how are ya'll doing in league ?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had an uninspired 4-0 win in a 5-4 race (NAPA). I played poorly, my opponent played poorly. The way I look at, I just lost slower than he did.

my napa league is cancelled tom. apa has 9 ball tri cups this weekend and a lot of napa players are in tri cups also.

my 9 ball team did not make it. oh well... we still got this session to try to qualify.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
played in my double jeapordy league tonight.

i faced another 5 in 9 ball.he is a strong 5 in this division and tonight he was a lil stronger than normal . he won 38-25. one of those nights he was just firing everything in and when he missed i was left bad lol.

i wound facing him again in 8 ball. he started out strong again and got up 2-0. while i was racking the 3rd rack i told myself ...this just ain't happening to me and went into defense mode. i figured if i could not out shoot him to just out think him.

i won 4-2 in 45 innnings. yea i played a shit load of safties on him lol.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i won 4-2 in 45 innnings. yea i played a shit load of safties on him lol.

Must have been some good safeties lol. That works out to each of you coming to the table 7 times a game.

I just looked up our APA stats. We're in first place for 9-ball and second to last in 8-ball :eek:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Just started new session on tue and thurs. Tue on valley barbox, 3-man team. and thus on 9 ft GC with a 5man team. . I've gotten complacent the last few years. My son is more involved in stuff, so I just stopped practicing and just showed up for league.

well, I finally had a terrible session, not off, not a little off, but rotten.... the no serious practice caught up with me... plus I lost a little interest in putting the time in... and losing to guys I should be able to beat left handed has finally told me to either quit, or get back to it...

so i've been doing serious practicing an hour or more a night for the last two weeks... and about 5 to 6 hours on the weekends before new session started. So, a good 30 hours of serious practice, straight in shots to correct my mechanics that have gotten a little sloppy. I'm also staying out of NPR :)

I play acs... so you get 10 points for a win, and one point for every ball your opponent leaves on the table.

In 5 games on Thurs, won 4 lost one, for a score of 56. On Tuesday, in two weeks, I'm 9-3,. with a 67 score and 70 score. (we play 6 games on tues night). My HC is gonna take a toll, but I don't give a crap about that....just play your best game, and worry about the rest later....

So, I think i'm BAAAAACK.... can't wait till tomorrow night to make sure i'm not just getting the rolls :)

PS: ACS state tournament is only 8 weeks away... and this year is going to be 1/2 mile from my house :) Destiny calls !!!!!

Last edited:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just started new session on tue and thurs. Tue on valley barbox, 3-man team. and thus on 9 ft GC with a 5man team. . I've gotten complacent the last few years. My son is more involved in stuff, so I just stopped practicing and just showed up for league.

well, I finally had a terrible session, not off, not a little off, but rotten.... the no serious practice caught up with me... plus I lost a little interest in putting the time in... and losing to guys I should be able to beat left handed has finally told me to either quit, or get back to it...

so i've been doing serious practicing an hour or more a night for the last two weeks... and about 5 to 6 hours on the weekends before new session started. So, a good 30 hours of serious practice, straight in shots to correct my mechanics that have gotten a little sloppy. I'm also staying out of NPR :)

I play acs... so you get 10 points for a win, and one point for every ball your opponent leaves on the table.

In 5 games on Thurs, won 4 lost one, for a score of 56. On Tuesday, in two weeks, I'm 9-3,. with a 67 score and 70 score. (we play 6 games on tues night). My HC is gonna take a toll, but I don't give a crap about that....just play your best game, and worry about the rest later....

So, I think i'm BAAAAACK.... can't wait till tomorrow night to make sure i'm not just getting the rolls :)

PS: ACS state tournament is only 8 weeks away... and this year is going to be 1/2 mile from my house :) Destiny calls !!!!!

congrats on the good shooting. i think i gotta put in some table time also my games been slacking .

good luck at your states.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Must have been some good safeties lol. That works out to each of you coming to the table 7 times a game.

I just looked up our APA stats. We're in first place for 9-ball and second to last in 8-ball :eek:

we are in 2nd place in 9 ball but we are only 3 weeks into the last session before our last tricups before cities.... a lot can happen before the end of session.

don't know where we stand in 8 ball because i never look it up as we are already qualified for cities .

last night we won 9 ball 69-31 with my match being our only loss. in 8 ball we won 10-5 winning all 5 matches.

as far as the innings go the 1st 2 racks went by pretty quick. he would run 5-6 balls then i would run 5-6 balls then he would run out.

like i said 3 rd rack i went into defense mode. he ran 5 balls then i would makea ball and duck, break out a cluster and duck. did that 4 racks in a row to win the match. last rack he finally got smart and left his last ball on the table and just hit it around instead of trying to run out knowing he could not as the 8 was froze on one of my balls. that rack went 12 innings before i won.

dundeewizard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
playing APA , 8 ball league and master league. 8 ball we mid table but our new players are starting to get their handicaps corrected so see us climbing. masters we aer in top position but around 11 points and play 2nd placed team this week.

Banks

Banned
In 5 games on Thurs, won 4 lost one, for a score of 56. On Tuesday, in two weeks, I'm 9-3,. with a 67 score and 70 score. (we play 6 games on tues night).

I don't think I've seen scoring like that(bca?). How does the opponent's score get tallied? Lucky you on the location, too.

like i said 3 rd rack i went into defense mode. he ran 5 balls then i would makea ball and duck, break out a cluster and duck. did that 4 racks in a row to win the match. last rack he finally got smart and left his last ball on the table and just hit it around instead of trying to run out knowing he could not as the 8 was froze on one of my balls. that rack went 12 innings before i won.

It's a pain, but keep it up and you'll begin to figure out how to maneuver things around so it'll only take you a couple of those plays before you can get out. Nice way to grind it out.

playing APA , 8 ball league and master league. 8 ball we mid table but our new players are starting to get their handicaps corrected so see us climbing. masters we aer in top position but around 11 points and play 2nd placed team this week.

The masters division I'm in has 4 teams, so with a 15 week session :thud: we play each of the other teams 5 times!

Had yesterday off, will probably play 8 tomorrow, then taking Wednesday off and then the last week of BCA playoffs on Thursday. We have our annual Portland Vs. Salem APA tournament on Saturday, so I'm giving that a shot for the first time. Checked last year's event, $35 entry, get a t-shirt, pays through 24th and 1st got $330. I'm hoping that the worst I can do is get my money back. :eek:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I don't think I've seen scoring like that(bca?). How does the opponent's score get tallied? Lucky you on the location, too.

:eek:

The loser of the game gets one point for every ball made. Thus, a break and run the winner gets 10 for win, plus one point for each ball left on table by opponent... thus a 17-0 score... unless, of course, you made a solid on the break, but choose stripes, then it would be 16-1.

Each round consists of every one your team playing everyone on their team one game. Add up the points (plus HC) and that is the winner of the round. Do it four more times for 5 man team, or 5 more times for 3 man teams.....

At the end, what ever team scored the most total points (including HC) gets another round counted for them... and thus, nobody can "lay down" when a round is won already because the total points may come down to a few points, and you just can't take the chance.

One or two round could be the diff of first or second place.....16 teams on Thursdays....so you can't sand bag.....makes no sense...

Banks

Banned
The loser of the game gets one point for every ball made. Thus, a break and run the winner gets 10 for win, plus one point for each ball left on table by opponent... thus a 17-0 score... unless, of course, you made a solid on the break, but choose stripes, then it would be 16-1.

Each round consists of every one your team playing everyone on their team one game. Add up the points (plus HC) and that is the winner of the round. Do it four more times for 5 man team, or 5 more times for 3 man teams.....

At the end, what ever team scored the most total points (including HC) gets another round counted for them... and thus, nobody can "lay down" when a round is won already because the total points may come down to a few points, and you just can't take the chance.

One or two round could be the diff of first or second place.....16 teams on Thursdays....so you can't sand bag.....makes no sense...

Ah, ok. I think the first BCA division I played in did it similarly.. either that, or it was an adjust rating system that went above 10. Must make for some brutal scores if the match-ups get lopsided. We do the same for the '6th' round. The division I currently play in, I think, averages out your score(1-10) and rounds up (or something like that) for your handicap.

ceodynamo

Have cue will travel
Silver Member
had a bye last week

We had a bye week last monday at league night so I'm anxious to get there and see where we have been moved. My average was a 5 and I was 7-5. This is 3 man 9ball and we play a total of 18 games 6 a man.

hopefully tonight we can shoot good and maybe play a weaker team and get my wins up!

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Ah, ok. I think the first BCA division I played in did it similarly.. either that, or it was an adjust rating system that went above 10. Must make for some brutal scores if the match-ups get lopsided. We do the same for the '6th' round. The division I currently play in, I think, averages out your score(1-10) and rounds up (or something like that) for your handicap.

Yeah, if you got broke and run on the first game of the round, you need somebody on your team to step up, and at least pull off at minium at 14-3 to counter act that, cause just winning 10-7 the next four games is still not going to do it. Basically, you can win 4 out of 5 games in the round an LOSE. Thus, if you are playing a weak team with a big HC, you need to not just win, but pound them a little bit because they are getting an extra 7 or 8 balls per round :)

Last edited:

JBB2388

Banger Extraordinaire
Silver Member
Good luck to everyone playing tonight. I hope to get back on track tonight. Despite of winning two of my three matches at the qualifiers two weekends ago and probably should have won the third I am on a rough stretch in my weekly league matches having dropped 4 of my last 5 matches. All guys I should have beat handily. Easily my worst stretch since joining the APA. Gone are my chances of getting my win% up to 80. :p

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For what it's worth...

We wrapped up our Valley League last night. We won the regular season and finished up with a tournament last night. I thought the little tournament we had last night was a lot of fun. Maybe we were having too much fun because in our 2nd match we didn't play very well. We were all scratching on the break or flying the cue ball off the table.

Our anchor, who shall remain nameless managed to set a record of some sort -- in a 4 rack format, where you break 2 times, he somehow managed to scratch 3 times on the break. Can anyone guess how he managed this feat?

Going in to the final round we were trailing by a significant amount. We finally got down to business and started running some racks. I think we won the final round 40-3 or something like that. The final match was a blood bath. So, we are the champions.

Now where did I put that patch???

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
For what it's worth...

We wrapped up our Valley League last night. We won the regular season and finished up with a tournament last night. I thought the little tournament we had last night was a lot of fun. Maybe we were having too much fun because in our 2nd match we didn't play very well. We were all scratching on the break or flying the cue ball off the table.

Our anchor, who shall remain nameless managed to set a record of some sort -- in a 4 rack format, where you break 2 times, he somehow managed to scratch 3 times on the break. Can anyone guess how he managed this feat?

Going in to the final round we were trailing by a significant amount. We finally got down to business and started running some racks. I think we won the final round 40-3 or something like that. The final match was a blood bath. So, we are the champions.

Now where did I put that patch???

Yeah, he got the break when his opponent fouled on his break.... thus gave him a chance to screw up another break off his own :)

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, he got the break when his opponent fouled on his break.... thus gave him a chance to screw up another break off his own :)

Yeah - that was too easy. Thanks for playing.

I see you are playing in the Illinois ACS Team event. I know the Indiana one is just a couple of weeks away and there are usually a few teams from the Chicago area. Any chance you will be making it to that one?

sjb

evolving player
Silver Member
what are y'all playing with in league, cue wise ???

I play with my Carmeli on my in-house BCA Scratch league, but generally go to my $59 Players sneaky when I play APA, given some of the dives we travel to. Oh, both teams finished 1st place last sessions. I didn't lose any APA matches (10-0). Funny, considering I wasn't using the high $ custom to make me play better. :wink:

Attachments

• Snapshot 2013-01-18 12-53-34.jpg
    Snapshot 2013-01-18 12-53-34.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 140

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

regular sessions i use a phillipi loaded with ivory, mop, ans silver stitch rings at all locations. pictures in my album on home page.

playoffs, or higher level tournaments i use a cheap import sneaky. gets kinda crowded during playoffs and i would go apeshit if something happened to my custom.

btw i play better with that sneaky.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Erwin Plain Jane Rosewood/BEM Butt
Tiger Ultra X LD Shaft
McDermott G-Core Shaft (currently trying to sell it)
Schmelke Cocobolo Full Splice Break Cue
Purple Heart Break Shaft
Maple Break Shaft (Identical to the purple heart shaft)
Poison VX Jump Cue
All of it fits in my JB Rugged 2x5

12305489394_44e9bfdb82_z.jpg