Shaft collar

MikeF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking for a piece of particular shaft collar for my local guy to build an LD shaft. He's been building them for about a year, I've used one on my Scruggs player for about 6 months now & am used to it. I'd like to keep the collar matching for a new R. Harris cue. I'll attach a pic. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0986.JPG
    IMG_0986.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 370

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
If he can 'build' an LD shaft, he should have no trouble making the associated ring work to match your butt....if he says he can't, then maybe find another LD shaft builder as he probably has no clue what he is doing and maybe he has someone else making the shafts.
Just my thoughts, good luck.
Dave

MikeF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he can 'build' an LD shaft, he should have no trouble making the associated ring work to match your butt....if he says he can't, then maybe find another LD shaft builder as he probably has no clue what he is doing and maybe he has someone else making the shafts.
Just my thoughts, good luck.
Dave

He can but usually just puts black collars on to save time & keep costs down. He does make the LD shafts. I thought m...aybe someone had a leftover piece

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
He can but usually just puts black collars on to save time & keep costs down. He does make the LD shafts. I thought m...aybe someone had a leftover piece

This is a very simple ring work, if he doesn't want to do it, there should be some concern about him making a LD shaft, as this is ring work 101. As a shaft maker, or cue maker, no customer should EVER have be the one shopping around for the parts, materials or products to build the item that you have hired them to do. Just my thoughts as a cuebuilder / repair guy.
Dave

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's the exact reason to follow Mr. Hightowers suggestion and have your builder call Prathers. This is what they do and they're very good at it. Order a 3 or 4 inch piece. Keep the rest for inventory or sell it.
Done!