how are ya'll doing in league ?

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im not even a monster 7 and I get thrown off in half the time.Sick of waiting all night to play 2s and 3s.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im not even a monster 7 and I get thrown off in half the time.Sick of waiting all night to play 2s and 3s.

Move to memphis. Occasionally some captain will throw off but most every one tries ti match up even as possible.

Derek7646

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Thursday APA 8ball, i'm undefeated in two sessions. In my Tuesday partners league, we have lost four sets out of 56 between the two of us over the course of 14 weeks. Two man teams, play each opponent once. Once in 8 ball, once in 9 ball. We are leaving that league after we get paid, as we didn't know what we were getting ourselves into skill wise.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played 9 ball last night and I had won 46-41 after looking at the scoresheet. I commented...dang I pulled out a close one. The scorekeeper said it was not close ...he was going to 55. I said I thought he was a 6 like me. She said no that he was a 7. Last time I played him he was a 6.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm doing my first BCA league. It's interesting to play what amounts to 4 hill-hill games each night. My team is not that good, so after the first few rounds we have been playing against weaker opposition and I'm now incentivized against going for break-and-runs and instead aiming for runouts only in high percentage situations. My safety play and overall barbox strategy have definitely improved as a result. I'm hoping to get onto a better team next year which will change the strategic calculus.

One thing that definitely needs work is my break. Too often I make a ball and leave myself clusters or break them wide open and dry and leave possible runouts. I'm not being punished for it now but against better opposition it would be a problem.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played pretty well last night. Played one of the best 6's in the league in both 8 and 9 ball. Ended the nine ball match with a sweet nine ball break...I won 4-1. 8 ball was back and forth but played really strong, was down three to two after five games but I wont the last two pretty convincingly to take the victory. Now 6-3 in 8 ball this session and a paltry 4-4 in 9 ball.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a.real busy weekend between playing league and an 8 ball tournament.

Friday night i only played 8 ball in my double jeapordy league. Lost 5-1 vs a 7.

Saturday 3 man 8 ball tournament. Won 4-2 vs a 5. Won 4-3 vs a 5. Won 4-1 vs a 5.

Come back Sunday . Won 4-0 vs a 3.. won 4-0 vs a 5.

Sunday night 9 ball playoffs. A real frustrating game because of my break. I played the last match vs another 6 and we were far enough ahead I only had to go to 23 before he reached 46 in what would be a normal 46-46 race.

I won the lag and scratched on the first break. Was able to picket the 9 after my opponent ran several balls starting with bih.

To shorten this i scratched on the first 3 racks o a row...did not scratch on the 4 th break but it was a dry break. Some how i was able to hang close to him the entire match basically spotting him bih 3 racks in a row. He only had 27 when i reached 23 giving us the win. Unreal that i manage to hang with him . I have stated....complained and whined more apt description lol about my 9 ball break sucks but it has never sucked lime last night

On the bright side we won 9 ball playoff last night and go to tri cups. We also finished i first place in 8 ball and also won big dawg which gives us an auto berth to ltc's

Not.bad at all.

Friday team finished first place

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
I'm only doing partners men's tuesday and Wednesday night's this year. My partner is Pete Cherrier , the cue maker, and I'm lucky because he plays sporty and smart...doesn't sell out. Our teams are in first place both nights, so I think we are doing just fine. Half way through the session, and looking for more table runs to go with my beers.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Looking forward to league tonight.

Gonna find out if one of our team members is gonna quit. I'll just say he dropped something on the floor two weeks ago that is not conducive to being able to play pool. Last week he called in a sub. I'm hoping he removes himself from the team, I highly doubt the captain will.

But more than that, tonight we play in this tiny dive bar that many people would be scared to enter and they have great food and the best chicken wings I've ever had.

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
I ended my 9 ball losing streak by beating a really good player that I have never beat before, in our first round playoff match. He wasn't playing his best and I handled him well to get us a first match 16-4. I'm hoping this boosts my confidence as it has been pretty suspect lately.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had a really good run in my bar table league that came to a crashing halt on a 9-foot event recently.

It took four matches (loss, ugly win, slightly less ugly win, loss), but as I was about to lose the last one I figured out that I was putting too much sidespin on the cue ball. Thinking back over the last season of league play I have been subconsciously/lazily undercutting and throwing the object ball in the pocket on every shot. That's fine on a 7-footer but doesn't work on big tables with tight pockets.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you guys start developing some misses in your game... get somebody to do some video of you shooting & see if you can spot something...

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I've had a pretty good run in both 8 and 9 the last month and a half, pretty sure I haven't lost in at least that time, and had a couple come-from-behind victories in 9-ball where I should have been dead and buried. So I'm feeling good about my play.

My 9-ball team is pretty much out of it for this session, been a rough one. Maybe we'll snag a Wild card, maybe not. Our 8-ball team is in the thick of things...4th place with a week to go. Hoping for a good week and sneak back into the top. Two weeks ago we were #1...it's that close between all the top teams. Fun session.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you guys start developing some misses in your game... get somebody to do some video of you shooting & see if you can spot something...

Great idea. In my Las match of the tournament last weekend I missed 2 ....what I consider easy shots on the 8 ball. Fortunately I had a chance to shoot at them again and WI. The match 4-0. The thing is my 2 repeat shots on the 8 were kicks and i made both of them. Had every one in both teams talking about me missing 2 fairly straight in and making 2 tough licks on them.lol..the amazing thing to me about those kicks was that they were on red label diamonds with brand new cloth. 99.9% of my matches are on valleys.

I am known for being pretty good at kicking for a 5 though.

Funny story. I was playing an 8 in 9 ball one night and he made the comment during the match that I was not missing a single kick every time he played a safe . I said if you wanna pls a safe on me leave me a long straight in ...i miss those 90% of the time. Just so happened that a couple racks later I had a long straight in and rattled the pocket. I said...see I told you so and we had a good laugh about it.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Looked at the standings, after I made my last post. 6 points separate the top four teams in our 8-ball division, going into the last night, tonight. Gonna make for an interesting finish...

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Won our playoff match last night to qualify for Trii-cups. Team had a clean sweep winning 14-1. I finished a very average session by winning 4-0 with 2 break and runs. First time I've ever had 2 in the same 8 ball match!

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Won our playoff match last night to qualify for Trii-cups. Team had a clean sweep winning 14-1. I finished a very average session by winning 4-0 with 2 break and runs. First time I've ever had 2 in the same 8 ball match!

We won ours also, I finished 3-1 and missed the 4-0 and B&R on last rack by 1/4". Tough cut and cue ball was supposed to come straight across into a ball full to stop it but it drifted down table 1/4" and carom'd into the corner pocket, almost hung but it fell, opponent ran out. I won the next one. Then our captain won 3-0 for a 9-5 win!

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Looked at the standings, after I made my last post. 6 points separate the top four teams in our 8-ball division, going into the last night, tonight. Gonna make for an interesting finish...

We started off with three 3-0 matches in a row...at that rate, i thought we might overtake #1. We stumbled in the fourth match, a 0-2 loss, and then picked up the last one 2-1 to end up with 11 points for the night. Enough to take second place, and a home match in the playoffs (a big deal, as many teams don't like playing in our home room, heh).

Looking forward to playoff and tri-cup time!

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After starting on a 7 week winning streak, I've hit a stride. I've lost for the 5th week in a row. And themost mind boggling thing about last night was how I missed so many easy shots. I mean, the balls were literally hanging in the pockets and I missed.