how are ya'll doing in league ?

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Had a great night Tuesday at 8-ball, beat a strong 6, match was fun, both of us playing well, then poorly....we took turns :p but both of us could laugh about it and have a good game.

I thought I might be on my way....

Thursday night 9-ball, played a strong 5, got my butt kicked. A small part of the problem is this guy, and a couple others on this particular team....well, they don't play "safe" when they don't have a shot. They hit it hard, and see if something falls. Often it does, and if it doesn't, I'm inevitably snookered.

I know going in that they will do this, so I shouldn't let it bother me. Its just so damned annoying, cuz three of them that do this all shoot as well or better than I do, AND they pull this stuff. And they never seem to scratch doing it either. The luck is amazing, and puts me right off.

My problem, my mental block. No excuses. Just aggravation.

Oh well, back at it next week!

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
had a lot going on and have not posted the last couple of weeks.

dont remember what i did last week.:embarrassed2:

last sunday i played double jeapordy. lost 8 ball and won 9 ball...dont remember the score.

this week i been on a roll... sorta.

tue night 8 ball lost to another 5 by 4-3. i played sub par.

after 3 weeks of being asked to join a new wed night team i finally agreed. lo and behold ...double jeapordy. my 1st night was against my new tue night team i just joined.

lost 8 ball against a 6 hill-hill....won 9 ball 12-8 against another 5.

fri night i had a 3 thrown against me in 9 ball....i won 38-3. my 3rd 20-0 skunk in apa.

today at 9 ball tricups i faced another 5. i won 38-7 for a 19-1 score. if i had not flubbed a break and run shooting on the 7 ball i would have scored another 20-0 skunk.:angry:

finals tom. would not be surprised if i am raised to a 6 when i get there.

Banks

Banned
fri night i had a 3 thrown against me in 9 ball....i won 38-3. my 3rd 20-0 skunk in apa.

today at 9 ball tricups i faced another 5. i won 38-7 for a 19-1 score. if i had not flubbed a break and run shooting on the 7 ball i would have scored another 20-0 skunk.:angry:

finals tom. would not be surprised if i am raised to a 6 when i get there.

Almost 300 9b matches and still no skunk patch for me. Maybe this session, as my captain forced me to join her team for both 8 and 9, though i won't be playing much more than my 4 needed.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost 300 9b matches and still no skunk patch for me. Maybe this session, as my captain forced me to join her team for both 8 and 9, though i won't be playing much more than my 4 needed.

i have almost 300 9 ball matches also....just looked it up . 297 to be exact.

i had a break and run last night and as i stated flubbed the 7 to erase a sure break and run today. i made the classic mistake of thinking while i was down on the shot. it was not a hard shot ...the thought that i was on a b&r entered my head and i missed. :eek:

as i stated i won 38-7..if i had held him to 6 i would have had 2 skunks in 2 days .

i hope i play as well tom in the finals as i did today.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You want to get skunked at 9 ball soon? :thumbup:

Banks

Banned
i have almost 300 9 ball matches also....just looked it up . 297 to be exact.

i had a break and run last night and as i stated flubbed the 7 to erase a sure break and run today. i made the classic mistake of thinking while i was down on the shot. it was not a hard shot ...the thought that i was on a b&r entered my head and i missed. :eek:

as i stated i won 38-7..if i had held him to 6 i would have had 2 skunks in 2 days .

i hope i play as well tom in the finals as i did today.

294 for me, i think.

Nice work and good luck in the finals!

You want to get skunked at 9 ball soon? :thumbup:

I get the 8, right? It may have to wait until next weekend.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well we won 9 ball tri cups today .:grin: i faced a 7 and won 16-4.

went to double jeapordy tonight. we were on the 9's again....gettin to where i am playing decent on them. faced a 6 in 8 ball and lost hill-hill.

faced a 9 in 9 ball and won 15-5. unbelievable !!

so i have played 4 9 ball matches since fri night and won all of them.

won vs a 3 ..,20-0
won vs a 5 ...19-1
won vs a 7... 16-4
won vs a 9 ...15-5

unfriggin believable !!!

Kaiser Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We lost in our 9 ball tri cup, made it to Sunday and lost by a few balls just like last session. I knew I'd have trouble as a 5 but I won all 3 of my matches Saturday before flaming out Sunday losing 15-5 :( I blame myself for our loss as I was the highest SL player that couldn't get it done in the match, maybe next year. Still have 8-ball LTC in 3 weeks.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Never played APA 8-ball before, this is my first night. :)

Playing for a team my best friend put together out of his bar, with almost a full team of players that have never played in any league before.:eek:

Not our home place, but a nice place nonetheless...

Attachments

• 14332034445010.jpg
    14332034445010.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 191

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member

Playing for a team my best friend put together out of his bar, with almost a full team of players that have never played in any league before.:eek:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
after being on a roll in 9 ball lately i came back to reality last night the reality is i aint as good as i was beginning to believe i was. lost to a 4 by 31-36. no he did not play that good....i played baaaad :(.

lemme tell you how bad...bih on the 9. placed the cue ball 4'' from the 9 on a straight in shot and double hit the cue ball. rest of my game was not much better....how is that for bad.?

lo was sitting there watching and said he could not believe that last fri i scored 38 points in 5 innings on the way to a 38-3 win .... then only score 12 points in 10 innings by the end of the 2nd rack last night :confused:

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member

Well, I won my first ever APA 8-ball match :)

I played a pretty good SL5 (I think he went 10-2 in the last session), and was able to beat him hill hill, 5-2.

I didn't play great, but did enough to win. ..

Gonna have to work with a few players on my new team though. For the most part, I didn't say anything and just watched them shoot, to get a feel for each of their games.. Two guys don't even have a comfortable bridge for themselves, so were truly going to be starting from the beginning..

I did however do a few coaches for my step daughter, and helped her beat their captain :thumbup:

Fun overall, and met a few new people..

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got to league tonight and found out they raised me to a 6 in 9 ball. Guess every one can quit callin me a sandbagger now.:D

Played 9 ball vs a 3 tonight and barely won 46-20. I guess its better than losing:D

Got 8 ball qualifier for ltc 's tommorow. Still a 5 in 8 so if I go undefeated lil I did in 9 ball ltc qualifier guess they will still be callin me a sandbagger :D

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i had a pretty busy weekend.

8 ball qualifier saturday. i never got to shoot. they blowed us out 1st 2 matches. oh well at least my other team is in the ltc's.

had master league today. i played 4 matches since we had a make up from 2 weeks ago.

won 7-5
lost 7-1
won 7-3
lost 7-3

i played a 5 in 9 ball double jeapordy tonight and won 46-34 in a 46-38 race. did not play 8 ball.

i really think masters league has upped my game... especially 9 ball. it shows since i was raised to a 6 friday. now if i can get my 8 ball game back on track.:eek:

i was a 6 in 8 ball 2 years ago then went back to a 5. was beginning to think i was gonna be stuck at a 5 till i retire from pool. i will be 61 next month and finally starting to play a little decent but still got a long ways to go before i get outa banger status. :D