Tru Banks

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
It's the right theory though..... Right?

Hi Loren,

How have you been?

The mirror method was shown to me by my Dad 46 years ago. It is a good reference from which to start but rail & cloth conditions & spin on the ball can & will take the ball off that mirror line.

I believe OnePocketJohn got the banking DVD from Tor & he says that it is very good. I think it was only $9.00 & is called ZeroX I think.

Also if you ever start shooting with TOI, CJ's TIPS system is very good. I think the DVD is $40.00. But it is just for TOI.

Shoot Well & Best Wishes,
Rick

Last edited:

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Any one tried one of these systems? I found one on eBay. Seems like a wonderful idea the price is a little high for my budget.:eek:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tru-Banks-P...rrors-HIGH-QUALITY-Teaching-Aid-/221137924334

Banking with the Beard is good as is John Brumback's DVD on Banking.

I've found Pro-One is excellent for Banks.

Hope that helps.

You can start with the two - 1 angels on the table you play most on and then parallel shift for the different tracks as a method of adjustment. You will develop a feel for the banks through practice and learn how to stiffen / hold them vs letting them run as needed.

Good Luck.

Wybrook

A. Wheeler
Silver Member
These don't work since balls don't come off the rails in any uniform fashion.

In theory.... <---------- huge assumptions there

There are so many things that affect how the ball comes off the rail and none of them result in a perfect in-out angle...

Rails
Speed
English
Cue ball angle
Object ball angle to rail

I guess they would be helpful if you wanted to know what may happen approximately, but I would not rely on them to actually shoot a ball in.