AZB!! Has any one of you played with a Barioni cue??

Onepocketking1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seen a video on youtube by this cue maker and just wondering if the hype about these cues are true.

jmizzo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The other day I was thinking the same thing, looked at some old threads and saw him get absolutely destroyed by Eric crisp of sugartree cues. Totally awesome.

From his attitude on here, I would never purchase a barioni cue, even if it elevated my game by a ball.

JLD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with one of John's cue's which I just received less than a month ago. I have played with a custom Schon since 1984 with a Predator shaft added in the 90's. It is the only cue of many that I have tried since I added the Predator shaft to my Schon that I didn't have to adjust my aim when using english. I did a review on his cue here on Azbilliards in the cue reviews section if you care to read it.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=277876&page=3

I also plan on using this cue in the BCA Nationals this month in Vegas. I liked the cue well enough that I would have bought the only other one he had completed at the same time he finished mine but unfortunately I didn't have the $1200 cash to spare.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The other day I was thinking the same thing, looked at some old threads and saw him get absolutely destroyed by Eric crisp of sugartree cues. Totally awesome.

From his attitude on here, I would never purchase a barioni cue, even if it elevated my game by a ball.

i like sugartree cues and eric crisp has skills but he was way out of line talking down to John Barioni in those threads.

Barioni cues look and play well. he really focuses on making his cues as LD as physically possible. they look good and they play well. i know the guy personally. i've been to his shop and i've tried out several of his cues. Eric Crisp is held in high regard on here so when he talked bad about barioni a lot of people jumped on the f barioni cues bandwagon. Eric Crisp has talent but he's not the end all in saying whose cues are good or not.