Bradford table by Cannon

Volfanatic

Any opinions from you mechanics on an 8 foot Bradford pool table by Cannon? I bought one new back in ‘02. We moved and couldn’t take it with us so I sold it. I have come across a ‘04 model for sale for $400. Is a 3 piece, 1” slate. Just like my old one. The only issue I see with it is the slate has slipped. That’s no problem because I’ll take it apart to move it. Other than that it has been very well taken care of. Other than a couple nicks, it looks nearly new. Are these quality tables? I know it’s only $400 but is it worth the $400. I’ve never had a table re-felted. What does a typical set up and new felt job cost, assuming the felt can’t be reused?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Any opinions from you mechanics on an 8 foot Bradford pool table by Cannon? I bought one new back in ‘02. We moved and couldn’t take it with us so I sold it. I have come across a ‘04 model for sale for $400. Is a 3 piece, 1” slate. Just like my old one. The only issue I see with it is the slate has slipped. That’s no problem because I’ll take it apart to move it. Other than that it has been very well taken care of. Other than a couple nicks, it looks nearly new. Are these quality tables? I know it’s only $400 but is it worth the $400. I’ve never had a table re-felted. What does a typical set up and new felt job cost, assuming the felt can’t be reused?

I can't comment on the quality of the table because I am not familiar with the brand. I can say if you liked it before, it most likely is not that much different being only 2 years apart. Set up and new felt anywhere from $500- 700, depending on who you get to do the work and whether you use felt or cloth. Re-using the cloth also depends on the person who installed it originally and the person re-installing it. I prefer to use new and I suggest Simonis. From your screen name I think you are in Tennessee? Find a reputable installer!! Good luck.

TFT

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I can't comment on the quality of the table because I am not familiar with the brand. I can say if you liked it before, it most likely is not that much different being only 2 years apart. Set up and new felt anywhere from $500- 700, depending on who you get to do the work and whether you use felt or cloth. Re-using the cloth also depends on the person who installed it originally and the person re-installing it. I prefer to use new and I suggest Simonis. From your screen name I think you are in Tennessee? Find a reputable installer!! Good luck.

TFT

No such thing as felt on a pool table.

Felt is a textile material that is produced by matting, condensing and pressing fibers together. Felt can be made of natural fibers such as wool or animal fur, or from synthetic fibers such as petroleum-based acrylic or acrylonitrile or wood pulp-based rayon. Blended fibers are also common.*Wikipedia

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
No such thing as felt on a pool table.

Felt is a textile material that is produced by matting, condensing and pressing fibers together. Felt can be made of natural fibers such as wool or animal fur, or from synthetic fibers such as petroleum-based acrylic or acrylonitrile or wood pulp-based rayon. Blended fibers are also common.*Wikipedia

LOL! Woops! Sorry, CHEAP CLOTH.