Any issues with newer Diamond tables splitting?

I miss alot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good morning, I'm about to purchase a new Diamond 9ft Pro AM and want to make sure i purchase the right one.. I know they lost the patent on Diamondwood and the new ones are something similar called Dynolux. So I have a few question listed below I was hoping someone on here is familiar with.

1. I heard there was an issue with the wood splitting throughout the newer tables that have that Dynolux, mainly the frame portion. I believe Diamond would fix any issues like that out of warranty but heard the Rosewood doesn't really have this issue. Does any one have info on this?

2. I see there is another option for Plastic Resin Compound. I'm unfamiliar with this, is this entire frame a hard plastic compound instead of Dynolux?

3. Pro Cut pockets, which is what I'm interested in getting. Are these typically 4.25 inches with a straight in (non curved) facing?

Thanks for the info.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
1. The frames are not made of "Dymalux".
2. "PHENOLIC RESIN COMPOUND" is not plastic.
3. Pro Cut pockets are 4.5" corners at 141 degrees and 5" sides at 102 degrees.

I hope I helped answer your questions.

TFT

Good morning, I'm about to purchase a new Diamond 9ft Pro AM and want to make sure i purchase the right one.. I know they lost the patent on Diamondwood and the new ones are something similar called Dynolux. So I have a few question listed below I was hoping someone on here is familiar with.

1. I heard there was an issue with the wood splitting throughout the newer tables that have that Dynolux, mainly the frame portion. I believe Diamond would fix any issues like that out of warranty but heard the Rosewood doesn't really have this issue. Does any one have info on this?

2. I see there is another option for Plastic Resin Compound. I'm unfamiliar with this, is this entire frame a hard plastic compound instead of Dynolux?

3. Pro Cut pockets, which is what I'm interested in getting. Are these typically 4.25 inches with a straight in (non curved) facing?

Thanks for the info.

Attachments

• e725847354edcf17e19cb1689c1459c45941eab9-1.jpg
    e725847354edcf17e19cb1689c1459c45941eab9-1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 439

I miss alot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. The frames are not made of "Dymalux".
2. "PHENOLIC RESIN COMPOUND" is not plastic.
3. Pro Cut pockets are 4.5" corners at 141 degrees and 5" sides at 102 degrees.

I hope I helped answer your questions.

TFT
Thank Trent, So is this PRC the all black ones that you see in a lot of tournaments like the US Open etc? Any issues with these as far as that splitting issue? Just trying to get all the facts before dropping this kind of money. Thanks

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Phenol formaldehyde resins (PF) or phenolic resins are synthetic polymers obtained by the reaction of phenol or substituted phenol with formaldehyde. Used as the basis for Bakelite, PFs were the first commercial synthetic resins (plastics).

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Yes, those are PRC. I have never seen the rails "split". Never heard anyone say that either. I totally understand, it is a lot of money and you should know as much as you can. Diamonds are great tables and you will love yours!

TFT

Thank Trent, So is this PRC the all black ones that you see in a lot of tournaments like the US Open etc? Any issues with these as far as that splitting issue? Just trying to get all the facts before dropping this kind of money. Thanks

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I know someone who ordered a black diamond table.
They loaned him a set of rails because Diamond is not happy with the black rails right now.
They told him the color is not consistent.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I know someone who ordered a black diamond table.
They loaned him a set of rails because Diamond is not happy with the black rails right now.
They told him the color is not consistent.

They are not offering Charcoal Dymalux now because of this. Brown streaks through them.

TFT