DCC BigFoot 10 Ball Challenge (Jan 24th-27th, 2020)

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Hope Shane vs. Filler happens.
Sucks that it will be in the afternoon though!

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you guys make out the ball set? It looks to me on the stream like Aramith Tournament set for the object balls, but the CB looks like maybe a Cyclop? It seems to have some diamond shaped "dots" on it.

I know Cyclop is a sponsor of the DCC, but I believe this tournament has used Aramith balls for some of the years, hard to remember. Maybe that was just the Bigtruck action room that used the aramiths (and the straight pool).

to My eye-No way in hell can i tell the two 'red balls' apart unless they are side by side. It's just like half of everything else, things get worse not better with every "improvement".

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he has been playing some of the best pool of his career over the last 18 months or so.

True- however, I am quite surprised by him beating Orcollo- he was probably a an underdog by at least 2 or 3 racks.

I would be quite surprised if he beat Bustamante though- it seems like he always loses to him

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True- however, I am quite surprised by him beating Orcollo- he was probably a an underdog by at least 2 or 3 racks.

I would be quite surprised if he beat Bustamante though- it seems like he always loses to him

Well he was never in it in 1P vs Busti-May be some psychological scars there.

Was the BF always alternate break ?

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SJM is chattering in the front line and moving a lot while laughing too while Shane is shooting, I bet the players are distracted by this but out of respect to you, they don't say anything.

I think Shane's miss on the 10-9 rack was caused by SJM.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SJM is chattering in the front line and moving a lot while laughing too while Shane is shooting, I bet the players are distracted by this but out of respect to you, they don't say anything.

I think Shane's miss on the 10-9 rack was caused by SJM.

"I bet the players are distracted by this but out of respect to you, they don't say anything." He's who? :rolleyes:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Certainly an atypical breaking match for Shane against Pagulayan. Shane broke 10 times:

6 dry (2 game wins, 4 losses)

1 foul scratch, wet (loss)

3 successful (2 wins by B&R, 1 loss)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Certainly an atypical breaking match for Shane against Pagulayan. Shane broke 10 times:

6 dry (2 game wins, 4 losses)

1 foul scratch, wet (loss)

3 successful (2 wins by B&R, 1 loss)

In the action days, the 8 was considered the same value as the break on a 9-footer.
The 8 was considered more valuable than the break on a 10-footer....
...looks like it still is.

bicki

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a little confused... Why is Corteza playing? I thought Morra would be up against Filler!? Did I read that wrong? Or is that a replay?