jacoby or poison jump cue?

bad english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to know from someone that has tried both jump cues what one they prefer more the jacoby or the poison jump cue. I already have an older model jacoby jump cue, and would like to get a newer one or try something new. I have seen many times on here that most everyone that has a poison jump states really good things about them I would like to know if it stands up next to the jacoby jump cue.

tinman467

Way above "World Famous"
Silver Member
I have a Jacoby jump cue (short, jump only)...and love it. I don't think your going to find a jump cue that does it all for you....remember, jumping is a learned skill. Not something some new fangled cue can make you great at. Some may be slightly easier to jump with...but its still a skill that needs to be practiced. Once your good at it, you should be able to jump with any makers jump cue. My advice to you, is to save your money and practice more with your Jacoby.

Last edited:

bflojosh

The sneakiest sneaky
Silver Member
I've played with both to try them because I have a friend that has both. I like the Jacoby the best by far!

gergs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+1 for the jacoby. I think the short one jumps real good for dart and under hand. The one thing that would be better is if I never needed it. lol

JonTravisTaylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
POISON*** hits like a ton...jumps like a frog.......pretty as an angel..........

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=280013

I may be biased:)

All kidding aside, I have had both and really like the way the poison with the phenolic tip jumps...and i didnt think I would like the GTX handle but it feels very good, you get a sense of "control" for lack of a better term...

I have a Lomax and a Gulyassy on the way..both are much more expensive but probably wont jump better :) !!