Affordable pocket blockers

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And why do you think this?

There's a percentage of players that don't play for shape on the side pocket because if you're get on the wrong side you usually have to go all the way around the table to get back in shape, no side pocket - no worry.

When I miss my shape on a side pocket I'm one of those guys who thinks you shouldn't use side pockets, when I get my shape on a side pocket I think those guys are fools :grin:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$8.33 per pocket is an ambitious (bordering on ridiculous) price point. I presume you'll want free shipping too?

Honestly, no easily available product has come to market yet because plugs are no good. You still have dead points on the rails, you can't use the correct balls and the bed cloth or the pool table is silly for 3c.

Stop your crying about any is better than none. You can already play 3c on a pool table, with no additional purchase or modifications.

Did you forget that buying crappy products leads to having crappy experiences?

Play some crappy 3c on your pool table and enjoy it.

I can play crappy 3C on ANY table ;)

I kind of agree with you, but only in regards to the side pockets. There's usually another way around the table if the side is in the way, but when you've got balls in corners there's nothing you can do and it would be nice to at least learn the game with the proper angles. Beside, I'm used to playing on crappy tables, I play on Global's :eek:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a percentage of players that don't play for shape on the side pocket because if you're get on the wrong side you usually have to go all the way around the table to get back in shape, no side pocket - no worry.

I am aware of lots of people thinking goofy shit. But if you learn how to move whitey from all positions, not just ideal ones, your game improves.

Earl a while back preached about side pockets making the game too easy. Greg Sullivan made him a table with no side pockets, and Darren Appleton horsefooked him on it.

Havent heard any more out of Earl about side pockets.

Garbage in, garbage out. :thumbup:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My personal opinion is you might sell 20 sets in 5 years at $50 per set. If you want to do it for the challenge, knock yourself out. If you want to do it as a business, stay in bed:)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best creation to dat is the one from our azbro, Dan b.

Plugs, case...and a bed too.

Syn-surf.

That's a bad dude, there.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
50 bucks for something acceptable is exactly what Jin and I have been searching for

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$8.33 per pocket is an ambitious (bordering on ridiculous) price point. I presume you'll want free shipping too?

Honestly, no easily available product has come to market yet because plugs are no good. You still have dead points on the rails, you can't use the correct balls and the bed cloth or the pool table is silly for 3c.

Stop your crying about any is better than none. You can already play 3c on a pool table, with no additional purchase or modifications.

Did you forget that buying crappy products leads to having crappy experiences?

Play some crappy 3c on your pool table and enjoy it.

You can ONLY play crappy 3c on a pool table, even with blocked pockets, lol. But there does seem to be a market for an affordable solution... A problem to be solved.

You can play 2c on a pool table though, even without blocked pockets, and it isn't that bad.

You want a tough game for an unmodified pool table, try 235, or Taiwanese Carom.

bigchase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like these? They fit all GC models they work flawlessly! Easy to mount and the corners are adjustable.
89e6c52396f94c591773a105c9090019.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My personal opinion is you might sell 20 sets in 5 years at $50 per set. If you want to do it for the challenge, knock yourself out. If you want to do it as a business, stay in bed:)

Good point. I see lots of people make stuff thinking they're going to get rich but in reality there's not a large market for their item. I once saw a card (baseball/football cards) store in the middle of freakin' nowhere Oklahoma, this was before the internet, and thought - who the fook is going to stop at this store?

I am aware of lots of people thinking goofy shit. But if you learn how to move whitey from all positions, not just ideal ones, your game improves.

Earl a while back preached about side pockets making the game too easy. Greg Sullivan made him a table with no side pockets, and Darren Appleton horsefooked him on it.

Havent heard any more out of Earl about side pockets.

Garbage in, garbage out. :thumbup:

LOL, never heard of the Earl thing, that's funny shit.

And I don't really care what others think, if they don't like the side pocket then maybe I'll just start pushing balls towards the side pocket when I'm playing them. LOL.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like these? They fit all GC models they work flawlessly! Easy to mount and the corners are adjustable.
89e6c52396f94c591773a105c9090019.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nice. Never seen those before. Are they available for others?

OTLB was a member here, in days gonded.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can ONLY play crappy 3c on a pool table, even with blocked pockets, lol. But there does seem to be a market for an affordable solution... A problem to be solved.

You can play 2c on a pool table though, even without blocked pockets, and it isn't that bad.

You want a tough game for an unmodified pool table, try 235, or Taiwanese Carom.

so are you saying your $50 pocket blockers will be crappy???

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
Yellow Sponge Table Pockets

Do you feel there is a market for pocket blockers in the pool/billiards industry?

I understand that this is a niche of a niche market, many pool players aren't interested in carom (though nine-ball players SHOULD be interested in practicing with blocked side pockets), and pocket blocked pool table is NOT the same as a real carom table with Simonis 300.

However, the only solutions I can find are either replacing the rails or buying a pocket blocking system for many hundreds of dollars. My target MSRP would be closer to $50, and the performance would be "acceptable".

What do you think? Is it worth pursuing?

I honestly think the lighter balls, no heat, non 300, just makes it a game killer and buying a few yellow car sponges, cutting them in half and shoving them in the pockets would be good enough to figure out it plays so bad that your not going to tell anyone you did it.

Good news is you can still use the sponges!