Rank your top 3 favourite cue tips

trfitters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played with them all and prefer Thoroughbred. Medium or Medium/Hard. Hold shape, no glazing and hold chalk well. $10

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1) Hand Picked Triangle - my standard 'go to tip'
2) Dawg's Duds - 100% quality and consistency
3) NEWER hand picked LePro's - gotten much better last year or so

-Kat > non Kamui chalk user

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played with them all and prefer Thoroughbred. Medium or Medium/Hard. Hold shape, no glazing and hold chalk well. $10

I've been told that Thoroughbred and Precision are the exact same tip, both imported from the same maker in China, and that the two companies sort and package them differently. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

KMRUNOUT

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Triangle
Triangle
Triangle
they play as good as any tip in my opinion
i get them installed for $13
1 day service
what's not to like?

Ah but how well can they play for about a buck apiece? I'm with you. KISS. I need an $800 shaft to play my best. Haha.

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1) Hand Picked Triangle - my standard 'go to tip'
2) Dawg's Duds - 100% quality and consistency
3) NEWER hand picked LePro's - gotten much better last year or so

-Kat > non Kamui chalk user
Hand picked triangle....what do u look for?

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Hand picked triangle....what do u look for?

An opinion, but in my experience, depends on how hard a Triangle you want.

Look at the top, as it's been sanded/finished a bit at the factory. It has a gray/brown look to it, and a texture.

If you like a tip a bit softer, look for a shaggy top. If you like it nice and hard, look for a very smooth top. And, somewhere medium in the middle, pick that look with the top. I'm not sure how else anyone would do it, as the rest of the tip has a coating. Hope this helps.

All the best,
WW

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zero truth. The person who told you that doesn't know anything about either tip. The only thing similar is being 8 layers of light brown pigskin. If you look close enough at the leather you can tell they are totally different. I'm switching all of my tips to a darker brown pigskin since a lot of my customers like a dark brown burnished tip.

I've been told that Thoroughbred and Precision are the exact same tip, both imported from the same maker in China, and that the two companies sort and package them differently. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

KMRUNOUT

Last edited:

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member