunday afternoon. CBS (BT) is broadcasting the game. Now FOX (Erica) can't just waltz in and start broadcasting the same game. However, you as the viewer, have the option to change the channel to FOX and watch the game they are broadcasting.

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why don't we focus our attention on the more compelling issue here like

...who says "Dagnabit" anyway?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

Say you were camping and woke up in the middle of the night to loud noise coming from the camp site next to yours. You come out of your tent and see they have bright lights and music and dancing going on and you're wondering how the heck are they doing that. As you walk a little closer you see they have attached a cable to your car's battery.

Q: Do you have the right to shut this down?

Ray stated in the thread that Erica helped herself to his ethernet cable and when either Ray, himself, or one of his crew began fishing for *their* redirected cable that was going "under the stage", it pulled Erica's laptop off of a table where it was perched.

If it happened like that do you still feel that Ray was at fault?

After listening to the video what I heard was Ray being polite and reasonable and Erica repeatedly saying "Don't touch my shit" and "I can do whatever I want, wherever I want".

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

JoeyM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to the 25 minute mark in the video. I didn't know Eminem played pool.

I did notice that she was streaming a different match, then right before the 25 minute mark it moved tables. Not long after she moved to the table at the 25 minute mark, the drama started.

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I say it's up to the pool room owner to allow the steaming privileges.

In the future or even now, streaming a match will be super easy. Throw up a phone on a tripod and a decent quality stream could easily be had. Just wont have all the extra angles and commentary.

Without ppv, there'll be little added money to most of the tournaments. That'll hurt the players.

I think theres 4500 of directly added money to the 1p prize funds. I'm sure a portion of that is coming from the stream.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Say you were camping and woke up in the middle of the night to loud noise coming from the camp sight next to yours. You come out of your tent and see they have bright lights and music and dancing going on and you're wondering how the heck are they doing that. As you walk a little closer you see they have attached a cable to your car's battery.

Ray stated in the thread that Erica helped herself to his ethernet cable and when either Ray, himself, or one of his crew began fishing for *their* redirected cable that was going "under the stage", it pulled Erica's laptop off of a table where it was perched.

After listening to the video what I heard was Ray being polite and reasonable and Erica repeatedly saying "Don't touch my shit" and "I can do whatever I want, wherever I want".

best,
brian kc

I'm not going to say I wouldn't have done the same thing, but a person as knowledgeable of the gear involved as ray is should understand that that cable was plugged into something. Just yanking on a cable regardless of the consequences is a bit careless and does place some of the blame on ray if that is in fact what damaged the lap top. Having said that, I think most of the blame falls on Erica. She is clearly trying to glom on to his gig. Connecting without permission to someone's network in order to circumvent a wi-fi password that would already have if you truly were allowed to stream the event is a crime.

If this is indeed a way for her to rage against the machine and fight for players rights to pay per view gates, she needed to bring her own WI-FI with her, out be prepared for people to be confrontational when you try to steal their stuff.

Last edited:

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my opinion after watching the video and reading the posts, if the cable Ray pulled on was his then he has no blame for breaking any equipment. His cable should never had been plugged into someone else's gear in the first place. If it was ericas cable he should have unplugged it and tossed it aside. I think she was at fault she did something wrong and he tried to correct it. She likes to blast people by only putting out a little bit of info and all her supporters get all worked up online and go on like idiots with threats and calling the other streamer down. Then after a bit more info comes out and it isn't like she said at all. The other time I can recall she was using someone else's equipment too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To clarify, by confrontational I don't mean to imply any sort of violent action, which there seemed to be none of here (although Erica implied that there was). Also, telling people someone smashed your gear is light years away from a careless yet unintentional accident. If this is the type of thing she is going to do in the future, she needs to understand that messing with the wrong person's ( not implying ray here) business can be a dangerous thing to do.

Last edited:

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm not going to argue he had a right to touch her stuff. But, to me, this is one of those things that falls into the category of "don't start no shit there won't be no shit." The way I read it was he asked her not to stream the one table he was at, and she did anyway. I look at it as had she not F'ed with him and streamed one of the other 20-30 (I think I read like 30 tables-ish) then none of this happens.

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Say you were camping and woke up in the middle of the night to loud noise coming from the camp sight next to yours. You come out of your tent and see they have bright lights and music and dancing going on and you're wondering how the heck are they doing that. As you walk a little closer you see they have attached a cable to your car's battery.

best,
brian kc

A landlord can't evict a tenant, touch their property or cut power....you can't go moving people's stuff cause you want to...

mowermarty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
its up to the room owner no one else

this should have gone to the room owner or on duty management. lot of free live streams on u tube and on ustream at that time and many had name players which could be watched for free. sales may have been a problem. even if a streamer has payed for the rights its up to room management whats allowed. some let poker go on, some let open betting, some let 16 year olds in,some must be 18 or 21,some no open gambling,some no poker,some multi streams, some no stream, some one stream only. ITS UP TO THE ROOM MANAGEMENT not a vendor. They are the only ones with the right to say.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Why don't we focus our attention on the more compelling issue here like

...who says "Dagnabit" anyway?

Sooooo....ya got a problem with people who say "Dagnabit'?

image.jpg

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A landlord can't evict a tenant, touch their property or cut power....you can't go moving people's stuff cause you want to...

One person was being paid to be in attendance, one was there because she wanted to be. In either case neither are tenants and that type of situation does not apply here. And technically a landlord can evict a tenant for whatever reason they feel like. Doesn't even need to be a legitimate reason. He doesn't like them, he can evict them. It's property and they signed a contract to be allowed to live there, they have no right to be there. And when it comes time for an eviction, the police show up with the landlord and all property is then removed the premise and placed in the gutter. It's then the ex-tenants responsibility to remove their property or face littering fines.