What is going to COST ME to attend the DCC

PoolSleuth

Banned
Bin think of going to the DCC in January, and the Dog will get me there and Back for about 250 CLAMS

What can I expect to pay for a Room, Food, Entry Fees, Bus Fair fronm the Dog to the DCC area, etc?

Thanks. ;)

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
The rooms are about 70.00 a night. The tournament is held where the rooms are. No fare needed. Make your reservations early. Like now.
Esitmate 10.00 to 15.00 per meal.
Last years entry fees:
9ball banks 75.00
One pocket 100.00
9 ball 125.00

Mike Templeton

Confidence........
Silver Member
PoolSleuth said:
Bin think of going to the DCC in January, and the Dog will get me there and Back for about 250 CLAMS

What can I expect to pay for a Room, Food, Entry Fees, Bus Fair fronm the Dog to the DCC area, etc?

Thanks. ;)
Sleuth,

I know you think that the bus ride home will probably suck. It won't because you'll get about 2 hours sleep for the week because of all the action, matches, and activities. You will sleep the entire trip home. I promise it will be worth every nickel.

Mike

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
Ohhh I just now figured out what the "dog" meant. You're taking Greyhound. I guess you WILL need fare from greyhound to the DCC. I don't have a clue what that will cost. My wife and two kids flew round trip to Disney World last week for 400.00 total. You might want to double check the airfare.

Mike Templeton

Confidence........
Silver Member
PoolSleuth said:
Bingo you get a Gold Star...:)
According to what days you are there, I'm sure you can get someone from the board to pick you up at the bus terminal. I'll be there for the one-pocket and nine-ball. I'll be happy to do it if you come in during those times. If not, I'm sure you can find someone.

Mike

JG-in-KY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PoolSleuth said:
Bingo you get a Gold Star...:)
Yeah, I once went to vegas with a couple of thousand and left in a $200,000 vehicle..........a greyhound! I'll be appearing...... anyway I will be at the Derby for the whole shebang and I would be glad to pick you up.

PoolSleuth

Banned
Last time I rode the Dog it was from Omaha to Sacramento. It was Winter, and I still hae dream about the Kid who Pet Rat got loose on the Bus at 0300....

Think I will also check out the Train & Airplanes... BUT I DO NOT LIKE to fly....

RobTN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you who are driving and seeking less expensive rooms, there is a place called InTownSuites that rents for about $160 for the week. It's not four-star accomodations, but it's cheep.

T

Timberly

RobTN said:
It's not four-star accommodations, but it's cheep.
The Executive isn't close to being 4 stars and if you take into the consideration the food and how rude some of the employees were last yr... it doesn't even get a half of a single star. But.... it's convenient. With the format of the tournament, the action room, and the bar staying open until 4am.... If you partake in any one of those three things, you'll want to stay at the Executive. ;)

Thanks for letting people know of an alternative. Sometimes it's the cost of a room that makes things too expensive for people to go to events. Aside from the convenience, I like to try to support the venue that hosts the events but sometimes it's just not possible. In the grand scheme of things (IMO) it's always best to support the event to ensure it continues. By going to an event, regardless of where you stay, you're still supporting the event. :)

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
Sometimes the earlier you can get a plane ticket the cheaper it will be. Nashville to Orlando was 400.00 round trip for 4 people. You just can't beat that.

scruggsinhand

bla-bla-bla- shutup+shoot
Silver Member
Mike Templeton said:
Sleuth,

I know you think that the bus ride home will probably suck. It won't because you'll get about 2 hours sleep for the week because of all the action, matches, and activities. You will sleep the entire trip home. I promise it will be worth every nickel.

Mike

preach on brother....:D

and bring a journal....you have to write the events of the day as you go along/each nite because by the end of the DCC...you take in so much and with the sleep deprivation(it will happen), its impossible to remember it all!!! trust me on this...

this is the single best tournament to goto.....the us open has nothing on the DCC....

i hope they keep the entry fees the way they are too!!

Voodoo Daddy

One Pocket 101
Timberly said:
The Executive isn't close to being 4 stars and if you take into the consideration the food and how rude some of the employees were last yr... it doesn't even get a half of a single star. But.... it's convenient. With the format of the tournament, the action room, and the bar staying open until 4am.... If you partake in any one of those three things, you'll want to stay at the Executive. ;)

Thanks for letting people know of an alternative. Sometimes it's the cost of a room that makes things too expensive for people to go to events. Aside from the convenience, I like to try to support the venue that hosts the events but sometimes it's just not possible. In the grand scheme of things (IMO) it's always best to support the event to ensure it continues. By going to an event, regardless of where you stay, you're still supporting the event. :)

Timberly hunny...you point out the rude ones and I will have them extinguished, HAHAHAHA. The experience includes that grand old hotel, bad food and rude employees...its really all about the pool aint it? 7 months from now we will be telling all our stories and the cost of the hotel will NEVER be a factor !!

T

Timberly

Voodoo Daddy said:
its really all about the pool aint it? 7 months from now we will be telling all our stories and the cost of the hotel will NEVER be a factor !!
LOL, you got that right!

scruggsinhand said:
preach on brother....:D

and bring a journal....you have to write the events of the day as you go along/each nite because by the end of the DCC...you take in so much and with the sleep deprivation(it will happen), its impossible to remember it all!!! trust me on this...

this is the single best tournament to goto.....the us open has nothing on the DCC....

i hope they keep the entry fees the way they are too!!
Scruggs... speaks the truth. After last yr, I know that there's no way in the world I would drive to this event.... I could get there just fine but getting home would be an issue. It was all I could do to muster up the energy to go across the street to the airport!

I got there Fri night and by Tue my body hated me...I abused the heck out of myself with the sleep deprivation and alcohol intake. You only live once and it's only one week out of the yr.... If you can go, go and live it up & enjoy it.

T

Timberly

PoolSleuth said:
The above stories tell me to save my money and stay home.
That's up to you.

The DCC is what you make of it. Some people go to bed at a decent hour every night and get a good nights sleep. That's their choice....if you choose to do that, you can.

Some people like those of us that have posted so far are die hard pool fans that love the after hours action.... in order to see the tournament and enjoy all the after hours action, we rob ourselves of sleep.

Like anything else in life, it's a choice that you have to make. Obviously most of the people that have posted so far are people like myself that CHOSE to not get much sleep and DON'T MIND IT.

Personally I think it's ridiculous to decide not to go to a tournament because some people choose not to get much sleep at that particular event. LOL :rolleyes:

There are people that get more rest than myself and some that get even less.... what THEY do, does not decide what I do. If you want to go through life letting the choices that others made for themselves dictate what you do & don't do.... sorry about your luck is all I can say.

FYI... I've been around pool on & off for 15 yrs. The DCC is hands down the best event out there. If you don't go.... that's YOUR loss.

toodles!