2007 Derby City-Who's going? Positive Suggestions for change?

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Who has already decided they are going to DCC 07? What would you like to see changed? Hopefully people in charge of the tourny and at the Executive West will at least notice what is being done right and what needs improvement. I don't know if I will go for the entire DCC 07 like I did last year, but I am definitely going. The restaurant after many years of good service really let me down in 06. I hope they get their act together for 07. I went out to eat a LOT after never leaving the hotel for the first few years I went down there. That was my biggest complaint by far. I also liked the 3 cushion tables they set up for that qualifier they had. I wish they would have left them up for public play after the qualifier was over. Those are my first thoughts.

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
I'll definitely be there again this year. I don't know if I'll be able to spend the entire week there, but I'm hoping for the opening weekend and a few weekdays. I'd like to be able to make it to the OnePocket/Banks HOF Dinner this year. Hopefully, the food situation will improve, otherwise it's grocery shopping I go.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
during the medieval festival in lousiville is a great time to visit.

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
Is there a site for the Derby. I want to know entry fees and such like that to know If I would be able to afford and play there.......

Jamie

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Honestly?

I think it is just www.derbycityclassic.com but not sure.

It is a horrible website in that it is rarely up to date and usually has info on it that is incorrect or out of date. This year (2006) Still had schedules from 2005 on it two weeks before it started. I hope they get someone on the site that can do a better job. Diamond is a huge company and should be able to spare a computer tech for a few hours work. I think all the people here on AZBilliards will be giving your more accurate and up to date information. Follow Timberlys posts as the dates come closer. I would trust her more than the DCC website. My $.02 worth. :)

P.S. I just checked out www.derbycityclassic.com. As I suspected. They still do not have all the info up to date on the 2005 DCC yet. They still have "will be updated soon" on several pages. Do I have to go into 2006? Or 2007? They are listed with poolsites.net so maybe they are not getting paid is why it isnt up to date. Who knows. I would stay tuned here or CALL Diamonds 1800 number for info.

Last edited:

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
Rob, I was there both weekends last year and I'd say there was more to see on the first weekend because of the ring games on Friday/Saturday nights. Then again, if watching 9-Ball is your thing, you'd probably be better off attending the second weekend. I only wish I had enough vacation time to stay the entire time!

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
I have traditionally went for the last 3 or 4 days but next year I am going to go up for the first 3 or 4 days. There always seems to a lot of action the first few days and a lot of good matchups. I am looking forward to watching some of the 1P tourney as it will be the first time I will be there for it.

dacue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spent 9 days 2004 and 2005. I will not be staying at this Hotel again for 9 days. I hear some jails, have better food, and service. The Exective West Hotel needs to up their game. The resturant food was terrible, and there was very little southern hospitality given to the customers. You would think with the weather so G.D. cold during Janaury in Louisville Kentucky. This hotel would treat anybody who goes to Louisville, Ky like kings. Love the tournement, the action, and vendors. Not the hosts!
dacue

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
I'm hoping to attend in 2007. I'd definitely say that in terms of watching people play, the beginning of the tournament seems to be the way to go. Stay the whole week if you can though!

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
My wife to be and I are going to be there in 2007. We are both looking forward to it. It is one of the few vacations we will be planning ahead of time.We will probably go for most of it and the 1P HOF dinner for sure. I am excited already!

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Samiel said:
I'm hoping to attend in 2007. I'd definitely say that in terms of watching people play, the beginning of the tournament seems to be the way to go. Stay the whole week if you can though!

I'm coming after you, Samiel.

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
My Opinion

RobTN said:
I'm going for one of the weekends. Which one is the better choice?
First weekend. You dont get to see the 9 Ball Finals..but you get to see great action at night (before half of the backers are busted) You get to see more cuemakers products (before they get sold) You also get the great Ring Games on the TV table. Then usually the winners of the ring games are gambling all night long afterwards. Fun times.

Voodoo Daddy

One Pocket 101
cueandcushion said:
Who has already decided they are going to DCC 07? What would you like to see changed? Hopefully people in charge of the tourny and at the Executive West will at least notice what is being done right and what needs improvement. I don't know if I will go for the entire DCC 07 like I did last year, but I am definitely going. The restaurant after many years of good service really let me down in 06. I hope they get their act together for 07. I went out to eat a LOT after never leaving the hotel for the first few years I went down there. That was my biggest complaint by far. I also liked the 3 cushion tables they set up for that qualifier they had. I wish they would have left them up for public play after the qualifier was over. Those are my first thoughts.

I'm going, booked the room and made arrangements for the time of work. I will play the Banks/One Pocket and any of the midnight madness tournaments of those two pricipals. Will not miss the One Pocket HOF dinner but wont stay in the hotel for meals if I can help it. I will not eat at the venue remembering how bad it was the last time I was there. Gotta love Greg Sullivan and his staff for the effort they put forth to make this the Greatest Show on Cloth...but not the sub-standard culinary offerings!!

Last edited:

JG-in-KY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fine Dining will not be a problem

Don't worry Voodoo I will have the log truck and we can hit the Taco Hell and White Castle any time you want!

T

Timberly

JG-in-KY said:
Don't worry Voodoo I will have the log truck and we can hit the Taco Hell and White Castle any time you want!
Please come find me before ya'll head to either one of 'em... I'll defintiely want in on that action! :p