Whoa...that's different!

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
I think we all owe iacas some Reputation for working on this for us. SO if you have a second, click on his scales in the upper right corner of his post if you are using the older version or click on the Blue REP button below his post if you are looking at the newer version. Just tell him thanks.

Donovan

Silver Member
I'm sure you have the date thing figured out, but just as an oddity, when you are replying to a post, and you scroll down to look at older posts, the date does pop up then. LOL

iacas

Drill Sergeant
Silver Member
nfty9er said:
not on mine, i see no date or time
Does it work now? I can see it with my "test" user. I found a problem (a rogue </if>) and fixed it, and it now works in both of my users. I am 95% confident it will work for you, too.

iacas

Drill Sergeant
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
I see the date & time and your 'One ball', but I don't see any 'other' poolballs, strange backgrounds,vibrant colors or hard to read posts blending into the background. It just looks the same as it has since coming back online after that AzB 'offline episode'...
Scroll down to the very bottom. Look on the left. Choose "Tech Two" from the popup menu.

Earlier today we were "forcing" it on people as the one default theme. Later in the day we made it an option. If you didn't visit during the "forced" time (i.e. "user cannot change style"), then your preferences weren't changed and you'll see the same style you've seen all along.

So now the Tech Two theme is a bit like an "opt-in" thing - you have to choose it.

Donovan

Silver Member
IF you really want to change your theme on a more permanent basis and won't stay and try the new one for a while...

1. Go to your UserCP (upper left corner of any screen)
2. Then on the left side select EDIT OPTIONS
3. Go to the bottom of that screen and change your theme with the drop down menu.
4. Click the SAVE CHANGES button and your done.

Last edited:

iacas

Drill Sergeant
Silver Member
Donovan said:
IF you really want to change your theme on a more permanent basis and won't stay and try the new one for a while...

1. Go to your UserCP (upper right corner of any screen)
2. Then on the left side select EDIT OPTIONS
3. Go to the bottom of that screen and change your theme with the drop down menu.
4. Click the SAVE CHANGES button and your done.

That's the other way to do it, yeah. :D

pbat2751

iacas said:
Does it work now? I can see it with my "test" user. I found a problem (a rogue </if>) and fixed it, and it now works in both of my users. I am 95% confident it will work for you, too.
seems to :)

Guru

outta stroke
Silver Member
iacas said:
Aha! Non-moderators and non-admins apparently don't see it. I'll see how I can resolve that....
Didn't see it, went to post about it, see it now. Fixed -- for me at least.

Donovan

Silver Member
Well, I will stay with it until Iacas finshes tweeking with it and then decide.

iacas

Drill Sergeant
Silver Member
Donovan said:
Well, I will stay with it until Iacas finshes tweeking with it and then decide.
Your suggestions and ideas help here. Lay 'em out there. I think if you re-read this thread you'll see I'm trying to be pro-active and to implement any reasonable suggestions or to improve on things people have trouble with...

Donovan

Silver Member
iacas said:
Your suggestions and ideas help here. Lay 'em out there. I think if you re-read this thread you'll see I'm trying to be pro-active and to implement any reasonable suggestions or to improve on things people have trouble with...

LOL, I did read every post. You maybe spending too much time answering message and not getting enough work time in..LOL You doing great my friend. As I am reading other threads I will keep an eye on this one and refresh often.

Donovan

Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
I appreciate what you're doing,but I just prefer the 'old look'. Next, people will be wanting me to get a push button phone and other modern 'stuff'.... imo
(i'm going out in few minutes to look for some typewriter ribbon)

Come on Smorg get in the game. :D Hey while you are out you should really look at getting someone to add indoor plumbing to your home. It's the bomb! :D

Donovan

Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
Yeah, and if I do that,next you'll be wanting me to get TOILET PAPER too.
(you can't RUSH a person into the 21st Century.... imo)

You got a great sense of humor! Reputation coming for that one.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
iacas said:

It's fixed, thanks!

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
not good

I don't like the left side. I think it should remain hided. Its to haotic, I gotta look left and right. I think it would be better if all those things from the left side were moved on top or bottom of the post. The message should bring all the attention on the first look. This way I'm not really sure where to look first. Colors are too flattened. There should be more visible difference beetween a thread title and the background.

Last edited:

wvroadrunner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rich R. said:
This thing just changed, as I was checking different posts. :confused:

Although it looks nice and is definitely different, I DO NOT LIKE the gray background color. It's drab and makes it more difficult to read and it is hard on the eyes. I don't have time to be squinting at the screen, trying to read.

I agree 100%