1 cushion challenge

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
your so good i might have to issue a balkline challenge now
this one you cant rail nurse 80 percent of the points!

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bring it on! Please do. You know I’m down for any challenge.

I knew once I got to 20 nursing the balls that I could probably get to 30 with that technique. I know it’s anticlimactic but don’t discount the the time and effort it took to learn. Honestly it took me days to figure it out. I learned quickly that it’s a lot harder than it looks. Concentration was key and focusing on a short stroke to helped keep the balls together was crucial. I’d like to be able to run 30 from the break one day, I don’t think I’ve even broken 10 yet but I’m still trying. Thanks for introducing me to this great game, I’m always looking for more games to play on the carom table.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Anticlimactic yes
But i also know how hard it is
Very kool you enjoy it and learned from this

Concentration is my greatest downfall once i start making a few i take off and whoops

Ok balkline challenge it is man
But your gonna have to draw lines on your cloth with chalk

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the rules? And reward? Lol. Maybe do straight rail first so I can learn as I go. Balk line seems a lot harder. I don’t want to draw lines on the table quite yet but I can measure the distance from the rail to the ball to see if it’s in or out. I have no idea how to play so if u have instructions and a video that would be helpful. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
striaght rail also has corner lines drawn
1st diamond from the corner of the short rail to the 2nd diamond from the corner on the long

reward? lol a nice tcc shirt, and the knowledge of playing new games well

trust me
trying to measure with a tape on shot after shot to a line thats smaller than 1/8 of an inch,
will be tiresome

caudron has a video on balkline just like 1 cushion and straight rail

here is the 47.2 video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnnod4tuQP8

and it only gets MUCH harder with balkline 71.2 and 47.1

if you were to do balkline, id say dont bother wtih the small anchor boxes, your not good enough to take advantage of them not being there, straight line drawn 47cm from each rail will do

but i understand not wanting to mark your table, i doubt any 3c establishment would allow it in the us even for a demo

my table and a handful of viets would be the only ones in the us doing so
mines done in sharpie
i gotta find the time to give it a few hrs a day here and there to get back to where i can probably show something well

Last edited:

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many points do I need to go to in straight rail?

Is it from the break?

Any game from the break is harder.
I’ll check those videos out.
I think I can eyeball the corner lines in straight rail. Thanks for the shirt offer, I really like the logo.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Challenge

Wow Total score in the Mail today. Thanks for the glove and stickers! Totally unexpected! Thanks Rich!!

Attachments

• 3EE53AB2-9BEC-4B0B-A272-0CA28944B91C.jpg
    3EE53AB2-9BEC-4B0B-A272-0CA28944B91C.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 71