This blows my mind

The Hulk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I stumbled across this article and in blows my mind.How is this even possible? Do you think something like this could ever happen in pro pool again?

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/showblogentry.php?id=94

This is what I took from it:
Quits playing pool in 1960 at age 26- takes a 25 year break to raise a family. Starts playing pool again and playing pro tournaments(not even senior events) at 51 years old and wins the U.S. Open 9 ball in 1988 at the age of 54. Finishes 5th in the 1999 world pool championship at age 65!!!simply amazing

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
winning over 50k on that trip- appreciated getting the chance to gamble "unknocked"

I stumbled across this article and in blows my mind.How is this even possible? Do you think something like this could ever happen in pro pool again?

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/showblogentry.php?id=94

This is what I took from it:
Quits playing pool in 1960 at age 26- takes a 25 year break to raise a family. Starts playing pool again and playing pro tournaments(not even senior events) at 51 years old and wins the U.S. Open 9 ball in 1988 at the age of 54. Finishes 5th in the 1999 world pool championship at age 65!!!simply amazing

Mike Lebron was an incredible player!!!

I traveled the road for many years and Mike's name came up as "extremely tough action," and I didn't go to Philadelphia to play him.

He really didn't want to play, so when I did get in his area I played everyone else and he stayed away from the pool room......out of professional courtesy. We ended up winning over 50k on that trip - I appreciated getting the chance to gamble "unknocked".

Mike Lebron is the first one to tell me that Efren used "a touch of inside" on his shots......I've given him credit for this many times, and although he wasn't the one that taught it to me, you can clearly see him using it in his televised/videoed matches.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So did Joe

Joe Balsis quit playing also for about 25 years to raise a family with his occupation as a butcher. He was from Philadelphia area too, I think.

He came back and won USOpen 14.1 - this was around mid 1970's if my memory is correct.

Just as amazing.

Mark Griffin

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
I believe something like this will happen again. I haven't played in about 17 years and just picked it up again, so look for me on the pro tour very soon ;)