theft by UPS

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
thats as plain & simple as i can say it. a UPS stole it. as close as i can figure it never left Michigan. it goes to West Branh, MI, then to Grand Rapids, MI, then to Texas. you try to get with Customer Service, your connected to Asia, its near impossible. $1,000 reward for return. i'm pulling needles out of a haystack, but don't know what else to do.

Attachments

• DSCN1926.JPG
    DSCN1926.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 1,378
  • DSCN1927.JPG
    DSCN1927.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 1,374
  • DSCN1928.JPG
    DSCN1928.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,369
  • DSCN1929.JPG
    DSCN1929.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,376

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely sucks... I'm sure getting connected to customer service
in Asia or India doesn't help.. I always try to find the US corporate
number to get something done. I'll keep an eye out here in Cali .

The cue is a distinctive design.. somebody will spot it.

Attachments

• IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,331
Last edited:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Ive shipped one cue via UPS, to Canada and a hub caught fire somewhere and shut the UPS system down. They had no idea where the cue was but it did end up arriving, a few days late. The buyer paid extra for fast shipping and the money was refunded, not in a timely manner but eventually. I refunded him immediately and then dealt with UPS.

thats as plain & simple as i can say it. a UPS stole it. as close as i can figure it never left Michigan. it goes to West Branh, MI, then to Grand Rapids, MI, then to Texas. you try to get with Customer Service, your connected to Asia, its near impossible. $1,000 reward for return. i'm pulling needles out of a haystack, but don't know what else to do.
If the cue didnt arrive to its destination they will refund your shipping cost and pay the insurance amount you had on the cue. Hopefully you insured for more than its worth...

If I can find it, I have an internal number for UPS that will connect you straight to the right person. Ive used it a few times and they always ask how I got it because its not a public number :thumbup:

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
If I can find it, I have an internal number for UPS that will connect you straight to the right person. Ive used it a few times and they always ask how I got it because its not a public number :thumbup:

A little help from the AzB forum, Nice.:thumbup::woot:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
UPS has a habit of supposedly "not knowing" where so called "tracked" packages are located. Your not getting the truth so why not go to UPS headquarters in the US, call their EVP of customer service and demand satisfaction! I had to do this once and they did eventually made good.

They will either have to admit they "lost" it- or it will miraculously turn up- but now YOU need to be the guy who goes the NON standard route by avoiding general customer service routes and go directly to the corporate offices- just commit to going all the way with Corporate UPS until you get satisfaction- it will eventually work for you if you are committed. Its not about them NOW- its about YOU!

I hope you get resolution- you are an honest seller and you DESERVE it- just keep thinking and acting that way when you start to contact their Corporate Offices!

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
UPS has a habit of supposedly "not knowing" where so called "tracked" packages are located. Your not getting the truth so why not go to UPS headquarters in the US, call their EVP of customer service and demand satisfaction! I had to do this once and they did eventually made good.

They will either have to admit they "lost" it- or it will miraculously turn up- but now YOU need to be the guy who goes the NON standard route by avoiding general customer service routes and go directly to the corporate offices- just commit to going all the way with Corporate UPS until you get satisfaction- it will eventually work for you if you are committed. Its not about them NOW- its about YOU!

I hope you get resolution- you are an honest seller and you DESERVE it- just keep thinking and acting that way when you start to contact their Corporate Offices!

Not that it’ll do any good..., report to police, any transportation or commerce agencies. Local attorney generals office.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In 2019, I think USPS is finally the way to go (should of been all along).

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you insure it? I won't even ship a cheap cue without insurance.

I also only ship with USPS Priority or Express. Shipped about 50 or 60 cues over the years and never lost one.....

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Why the facilities don't have time stamp cameras in EVERY location packages can move INCLUDING inside the delivery vehicles and even all entrance and parking areas is beyond me....

Though it may take some time to find out what happened, they eventually would and it'd be a very simple solution and would cut down theft dramatically.

mrgoob

Registered
Hey Don,

I spoke with you on the phone earlier today.
UPS is sending you paperwork to your address that you gave them as shipper.
You should get it next week.
Fill it out, send it back.
They will process it and send a check.
Hope that works out.
Let me know if you need more help.

Your friend in NC

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did you insure it? I won't even ship a cheap cue without insurance.

I also only ship with USPS Priority or Express. Shipped about 50 or 60 cues over the years and never lost one.....

Yes, usps is the way to go, cheaper and much more reliable

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But for how much that's the question? Also people keep asking about insurance so I guess it's perfectly ok to have to pay the shipper not to lose, break or steal your merchandise? I would think that would be one of their priorities.

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
this cue is 1 of 7 w/ ivory in it. no Meucci in butt, Bob wouldn't engrave ivory. thanks for your help. Runner, don't no how to get hold of UPS corporate. Stake Horse, do you know UPS internal number?, or UPS headquarters? what is EVP of corporate

customer service. any help would be appreciated. thanks, Do

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I'd say hopefully you learned a lesson, but you're still complaining here.

If you don't insure your package, you're only entitled to the return of your shipping cost.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Sorry for your loss, I recently had a 2200 loss thanks to USPS.
Whoever stole your cue will probably get hit
by a Mac truck.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is another way of looking at insurance: The OP is a dealer, and has probably shipped hundreds, maybe even over a 1000 cues over the years. How many of those were lost/stolen/damaged in transit? Is this the only one? If he paid on average $30 to insure each of those cues, would insurance on all cues make him ahead or behind compared to never insuring any of them?

Remember, insurance is a business. The insurance company is always ahead.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
But for how much that's the question? Also people keep asking about insurance so I guess it's perfectly ok to have to pay the shipper not to lose, break or steal your merchandise? I would think that would be one of their priorities.

I have sympathy for the OP, but it's the same kind I have for a buddy who lost a few grand betting on the Superbowl. It's real sympathy, or at least empathy but still....

I struggle myself with the idea that I need to pay extra to know my package will actually make it as opposed to them simply trying to get it there but I have to look at it from their side as well. Let's say every single box they ship is the same size, same weight and traveling the same distance and even in the same proximity to a distribution hub. If they price in paying out for the inevitable occasional loss, shouldn't they charge more when they risk having to pay for a $3000 cue than if the risk is having to pay out for a $10 wiffleball bat? Unfortunately, they are not only at risk due to internal shenanigans or mistakes (damage) but also external theft, fire, plane crashes, bad weather and probably most of all...customer claim fraud. Taking on an expensive item costs them more than a really cheap item in the same size box going the same route. Honestly, if I ran the place I'd just charge a premium on top of the base rate for the declared value on every single package. Want the cheapest rate, tell me it's worth $10 and that's what you'll get if it falls off the truck.

Last edited: