Hotels?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PoolSleuth said:
Don't BOOK with Hotels Dot COM, use the Hotel Own Web-sites for BEST DEALS

If you absolutely know you are going to go, Hotwire will save you the most ON GOOD HOTELS.

I use to worry that HW would give me a crummy run down mom and pop burn holes-in-the-bedspread hotel but they dont- Only national chain or really nice independents-98% national chains.

If you want to stay at a Red Roof for $40 then HW is no good for you but if you want a $120 hotel for $55, then HW is the place. Anything 2.5 stars and above will be a damn nice place above typical Hampton Inn standards.

But the downside is if you dont go, you dont get your money back so make sure the savings is big or maybe look into the 'trip insurance'. Ive saved a buncha $ with them and stayed in much nicer hotels then i ever would have otherwise and never had the no refund affect me except for a one night stay.

T

Timberly

cdavis9771 said:
Just wondering where most of you guys like to stay?
It depends on what you plan to do while there. If you're going to play, stay at the host hotel. If you're into watching all the late night action, stay at the host hotel. If you're going to simply hang out, spectate, and go to bed at a decent hour every night and more less be a "good boy", then you could save yourself a few bucks a night and find something a lil cheaper in the vicinity.

However, I think the room rates are reasonable at the Executive. If you decide to go & you want to stay at the Executive (host hotel) call them and tell them you're with the tournament. If you don't, they'll probably tell you that they're booked or at the very least charge you a higher rate.

T

Timberly

RiverCity said:
Does anyone know if the executive west is booked up yet or still has rooms?
Chuck
I haven't checked this yr but I made my reservation about this time last yr and had no problem. I wouldn't wait too much more than a month or so at the most just to be sure. ;)

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
I still think the Executive is cheap to stay at. Saving 20 or 30 bucks per room isnt worth it if you have to run back and forth several times a day. Its not a palace by any means but at least I have always had a clean room at a fair price. The restaurant has some issues lately though...right Timberly?

T

Timberly

cueandcushion said:
The restaurant has some issues lately though...right Timberly?
UGH, don't get me started! :p

I have high hopes that they have improved things from last yr. If not, I might have to turn my beer cooler into a food cooler! :eek: :eek:

sidepocket1970

Registered
hotels

ex west is full - or at least last week...i made res. at exec. inn---bout 1 block down the street from the west...used to stay there when i went to a bowling tourney each year..pretty nice place and within walkin distance of the west..rooms were 89 for single or double...

Greg/Diamond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Executive West is not full for POOL PLAYERS yet! Also if you want to stay at the Executive Inn which is a sister hotel tell them you are with the DCC and you can get a cheaper rate. I'm pretty sure it's $72...Greg/Diamond

Kevin

Dr. Kevorkian of Threads
Silver Member
Greg/Diamond said:
Executive West is not full for POOL PLAYERS yet! Also if you want to stay at the Executive Inn which is a sister hotel tell them you are with the DCC and you can get a cheaper rate. I'm pretty sure it's $72...Greg/Diamond

Any chance you can provide exact details on when the tournament is? The derbycityclassic.com website has last years info. I need to know to book now.

Thanks, Kevin from Japan.

T

Timberly

Kevin said:
Any chance you can provide exact details on when the tournament is? The derbycityclassic.com website has last years info. I need to know to book now.

Thanks, Kevin from Japan.
You can make plans for the next 2 yrs... the following is posted in the middle of the page... about halfway down... ;)

Attachments

• dcc.jpg
    dcc.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 530

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a FYI, I called and made reservations today and they said they are starting to get alot of calls and are filling up quickly. So anyone thinking about it, make up your mind and call them soon. ;)
Chuck

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
cdavis9771 said:
Just wondering where most of you guys like to stay?

I would have to say the main hotel so you can just walk down for your matches or some sweat bets. Last time I was there I got stuck at the executive west I believe? It's their hotel right next door. I get them both confused. It was freezing and a few times I had to walk because the shuttle was no where to be found. That was not fun. I tryed to get as much sleep as I could but in the end I was up until about 8am everyday. At times I did get to sleep a few hours before matches but not often. There's just too much going on to wanna go to sleep. The big plus of it all was they had a 24hr McDonalds about 5 minutes down the road and one gas station on the way back that had a Duncan donuts. :D :D :D Better get you some snacks to store in the room unless you like to starve after 10pm or go out in the freezing cold. :eek:

Last edited:

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't think there was ever a time that the Executive West told me they were booked. It may be different, but I can recall two times at least that I needed a room. Both times there was never a problem with being full. I was actually surprised, but I did get my room.

mthornto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just got a room today (10-13), no problems. In fact, I was asked if I wanted smoking/non-smoking, one bed or two, etc. Sounds like there are many rooms left.

That said, I would not wait. 2 years ago I waited and got stuck across the street. That sucked. The walk back and forth was a pain, but honestly, the biggest problem was getting the stomach flu my first night there and spending the next day and a half in the smallest room in my hotel suite. :eek:

phillysleeper

I hear the Derby City Classic is the most jumpin event of all the pro billiard events. Non stop action all night long and players from all over come to this event. I went to the US Open this year and thought it was a little quite, i hear the DCC is Unreal - any experiences to share I have never been to DCC but will attend this year?

T

Timberly

phillysleeper said:
I hear the Derby City Classic is the most jumpin event of all the pro billiard events. Non stop action all night long and players from all over come to this event. I went to the US Open this year and thought it was a little quite, i hear the DCC is Unreal - any experiences to share I have never been to DCC but will attend this year?
Change your name to "philly non-sleeper" and you'll be on the right track. ;)

There was some pretty good action at the Open this yr but the beauty of the DCC is that it's a one stop shop. At the Open you had to drive to the pool room after tournament play, eat, drink, be merry, and then drive back to your hotel tired as all get out. At Derby, there's more action, the bar serves til 4am, and you never have to leave. It's next to impossible to put it into words. One must experience it first hand to truly know it.

I had heard enough good things that I couldn't wait to go last yr... After going... I can't say enough good things or wait to get there this yr. I'm a night owl but by Wed of last yr my body hated me. It'll hate me again this yr but it's only one week outta the yr.... why the hell not??? You only live once. ;)

The drawbacks??? If you're playing in the event it's a brutal schedule but the die hards love it! Food wise... Q-Masters gives the Executive Hotel in Louisville the orange crush... all balls wild off the break. :( Barry's got some jam up food at Q-Masters and Louisville is seriously slacking in the food dept.

Who the hell needs food when you've got 9 days of non-stop pool and a bar that serves til 4AM?!?!?!? :D

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
The cab fare to get to the Exec won't be worth the money you save staying elsewhere. My room has two beds if anyone is looking to share, thus saving us both some money.

ioCross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not talking about the DCC, but for tournerments/action in general, ive found it's best to find a nice holiday inn or a best western an exit or two away and just sleep there. for the bigger events the hotels and motels around the area all know about it and always seem to magically jack up thier rates.