what cues that you own - Canada only

shojingod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curious on what Canadian play pool with currently.

For the Canadians and only Canadians what pool cues do you own.

I have
Helmstetter RH-6

Dufferin Cliff Thorburn signature pool cue (custom converted) with new LD custom shaft

Adam Ad-2 (this was a insane buy ; in the future I will get this custom converted since it has the nicest naturals veneer point but the finishing is rough) May look for a good cuesmith in northern Ontario if any exist in the near future. This might be a type of titleist conversion and turn it into something really nice.

Falcon PL-3 (Would love to find a catalogue photo of this cue)

Joss JOS106 2005 with a Z2 shaft (gifted to me)

Dufferin x-men cue Storm (impulse buy when Dufferin shut down)

Alum joint dufferin (first cue) (10mm tip)

Last edited:

Santin23

Registered
For carom and 3-Cushion:

1 - Longoni Amalfi (1 star) with 2 wooden shaft (hb-67 and c-67)

1 - Longoni custom pro “Sultan” by Semih Sayginer, with two S2 and 1 S3 shafts.

1 - Longoni custom pro “The prince” grey edition by Semih Sayginer, with 2 “pro2+” shafts

Pool cues:

1 - Viking cue model A-410 with one Vikore shaft

1 - Predator P3 black (no wrap) with 1 Vantage shaft and 1 Revo 12.4 shaft

Jumper: Predator Air 2

Breaker: Cuetec WCT

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Hmmm....
2 x Dufferin Phantom sneakies
Dufferin snooker cue (with laminated shaft and laminated forearm, an interesting cue)
Falcon M5
Plain stained maple "Brunswick by Mcdermott"
BHQ box cue
Prather sneaky
Omori-blank Baxter sneaky
Bear-blank PFD sneaky
Bear-blank Baxter sneaky
Tucker sneaky
Blackcreek sneaky
Hills sneaky
Gracio sneaky
Davis-blank ??? sneaky
3 x Schmelke sneaky
Willie Blade
Lambros ultra-joint
Mark Bear
Likely forgot one or two :( <<< yep, forgot the Lambros sneaky, also an ultrajoint

Best I could do for the requested picture :)

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_7432.jpg
    IMG_7432.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:

Geosnookery

A couple dozen. Mostly Dufferins and a smattering of others. Mostly used as wall art for my Snooker room.

For the last 14 years have used my signature Steve Davis snooker cue for all billiards. Before that a Dufferin green maple leaf snooker cue. I’m never sure if the colour of maple leaf actually means anything.

I get cues and cases at Value Village, Usually about $8 for any cue regardless of make/model. Cases around $6. Newish ball sets $15 or so. Recently got an Aramith clock, set of New Aramith balls and two wooden racks all for $19 total...actually about $13 with my senior descount ( see photo).

Also recently picked up a new condition Spiderman cue in a Marvel Case for $10. Made by Dufferin. Will give it away to someone for their kid or grandkid.

Attachments

• 2BD16EC2-FEA0-4E57-8CC7-3FC54A729972.jpeg
    2BD16EC2-FEA0-4E57-8CC7-3FC54A729972.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 261
  • 372810E9-6663-4F63-86E3-835E475746A8.jpeg
    372810E9-6663-4F63-86E3-835E475746A8.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

shojingod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmm....
Dufferin snooker cue (with laminated shaft and laminated forearm, an interesting cue)
Falcon M5
BHQ box cue
Prather sneaky
Bear-blank PFD sneaky
Bear-blank Baxter sneaky
Tucker sneaky
Blackcreek sneaky
Hills sneaky
Gracio sneaky
Davis-blank ??? sneaky
3 x Schmelke sneaky
Willie Blade
Lambros ultra-joint
Mark Bear
Likely forgot one or two :(

Dave
Thank you for that catalogue photo

shojingod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmm....
Falcon M5
BHQ box cue
Prather sneaky
Bear-blank PFD sneaky
Bear-blank Baxter sneaky
Tucker sneaky
Blackcreek sneaky
Hills sneaky
Gracio sneaky
Davis-blank ??? sneaky
3 x Schmelke sneaky
Willie Blade
Lambros ultra-joint
Mark Bear
Likely forgot one or two :(

Dave
Did anybody say how sneaky you are. :D

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
For Pool:
Player: Falcon (Entry level) from like +20yrs ago, w/ Z2 shaft
Breaker: Falcon, Nick Varner sig, J/B

Snooker:
Marcel & Fils

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
For carom and 3-Cushion:

1 - Longoni Amalfi (1 star) with 2 wooden shaft (hb-67 and c-67)

1 - Longoni custom pro “Sultan” by Semih Sayginer, with two S2 and 1 S3 shafts.

1 - Longoni custom pro “The prince” grey edition by Semih Sayginer, with 2 “pro2+” shafts
If you don't mind me asking... What retailer are you using for Longoni in Canada..?

Santin23

Registered
If you don't mind me asking... What retailer are you using for Longoni in Canada..?
Hi The_JV,

I bought them on Koozom.com few years ago, when I was living in Mexico. The best part is I didn't pay a dime of taxes (Maybe customs didn´t have any idea about the price lol). I know that one Longoni dealer in Canada is https://www.tipsproshop.com/ as well.

Regards,

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I have a few, but my two main players are:

Arnot Q Wadsworth custom
Predator Cognac

Berzelius

Nothing high end i'm afraid hehe

my first two cues :

Players PureX HXT-15, PureX HXT Shaft 5/16 x 18, 13mm, Kamui Soft tip
Poison Special Edition (Poison Strychnine ST1 Black/White) - Venom2 Shaft Radial, 13mm, Sarin tip

shojingod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing high end i'm afraid hehe

my first two cues :

Players PureX HXT-15, PureX HXT Shaft 5/16 x 18, 13mm, Kamui Soft tip
Poison Special Edition (Poison Strychnine ST1 Black/White) - Venom2 Shaft Radial, 13mm, Sarin tip
The poison cue is pretty new. How does it play compared to the player.

Berzelius

I sadly only had the chance to play with it 2-3 times (i'm in Montréal, pool halls and bars have been closed since like september :cry:) , I would say they appear to be quite similar, but to be fair, I've had that Players for 4-5 years now, it's been dropped a few times, and the ferule needs a change as there are a few hairline cracks, shaft is still straight though. I mostly keep it to lend to a friend instead of the horrible house cues we see.

Both makes a great entry-level cue , but I would currently go for the Poison for that Radial pin instead of the 5/16x18, and right now, it is currently cheaper than the Players.

One thing that I do not currently know, is where was mine made, as it was part of the earliest batches only sold at Seyberts up until right before Black Friday. Before that point, there were no current Strychnine cues being sold by Poison since a few years.

I actually wanted the grey/red one with a 314-3 shaft as when I first saw it on Seyberts, but by the time I was able to pull the trigger (as you know, dreadful importation fees and exchange rate), that white/black one with the Venom II shaft was the only one left hehe... Still quite happy at a really cheap Poison with a Radial pin instead of the Bullet pin.

shojingod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sadly only had the chance to play with it 2-3 times (i'm in Montréal, pool halls and bars have been closed since like september :cry:) , I would say they appear to be quite similar, but to be fair, I've had that Players for 4-5 years now, it's been dropped a few times, and the ferule needs a change as there are a few hairline cracks, shaft is still straight though. I mostly keep it to lend to a friend instead of the horrible house cues we see.

Both makes a great entry-level cue , but I would currently go for the Poison for that Radial pin instead of the 5/16x18, and right now, it is currently cheaper than the Players.

One thing that I do not currently know, is where was mine made, as it was part of the earliest batches only sold at Seyberts up until right before Black Friday. Before that point, there were no current Strychnine cues being sold by Poison since a few years.

I actually wanted the grey/red one with a 314-3 shaft as when I first saw it on Seyberts, but by the time I was able to pull the trigger (as you know, dreadful importation fees and exchange rate), that white/black one with the Venom II shaft was the only one left hehe... Still quite happy at a really cheap Poison with a Radial pin instead of the Bullet pin.
Poison with radial is the best option by far since it is more universal than the bullet joint. The radial joint poison are always sold on poison international website. By the way Poison is made by the same core manufacturer as Players.