626 record conditions

Petros Andrikop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry if this is old news, fellow players ask me about it and don't have the time looking for it right now.
What where the exact playing conditions under which the record was achieved?

What kind of table?
What kind of cloth?
What size of pockets?
What kind of balls?

Thanks in advance for your time.

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
Sorry if this is old news, fellow players ask me about it and don't have the time looking for it right now.

What kind of table?
What kind of cloth?
What size of pockets?
What kind of balls?

I believe they have said 5" pockets; and I assume that means 5" corners.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What kind of table?
What kind of cloth?
What size of pockets?
What kind of balls?

In general:

HARD AS HELL. Most couldn't drop 626 balls into a five gallon bucket without missing.

Dont really matter to most but here is what i remember:

Corners were 5"
Sides were ~5.25 to 5.5"

Cloth....i think it was 860 simonis ...tournament blue?

Rack.....Sardo

CB.....Measles

Object balls.... Arimath brand but not sure which.

Table.....9'....not sure what brand.

Setting...... public room with a few spectators

Having said ^^^^^^:

Do none 9f your "fellow players" not have internet or not EVER read AZB at all?

Reason i ask is because if even one of the "fellows" did, it would've been impossible to miss any one of the multiple threads about it since the day John ran the gazillion balls.

Not saying your not honest but its hard to imagine someone in any part of the pool world NOT knowing already.

Jeff

EDIT:

Forgot to mention his cue:

REVO 12.4mm

Taom (spelling) chalk.

Last edited:

mark187

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What kind of table?
What kind of cloth?
What size of pockets?
What kind of balls?

Seriously, its already posted on the threads. I'm sure you can spare 2 minutes out of your crazy schedule, rather than expecting other people to waste their time for you.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously, its already posted on the threads. I'm sure you can spare 2 minutes out of your crazy schedule, rather than expecting other people to waste their time for you.

I must be overly tired tonight or i would have said the same.

I actually did mention something about how anyone could not know at least the fact it was 626, 9' table, measles CB, Sardo rack, predator cue, Revo 12.4 shaft and all in a:

Public room.

Well, i guess i just repeated all of it again. Damn, i knkw im tired now. Its a wonder i got any of it right.

Have a good one.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

What kind of table?
What kind of cloth?
What size of pockets?
What kind of balls?

Forgive the other remarks. It’s been a weird couple of weeks on this subject, and everyone seems to be on hair trigger.

9’ Rebco Table
5” Pocket (John seemed to suggest all Pockets were 5”)
Easy Street Billiards, Monterey, CA
Sardo Rack
Taom Pyro Chalk

Revo 12.4

He switched to playing at the head of the table because it was still playing newer.

Freddie <~~~ also on hair trigger...

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did he go back to Aramith balls at the last room the 626 occurred? I know one phase he was using Predator brand balls. (Ps I did read most of the posts and listened to his post run fb interview;) :)

Pps where is the video???

Petros Andrikop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the input, so far we have answers regarding table and pocket size, cloth and balls type remain to be determined.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forgive the other remarks. It’s been a weird couple of weeks on this subject, and everyone seems to be on hair trigger.

9’ Rebco Table
5” Pocket (John seemed to suggest all Pockets were 5”)
Easy Street Billiards, Monterey, CA
Sardo Rack
Taom Pyro Chalk

Revo 12.4

He switched to playing at the head of the table because it was still playing newer.

Freddie <~~~ also on hair trigger...
Seeing that John used Taom Pyro chalk for his 626 is quite a testament to this chalk. I just recently ordered and tried some, and I can easily see why John didn't have to mark, lift and clean his cue ball many times, if at all during his record run. Even on cue balls that are more susceptible to hold and show chalk marks off the cue tip like the measle ball John was using, not so with Taom Pyro chalk! The table also stays clean and free of chalk marks when using this chalk. That John used this chalk for his record high run is quite a strong endorsement, and I hope John gets properly compensated for this by Taom!

Petros Andrikop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi again, wasn’t so easy to come up with verified answers, by what mentioned in a recent podcast which I found time to listen to last night it seems that we have:

- “9’ Rebco table” (can’t seem to find the brand)
- 5” pockets
- Simonis 760 cloth (a bit faster than 860 in general with 70% wool - 30% nylon)
- Predator Arcos II balls (from what I believe is meant by reference elsewhere, if I’m right looks like balls that are produced by a South Korean company named Cosmos). Predator has announced use of these balls together with “XK2 cloth” at the upcoming 2019 World 10-Ball Championship.

That’s it..

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was he wearing shoes? What brand?
What type of lighting?
What was his last prior meal?
What music was playing?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I heard it was the new Tool album.
:mad:

The song playing while he was shooting for 527 was actually by rapper Andre Nickatina, famous for winning the “dumbest lyrics ever” award 3 years in a row.

Was he playing on 760? I don’t remember hearing that in his video but I only watched one, don’t know if there are more.

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't want to revive any of the other threads and don't feel this warrants a new topic but I am curious if there has been any update to when to expect the video?

I don't follow JS's social media so please don't bash me for being ignorant.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I don't want to revive any of the other threads and don't feel this warrants a new topic but I am curious if there has been any update to when to expect the video?

I don't follow JS's social media so please don't bash me for being ignorant.

I too am wondering about this damnable video. I’m starting to feel like I may not watch it at all if it’s not out pretty soon. I hope they’re not trying too hard with their scripted commentary and stuff. I like when John just goes on with his thoughts, not really getting too detailed most of the time.

I’ll give it another 2 or 3 weeks, due to my extreme desire to see it but that will abruptly end after 3 weeks time.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I guess buyers of Magic Chalk & Kamui Chalk may want to consider switching.
Rumors are he only chalked his cue's tip during a practice session the night before &
never chalked the cue again until after he broke the record. Word is he was still playing
with that same cue last night & hadn't chalked the tip again since before setting the record.
I think he's pocketed 2.873 balls without having to reapply chalk....then again, maybe not.

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
5" corner pockets, and 5 1/2" side pockets; is comparable to lots of old 9' Brunswick tables. Just in case someone wants to try their luck..... I doubt 626 will fall for someone who doesn't chase it with rabid fanaticism. Good luck.