AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Room Owner Discussion
Reload this Page New pool room - help with ideas

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Bbutler
topshots.ca
Bbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-12-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
Receptacles with USB charge ports!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I added these to my room and I'd say they're overrated. They get used the odd time but most people who need a charge have a plug with them.

They're not cheap either.

Light your pool table with the awesome new LED Flat Panels from Ultra-light LED. PM me for details.

Old
  (#17)
Bbutler
topshots.ca
Bbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond reputeBbutler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-12-2019, 11:45 AM

I see you abandoned the plan, but a few notes.

- I like the name Skip's Billiards, or Skip's Bar and Billiards.

- I wouldn't set the tables to paying by the game, I think it's far better to set it by the hour. The reason being most casual players take a long time to play a game and often if they're there just to chill and have some drinks they spend a lot of time talking and socializing as opposed to actually shooting pool. This makes hourly a much better proposition.

- I feel like your 8,000 person population isn't that bad, seeing as how other bars are probably making it work. If you keep the place clean and have good food and specials you'll attract some really good business. People like coming to a nice place.

- Can't oversell the importance of keeping the tables and the balls clean. Diamond tables in particular are notorious for getting leather residue on the balls from the pockets and thus the balls need to be cleaned fairly regularly. If you don't look after this then the tables will start to look rundown in just a matter of weeks. People's eyes may not even notice this, but their brains will.

Light your pool table with the awesome new LED Flat Panels from Ultra-light LED. PM me for details.

Old
  (#18)
tucson9ball
AzB Silver Member
tucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 175

02-14-2019, 01:52 PM

Skip, I see the idea was abandoned. Darn...I was looking forward to stopping in on my way to Roosevelt Lake.
Globe only has 8k people? Seems bigger than that. Miami is right next door.
Anyways, too bad, was looking forward to a new place.

Chris

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: