most pros at the us open using revos?

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a lot of black shafts at the us open this week. wonder if the majority of the players are using predator revos????

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mostly the answer is pretty simple... Look who is the sponsor of a particular player.

The Taiwanese and Chinese pros prefer “normal” cues for the most part. Some of them use Predator cues to break with, but they aren’t using them to shoot with.

They love Southwest cues with thick wood shafts...over 13mm.

I’m in Taiwan at the moment and I haven’t seen anyone playing with new “high-tech” or “fancy” stuff.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Taiwanese and Chinese pros prefer “normal” cues for the most part. Some of them use Predator cues to break with, but they aren’t using them to shoot with.

They love Southwest cues with thick wood shafts...over 13mm.

I’m in Taiwan at the moment and I haven’t seen anyone playing with new “high-tech” or “fancy” stuff.
Yea, I know this and the amount of asian players in last 16 is just one more prove that they seem to focus on much more important aspects of this sport. All of us can see the results of this phylosophy.
Unfortunately many beginners and amateurs don't want to ride this road having other priorities and tendency to believe in short cuts and here all those marketers appear with their recipes of your success).

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a lot of black shafts at the us open this week. wonder if the majority of the players are using predator revos????
Revos, Mezz, GoCustoms are all being used at the Open. Lots of CF shafts there this week. They play good but i for one hate the sound they make, "TINK". Drives me nuts. I guess you get used to it.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Revos, Mezz, GoCustoms are all being used at the Open. Lots of CF shafts there this week. They play good but i for one hate the sound they make, "TINK". Drives me nuts. I guess you get used to it.

I have a Becue and have NEVER heard it make a “tink” sound.

It plays and sounds like a wood shaft, but I think it has a more “pure” hit than a wood shaft.

You can hit at the very edge of the cue ball as hard as you can swing the cue and it never gets a vibration or weird sound. I use it for breaking and playing.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Becue and have NEVER heard it make a “tink” sound.

It plays and sounds like a wood shaft, but I think it has a more “pure” hit than a wood shaft.

You can hit at the very edge of the cue ball as hard as you can swing the cue and it never gets a vibration or weird sound. I use it for breaking and playing.

A different tip changes that for ALL cues.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There are a ton of CF cues played.

With all the quality production companies going CF it wont be long before there are way more CF cues than not in average room.

When revo was by itself it was one thing. Let companies like pechauer get their feet wet and the standard will be raised.

They probably wont offer as many options as becue, muecci and most others but, their quality will at what they do out out will force others to follow suit or be undersold UNLESS they pull a muecci and cut the price just to do what muecci is famous for and that's sell anything and everything regardless of quality.

mister__p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For me, who wasn't using the revo jumped out at me more than who was

Anyone know why Joshua Filler was not using the Revo?. I had seen him use the Revo in a few previous tournaments but it seems he has reverted back to his Z3. Wonder why

On the Predator website, his profile photo shows him using a Revo but he's listed as using a Z3.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member

Anyone know why Joshua Filler was not using the Revo?. I had seen him use the Revo in a few previous tournaments but it seems he has reverted back to his Z3. Wonder why

On the Predator website, his profile photo shows him using a Revo but he's listed as using a Z3.

Said he wanted too back to the 11.8mm. said once they come out with a similar size Revo he will go back.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My neighbor drives a Honda, why should that influence what "i" drive?

I dont give a ratz a55 who plays with it.

I know your post was to someone else but, your reasoning is off.

Are you gonna use or not use something "just because" someone else is or isn't? I certainly hope you dont "fall" for that chit.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Said he wanted too back to the 11.8mm. said once they come out with a similar size Revo he will go back.

That's "exactly" what he says everytime he is ask.

Then again, we should play with what "we" like, not what someone else likes or dislikes as you have said before.

I may have to go a buy a Honda since my neighbor drives one.

Lol....

mister__p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My neighbor drives a Honda, why should that influence what "i" drive?

I dont give a ratz a55 who plays with it.

I know your post was to someone else but, your reasoning is off.

Are you gonna use or not use something "just because" someone else is or isn't? I certainly hope you dont "fall" for that chit.

Think you misunderstood me.

Joshua Filler being one of the youngest and most promising champions has a huge marketing power so it seems odd to me that Predator could not give him enough incentive to use their Revo in the highly televised US Open. That's all. If Joshua prefers 11.8, fair enough but there was a big marketing opportunity there.

SVB has his name pasted all over CueTec products now including the Cynergy. To me, that's not a bad place to be in one of the lowest prize paying pro sports

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Think you misunderstood me.

Joshua Filler being one of the youngest and most promising champions has a huge marketing power so it seems odd to me that Predator could not give him enough incentive to use their Revo in the highly televised US Open. That's all. If Joshua prefers 11.8, fair enough but there was a big marketing opportunity there.

SVB has his name pasted all over CueTec products now including the Cynergy. To me, that's not a bad place to be in one of the lowest prize paying pro sports

Oh, ok. I understand where your coming from.

Believe it or not, some of the younger players care more about their "reputation" as a great player than how much money they make.

Not until they get a little older do some of them start worrying/planning for the future and letting $$$ (sponsors) choose (tell them what to use) for them.

Then again, at certain points, like SVB....well, he could've played and beat the world with "any" cue 5hat cuetec put in his hand.

Filler will probably get there too.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren showed up in Houston in '85 with a $17 pos cue and wailed on everyone. Cue don't mean s^* in the big picture. Top players will be top players regardless of what they play with. SVB would be a champion with a crap valley bar cue.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not the arrow.
It's the Indian.

Money can't buy talent, experience and skill.