OMG What is that?

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Leave it to Earl. What the heck is he wearing??? I tried to look around in AZB before making this thread and I didn't see anything relevant, but if it is a dup just remove this Thanks!!!

This match is from January 2014 a 9 ball match between Earl Strickland and Efren Reyes. The Battle of legends at Steinway Billiards. Looks like a nice enough place, although I can't imagine being the folks in the table directly in front of the camear. YIKES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csQeR7p3X8o

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wrap a string around the back of your neck, run it down behind the front of your shirt, and then tie it to your balls.

That'll keep you from jumping up, and you won't look like a weirdo.

Unless, of course, you do jump up.

liakos

Banned
Just wrap a string around the back of your neck, run it down behind the front of your shirt, and then tie it to your balls.

You are sick;) love it;)

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leave it to Earl. What the heck is he wearing??? I tried to look around in AZB before making this thread and I didn't see anything relevant, but if it is a dup just remove this Thanks!!!

This match is from January 2014 a 9 ball match between Earl Strickland and Efren Reyes. The Battle of legends at Steinway Billiards. Looks like a nice enough place, although I can't imagine being the folks in the table directly in front of the camear. YIKES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csQeR7p3X8o

I think the game is not as easy and natural as it once was for him. He is trying to find it artificially. Could work, look at the anchored club in golf.

jimmyquinella

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Totally off subject, but I would pay top dollar NOT to EVER have commentary.

Just the sounds of the room and the game would be great. (I hate having to watch every match on mute)

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member

Just the sounds of the room and the game would be great. (I hate having to watch every match on mute)

I like the way you think. It is very peaceful just listening to the sounds in a pool room.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member

To be fair, there are some great Streamers and Commentators. That wasn't an example of that. Thats all you have to do with some people is put a microphone in front of them and they feel the need to become Joe Announcer. That was pretty annoying.

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
I first saw Earl wearing his arm weights in the 2013 Mosconi cup and I was thinking the same thing. What the hell is he wearing on his arm! Make me feel better about wearing a glove when I play lol.

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
I know he has been wearing the weights for a while now, but this is starting to get a little ridiculous.
:confused:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he also has a tennis grip tape wrapped on his cue. Cool :)

You are almost right, it's actually a tennis racket handle extension on the butt of the cue. Up close it's pretty hysterical to look at, but when he is warming up, you have to stand in awe at what he can do with that Frankenstein cue.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
You are almost right, it's actually a tennis racket handle extension on the butt of the cue. Up close it's pretty hysterical to look at, but when he is warming up, you have to stand in awe at what he can do with that Frankenstein cue.

-
LOL
You should see earl clean house'

Rob.M

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's Earls schtick, he's been doing stuff like this for years, weights, gloves, finger slides, stupid long extension, tennis racket wrap etc.
I think it is a way for Earl to keep pool interesting to himself.
Still a fantastic player. I love watching Earl catching a gear, i just mute the audio, so I don't have to listen to the constant ranting...

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
It's just Earl being Earl. The man is a genius in many ways, undeniable IMO. I egged him on to play golf. So just he and I played as a twosome. He insisted we play from the tips (@ 7300 yards on a seriously difficult, world class course).

I've told this tale before, forgive my repeat. Anyway, he shows up, plants his ass down on the passenger side of our cart, and plops 2 Walmart-ish bags at his feet. WTF?

In those 2 bags, I slowly found out... 1st hole, he pulled out softball gloves from a bag IIRC. 2nd hole, he tossed those and pulled boxing sparring gloves.

3rd hole the velcro weights came out. Long story shorter... By the end of the front 9, he had so many velcro weights on his back leg, he was limping down the fairway. All the while he would exclaim to me, in physics detail, why he was doing/wearing everything. Weights on the right bicep when he teed off. Weights on the front leg when he chipped.

It was quite a memorable round. We were gambling and the savant, on the 452 yard uphill, handicap #1 hole, sank a 6 foot breaking putt from Egypt at double or nothing. I hate you Earl! ;)

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's just Earl being Earl. The man is a genius in many ways, undeniable IMO. I egged him on to play golf. So just he and I played as a twosome. He insisted we play from the tips (@ 7300 yards on a seriously difficult, world class course).

I've told this tale before, forgive my repeat. Anyway, he shows up, plants his ass down on the passenger side of our cart, and plops 2 Walmart-ish bags at his feet. WTF?

In those 2 bags, I slowly found out... 1st hole, he pulled out softball gloves from a bag IIRC. 2nd hole, he tossed those and pulled boxing sparring gloves.

3rd hole the velcro weights came out. Long story shorter... By the end of the front 9, he had so many velcro weights on his back leg, he was limping down the fairway. All the while he would exclaim to me, in physics detail, why he was doing/wearing everything. Weights on the right bicep when he teed off. Weights on the front leg when he chipped.

It was quite a memorable round. We were gambling and the savant, on the 452 yard uphill, handicap #1 hole, sank a 6 foot breaking putt from Egypt at double or nothing. I hate you Earl! ;)

dwZ10.jpg

Seriously...I mean it,cool story.
thumbsup.gif

Even though Earl's a little
crazy2.gif
sometimes, I love the guy.

Wright Shot

Sugartree Madness
Silver Member

Hmmm. I may actually give this one a try. I heard that SVB doesn't leave home without his string in place.