Ghost practice using Projection Pro Billiards projector

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played a "bad" set to 7 with the 9 ball ghost. Lost 1-7. But, I marked the balls of each rack with the projection pro billiards projector before shooting.

Now, I'm going to try each rack repeatedly to see if I can figure out the best way to run each rack. When done, I'll try the original race again to see if I do any better than losing 1-7:)

Videos below. All are sped up for easy viewing.

Original set (1-7 L): Video

Practicing racks 1 and 2. Each rack I played 2 separate races to 7. Video
Rack 1, set 1, L 3-7
Rack 1, set 2, L 1-7
Rack 2, set 1, W 7-6
Rack 2, set 2, L 6-7

Rack 3, Set 1, L 2-7 (3 min long) Video
Rack 3, Set 2, L 2-7 (3 min long) Video
Rack 4, Set 1, Lose 0-7 (1 min long) Video
Rack 4, Set 2, Lose 0-7 (1 min long) Video
Rack 5, Set 1, Lose 2-7 (3 min long) Video
Rack 5, Set 2, Lose 1-7 (2 min long) Video

Rack 6, Practice session 1 (3 min long) Video
Rack 6, Set 1, Lose 6-7 (5 min long) (some good banks in this one:)) Video
Rack 6, Practice session 2 (2 min long) (3 to 5 practice) Video
Rack 6, Set 2, Lose 5-7 (4 min long) Video

Rack 7, Practice session 1 (4 min long) Video
Rack 7, Set 1, Lose 0-7 (1 min long) Video
Rack 7, Set 2, Lose 0-7 (2 min long) Video
Rack 7, Practice session 2 (2 min long) Video
Rack 7, Set 3, Win 7-3 (4 min long) Video

Rack 8, Practice session 1 (6 min long) Video
Rack 8, Set 1, Lose 1-7 (2 min long) Video
Rack 8, Set 2, Lose 1-7 (2 min long) Video
Rack 8, Practice session 2 (1 min long) Video
Rack 8, Set 3, Lose 3-7 (3 min long) Video
Rack 8, Set 4, Lose 1-7 (2 min long) Video

Complete set, Post practice, Set 1, Lose 2-6 (3 min long) Video
Complete set, Post practice, Set 2, Lose 1-7 (3 min long) Video
Complete set, Post practice, Set 3, Lose 1-7 (2 min long) Video
Complete set, Post practice, Set 4, Lose 2-6 (3 min long) Video
Complete set, Post practice, Set 5, Tie 4-4 (3 min long) Video

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Very cool stuff. In general, it looks to me like your play is on the upswing, pretty good! I'll try to check out some of your other videos.

I'm pretty excited in two weeks I'm having my pockets opened up from 4" to 4 3/8 or 4.5" inches. I live near the ocean and we have high humidity, so they play pretty tight. I can beat the ghost on the table but it's nerve racking. I want them tight but that's just too much. Even the slightest bobble and the ball jars. Can't wait to post some videos myself again. The trend seems to be going towards 4 1/2" pockets.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks cool.

I played a "bad" set to 7 with the 9 ball ghost. Lost 1-7. But, I marked the balls of each rack with the projection pro billiards projector before shooting.

Now, I'm going to try each rack repeatedly to see if I can figure out the best way to run each rack. When done, I'll try the original race again to see if I do any better than losing 1-7:)

It looks like a cool program, how long does it take to mark each ball?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

It looks like a great practice tool, fantastic job on the install!! So all in all are you very satisfied with the projection system from hardware to software?? At this point is there anything you wish you had done differently??

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Practicing racks 1 and 2. Each rack I played 2 separate races to 7. Video
Rack 1, set 1, L 3-7
Rack 1, set 2, L 1-7
Rack 2, set 1, W 7-6
Rack 2, set 2, L 6-7

It looks to be very promising.

I'm looking forward to seeing your game improve more and more..

Jeff

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool stuff. In general, it looks to me like your play is on the upswing, pretty good! I'll try to check out some of your other videos.

I'm pretty excited in two weeks I'm having my pockets opened up from 4" to 4 3/8 or 4.5" inches. I live near the ocean and we have high humidity, so they play pretty tight. I can beat the ghost on the table but it's nerve racking. I want them tight but that's just too much. Even the slightest bobble and the ball jars. Can't wait to post some videos myself again. The trend seems to be going towards 4 1/2" pockets.

Mine are 5" single shim GC pockets, and I wish they were 6:) ha ha. Good luck with your table.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like a great practice tool, fantastic job on the install!! So all in all are you very satisfied with the projection system from hardware to software?? At this point is there anything you wish you had done differently??

I'm quite satisfied with the hardware. I do wish they had a 1080P version projector, (this one is 720P), but they don't have one I could find that has the same focal length (throw they call it). Even so, its good enough.

The software is ok, but the user interface is a bit clunky. After using it a few hours, I'm used to it. But, its not super intuitive. It kind of reminds me of Windows 3.1 where I had no clue where I was in the file browser system. I give it a pass, as I think its just one pool player's son working on it. Maybe it will improve over time.

Different: I might have put a piece of thin rubber somewhere in the overhead mounting system for shock absorption. When my upstairs neighbors walk, it shakes ever so slightly. IDK if this is ever avoidable, as even when you watch accu-stats, you can see the picture from their overhead camera shake. I know my mount is quite rigid, and I'm talking about the slightest of vibrations. But, they are there.

Would I do it all again? Absolutely.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks to be very promising.

I'm looking forward to seeing your game improve more and more..

Jeff

Well, if it does not improve, at least I have some fun gadgets to keep me busy:) Its kind of like legos, the fun is in the building. ha ha.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OT-The best news is pockets getting opened up again.

This is good stuff!

Back on track....sorry for my digression

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played a ton of pool today, will upload the videos slowly, busy watching Bigfoot:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lToyDO23q6E&feature=youtu.be
This one is Rack 3, Set 1. Lost 2-7.

That is a sweet set-up....also, like you posted before, I can see how the projection ball markers let you just pick and put the balls back out without much hesitation or thought, and let’s you continue on with practice and make proper adjustments with mistakes from previous rack fresh in your mind.

Very nice.

Do you know if they have pre-installed templates for training? I remember reading there was a new practice software package being developed for the projector. Did you get that training software add-on?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a sweet set-up....also, like you posted before, I can see how the projection ball markers let you just pick and put the balls back out without much hesitation or thought, and let’s you continue on with practice and make proper adjustments with mistakes from previous rack fresh in your mind.

Very nice.

Do you know if they have pre-installed templates for training? I remember reading there was a new practice software package being developed for the projector. Did you get that training software add-on?

Thanks. There are a bunch of pre-installed drills (the free ones). To be honest, I just wanted to practice actual 9 ball layouts off my break and try to figure out the best pattern to run them in, on my own. So I haven't really messed around with the pre-installed drills.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Very nice.

here is a link to the home page
https://projectionprobilliards.com/

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I edited the first post and just added racks 3, 4, 5. I'm not doing to hot:( Still, I feel like I'm in every rack. I will have to keep grinding.

I think I'm also going to change my strategy. I'm less likely to get to the shots on the later half of each rack, so I may actually practice (in addition) the last half of each rack separately. This way I will become familiar with those specific shots as well as the early shots. Or, to make it simpler and less fatigue, practice first half only, then second half only, then the full rack. But, make the full rack attempts less.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is my rack 6 workout. I took a different approach and practiced individual parts of the rack for a good while before playing an actual set.

During the set, I realized my choice from the 3 to the 5 was causing trouble. So I did a second practice session focusing on that transition. Followed by a second set.

I also had some super nice banks to keep the sets going:)

Rack 6, Practice session 1 (3 min long) Video
Rack 6, Set 1, Lose 6-7 (5 min long) (some good banks in this one:)) Video
Rack 6, Practice session 2 (2 min long) (3 to 5 practice) Video
Rack 6, Set 2, Lose 5-7 (4 min long) Video

JC

Coos Cues
I do many similar types of things with my system but I always blank the projector before shooting. I find the images on the table to be distracting. The projector I have has one button to blank it and then push the same button again and it lights up again.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do many similar types of things with my system but I always blank the projector before shooting. I find the images on the table to be distracting. The projector I have has one button to blank it and then push the same button again and it lights up again.

Nice.

Mine has that button too. The lights kind of grew on me, ha ha.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is rack 7. I finally broke through on this one. Lost the first 2 sets 0-7 each. Did a second practice session working on trouble areas, and won set 3 7-3. My best win of the whole series. One final rack I hope to get to in the next few days.

Rack 7, Practice session 1 (4 min long) Video
Rack 7, Set 1, Lose 0-7 (1 min long) Video
Rack 7, Set 2, Lose 0-7 (2 min long) Video
Rack 7, Practice session 2 (2 min long) Video
Rack 7, Set 3, Win 7-3 (4 min long) Video

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesn't really look like scores are improving. The resolution of racks won/lost might be too large for my speed. I might need to count how many balls I pocketed to see if there is any improvement. (too much work to count, so I won't...)

Rack 8, Practice session 1 (6 min long) Video
Rack 8, Set 1, Lose 1-7 (2 min long) Video
Rack 8, Set 2, Lose 1-7 (2 min long) Video
Rack 8, Practice session 2 (1 min long) Video
Rack 8, Set 3, Lose 3-7 (3 min long) Video
Rack 8, Set 4, Lose 1-7 (2 min long) Video