So,.....what were they playing?

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At JOB’s past weekend watching bar table tourney. 4 guys in the pit playing some kinda game......appeared to be a partner game. They would bank a ball, them immediately spot a ball on head rail center, or maybe side rail. I have no clue what it was. Thoughts?
Thx

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At JOB’s past weekend watching bar table tourney. 4 guys in the pit playing some kinda game......appeared to be a partner game. They would bank a ball, them immediately spot a ball on head rail center, or maybe side rail. I have no clue what it was. Thoughts?
Thx

Could be a variation of Golf ?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thx

If there was only one ball on the table at the start of each game, 1 ball 1 pocket.

I believe we have some JOB regulars on here, maybe someone will know.

That said, it is TN. Maybe they were bowling on meth.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol

pj <- not in a stereotyping way or anything
chgo

I'll never forget the time I was gonna be in TN for a little while and asked about the action spot...I got told where it was, with the caveat:. They'll bet whatever you want, coz they know you aren't leaving with it

:eek:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thx
Sounds like one ball 1p. First to make a ball wins. Game starts with ball frozen to middle of foot rail. I've seen STUPID amounts of $$$ bet on this game.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll never forget the time I was gonna be in TN for a little while and asked about the action spot...I got told where it was, with the caveat:. They'll bet whatever you want, coz they know you aren't leaving with it

:eek:

Besides Alaska, TN goes back and forth with Louisiana for the highest murder rate each year. Alaska has highest alcoholic rate, plus everyone has a gun so they will always be #1.

PS- i use to see a game quite often where they would put golf tees on a 9 footer but other than seeing that, i could never follow what the hell they were doing but i didnt try too hard either.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Besides Alaska, TN goes back and forth with Louisiana for the highest murder rate each year. Alaska has highest alcoholic rate, plus everyone has a gun so they will always be #1.
Louisiana is the clear leader almost every year. There are 4 or 5 states that have about same #'s vying for second on that list.