Adams family? Cue ID help please?

Burnett Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An old man at the pool hall walked in and was shooting with this cue. I had put a tip on his normal player and this was his snooker cue/backup. I asked if it was for sale and he said of course because we don’t have anymore snooker tables and he can’t see anymore anyway. He sold it to a friend before I could make an offer on it, which kind of bummed me out. My buddy bought it for $200. The finish on the cue was near perfect and it seemed to have real Irish linen on it. What make and model do you think it is?

Attachments

• 2A2F8B6E-A561-4F87-99B3-99FB88437AD8.jpg
    2A2F8B6E-A561-4F87-99B3-99FB88437AD8.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 397
  • D8A7D424-823C-4DD0-AED9-1ED42E2833E2.jpg
    D8A7D424-823C-4DD0-AED9-1ED42E2833E2.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 392
  • EC3FDC15-312C-438B-8904-32252D7904E4.jpg
    EC3FDC15-312C-438B-8904-32252D7904E4.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 388
  • ED67711A-9727-445F-AEA8-375E20656347.jpg
    ED67711A-9727-445F-AEA8-375E20656347.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 387

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Adam made a lot of snooker cues....that’s not one of them...
...seems to be a converted pool cue.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Viking made it I think.

Could have been sold under another brand name though. So the exact model may not be in a Viking catalog. They made cues under a number of names like Murrey, Excalibur, Lou Butera, and Gandy for example.

I suspect the bumper may not be original by the way.

I do believe it is an older model. Maybe early to mid seventies? Just a guess though.

It's worth what he paid.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Viking made it I think.

Could have been sold under another brand name though. So the exact model may not be in a Viking catalog. They made cues under a number of names like Murrey, Excalibur, Lou Butera, and Gandy for example.

I suspect the bumper may not be original by the way.

I do believe it is an older model. Maybe early to mid seventies? Just a guess though.

It's worth what he paid.
Z-75 Viking http://www.vikingcue.com/z-series/ Joint looks different than the options listed in that catalog. Should say "Viking" on butt-cap also. Asian copy maybe?

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Z-75 Viking http://www.vikingcue.com/z-series/ Joint looks different than the options listed in that catalog. Should say "Viking" on butt-cap also. Asian copy maybe?

Thanks.

Something is wrong with my flash so I can't look at the catalogs. I tried earlier.

Extremely unlikely to be an Asian copy I think.

It does not say Viking on it, that's why I suggested it might have been another brand made by Viking and that the exact match might not be found in a Viking catalog.

I am pretty confident Viking made it. Although, Viking sold a lot of parts back then as well and it could have been made by someone else from Viking parts.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks.

Something is wrong with my flash so I can't look at the catalogs. I tried earlier.

Extremely unlikely to be an Asian copy I think.

It does not say Viking on it, that's why I suggested it might have been another brand made by Viking and that the exact match might not be found in a Viking catalog.

I am pretty confident Viking made it. Although, Viking sold a lot of parts back then as well and it could have been made by someone else from Viking parts.
It looks exactly like one in catalog other that the joint. Viking offered two piloted and the super and this cue's doesn't look like any of them. The Viking pilots are rounded and this one is kinda squared-off.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks exactly like one in catalog other that the joint. Viking offered two piloted and the super and this cue's doesn't look like any of them. The Viking pilots are rounded and this one is kinda squared-off.

Actually, they made a greater variety than that.

I am sitting here looking at a squared off Viking pilot right now.

For example, they made Gandy cues under contract for ten years. Squared pilot.

If it looks exactly like the one in the catalog, then I would bet that's it. Perhaps a different year or production run. Yes, in spite of the pilot.

If the one in that catalog has a window, then this could have been sold under another brand. As I said before. Or custom ordered without the window.

Wish I could see the catalog, but I can't right now.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, they made a greater variety than that.

I am sitting here looking at a squared off Viking pilot right now.

For example, they made Gandy cues under contract for ten years. Squared pilot.

If it looks exactly like the one in the catalog, then I would bet that's it. Perhaps a different year or production run. Yes, in spite of the pilot.

If the one in that catalog has a window, then this could have been sold under another brand. As I said before. Or custom ordered without the window.

Wish I could see the catalog, but I can't right now.
I don't doubt you one bit. I'm just going be whats in that specific catalog. Its definitely the same cue.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
It certainly looks Viking like. Viking was not a stickler for perfect inlays but that brass dot in the point was not even close🤨