Great way to start the NEW YEAR! GC6!!!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Maybe you didn’t read through all of MY post, Trent.

Words are not “more pics to follow”.

As for pics of finished assembly GCs,
well, those are great for the table manufactures -
but do nothing for a pro installer.

And you know it.

Why not say “thanks for the suggestions and ideas,
my fellow AZBers, I’ll give these gems some consideration.”?

Only trying to help with constructive feedback, Trent. No charge either.

~ K.
I read your long winded opinion about what I should do.
Thanks but no thanks.

I posted MORE PICS for a fact. Just because they are not
what you think I should be doing with my business, really does
not mean anything to me. Install your own table and take all the
pics you want :)

I am full up on suggestions. My business model works good
and I don't need any of your free help. I doubt you are planning
on buying a table from me and because of that I have nothing to
prove to you. Have a nice night.

TFT

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
You did say “more pics to follow” in your OP, TFT.

And I’m sure most of us would (think) you were talking about install pics since you are a professional installer - not pics of the Vero machine or bar sink, sir.

To be fair.

I’ll tell you this, Trent - I personally would never hire a table installer or someone to recover my table unless they had recent pics of their work doing so.....and I mean the details. I want a man that is proud enough of his work to share a video or reference album.

Seams
Levels used
Rail and cloth work
Torque wrenches and tools
and......(especially) pocket facing detail.

No one knows or can see these details from a finished install and yet each of them can have a long-lasting effect on the job overall - as we all know and read about here on the forum. I have two friends with issues discovered long after the installer fled and didn’t torque the rail bolts properly and had inch plus irregular spacing on the cloth attachments. But it looked good when it was finished.

No reason to get defensive here, Trent. Be the pro and show us the “pics” that we care to see from an installer - not a water machine. Let the customer do that

But hey - if a GCVI fellow wants to hire an installer based on pictures of assembled tables and referrals alone without knowing what really goes on behind the curtains, then so be it. I’ll play on it. I just won’t do it.

And I’ll bet neither would you.

To many, it’s just a pool table. To a few of us, the pool table is a masterpiece and worthy of the best details. Even under the cloth.

BTW, some display tables my good friend sets up in his store look exactly like that GCVI in your assembled pic - except they have 1” plywood for the bed to save weight and time and transport.

Like my dear wife tells me all the time: pay attention to the words, not the delivery.

~ K

Just to play devils advocate here, I have pics of my GCI when I installed my cloth and I can certainly post pictures of all of those fancy tools mentioned, real top of the line stuff,
but I most certainly would not hire me to set up your table. :eek::eek::eek:
What I did is asked for references, checked out their work and found none were adequate so I had to learn to do it myself.
I called the biggest pool hall in our area and found out who did their tables and discovered they were not the quality
that I wanted. Speaking of hacks, it appears the company that owns and rents out Diamond tables in our area when
recovering their tables they are gluing the cloth around the pocket openings.........on the top side of the slate!!!!!
I have seen slow rolled balls go to the edge of both side and corner pockets stop, then roll back out about a 1/2" or so, NICE!!!!

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Just to play devils advocate here, I have pics of my GCI when I installed my cloth and I can certainly post pictures of all of those fancy tools mentioned, real top of the line stuff,
but I most certainly would not hire me to set up your table. :eek::eek::eek:
What I did is asked for references, checked out their work and found none were adequate so I had to learn to do it myself.
I called the biggest pool hall in our area and found out who did their tables and discovered they were not the quality
that I wanted. Speaking of hacks, it appears the company that owns and rents out Diamond tables in our area when
recovering their tables they are gluing the cloth around the pocket openings.........on the top side of the slate!!!!!
I have seen slow rolled balls go to the edge of both side and corner pockets stop, then roll back out about a 1/2" or so, NICE!!!!

That is exactly why showing pictures of the work being done is so important, people can see for themselves what works and what don't before they hire an installer or so called mechanic. Pictures of finished tables don't show shit, they all look the same. The details are in what you can't see in the finished pictures.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
People who don't ask the right questions end up with
the wrong company and most likely get a bad install.
Like you said, would they know a good from bad??
I am happy that is not MY CLIENTS :)

You keep pushing this idea of "saving people" and as
much as I appreciate that, me posting a some pictures
of my install is not going to save them from the local company
they hire that does $h1t work.

Stop using my post as a means to degrade other installers.

I do good work and my clients hire me for that reason.

TFT

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I came up with a great idea from all of this:

To show you I get what you are saying RKC,
I just messaged AZHOUSEPRO and proposed
that he make a "sticky thread" for mechanics
to post pics of their installations. I am always proud of my
work like I have mentioned and would be glad to make the
very first post.In fact, I just got a message about a GC5
set up and would start the thread with it when I am done
with it.

What do you all think?:grin:

TFT

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I came up with a great idea from all of this:

To show you I get what you are saying RKC,
I just messaged AZHOUSEPRO and proposed
that he make a "sticky thread" for mechanics
to post pics of their installations. I am always proud of my
work like I have mentioned and would be glad to make the
very first post.In fact, I just got a message about a GC5
set up and would start the thread with it when I am done
with it.

What do you all think?:grin:

TFT

I think its a great idea.
I would also like to see more activity in the hack work section, its important to show people what a hack job looks like as well as proper work.
I get a lot of that in my chosen field, often potential customers do not know what a professional job looks like compared to a hack job, I end up doing a lot of re-works because of this.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I think its a great idea.
I would also like to see more activity in the hack work section, its important to show people what a hack job looks like as well as proper work.
I get a lot of that in my chosen field, often potential customers do not know what a professional job looks like compared to a hack job, I end up doing a lot of re-works because of this.

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. RKC and I chatted on the phone about it and he thought it would be a good idea.

As for the hackwork section, we also chatted about that and he brought up a good point: if people are going to post someone else's hackwork, they should also post how they FIXED it. Makes sense to me. I have not heard back from AZHOUSEPRO about this yet, I hope he will approve of the idea and set up a sticky thread. Maybe if you could also send him a PM, it may help?

TFT

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks just like they do when anyone else sets them up. Why should anyone call for your services over those of anyone else....when their pictures of the finished product look just like.....yours???!!!

Reputation. I'd use you or Trent soley on reputation. Its that simple.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You did say “more pics to follow” in your OP, TFT.

And I’m sure most of us would (think) you were talking about install pics since you are a professional installer - not pics of the Vero machine or bar sink, sir.

To be fair.

I’ll tell you this, Trent - I personally would never hire a table installer or someone to recover my table unless they had recent pics of their work doing so.....and I mean the details. I want a man that is proud enough of his work to share a video or reference album.

Seams
Levels used
Rail and cloth work
Torque wrenches and tools
and......(especially) pocket facing detail.

No one knows or can see these details from a finished install and yet each of them can have a long-lasting effect on the job overall - as we all know and read about here on the forum. I have two friends with issues discovered long after the installer fled and didn’t torque the rail bolts properly and had inch plus irregular spacing on the cloth attachments. But it looked good when it was finished.

No reason to get defensive here, Trent. Be the pro and show us the “pics” that we care to see from an installer - not a water machine. Let the customer do that

But hey - if a GCVI fellow wants to hire an installer based on pictures of assembled tables and referrals alone without knowing what really goes on behind the curtains, then so be it. I’ll play on it. I just won’t do it.

And I’ll bet neither would you.

To many, it’s just a pool table. To a few of us, the pool table is a masterpiece and worthy of the best details. Even under the cloth.

BTW, some display tables my good friend sets up in his store look exactly like that GCVI in your assembled pic - except they have 1” plywood for the bed to save weight and time and transport.

Like my dear wife tells me all the time: pay attention to the words, not the delivery.

~ K
Great post, at least to me.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Reputation. I'd use you or Trent soley on reputation. Its that simple.

Thanks Frank! I am not conceited, but, I have been working hard to develop a reputation for myself in this business. I will never say I am the best or perfect. I also have been very transparent about where much of my knowledge has come from. It took time to study, learn and grow my business.I am still learning anything I can add to my skill set. I have clients all over the country and only work within a specific market of tables. I have proven myself time and time again to my CLIENTS.

I agree with some of the comments made, but, what I don't have to do is prove myself to anyone unless they are PAYING ME. People hire me because I provide good service, quality product and great customer service.

This thread did influence me to come up with a good idea( mechanics work sticky thread) and still not sure if AZHOUSEPRO is onboard. I know he is busy and try not to bug people. I will message him again next week to see if he will set up the thread.

TFT

Last edited: