Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
That might not be a tree worth barking up;)

Because he’s an actual badass or because he has a history of making claims and never saying who he is? I’m just curious like always. I know for sure that badass ninjas play on the internet, but I sense weakness with this one. Maybe pool weakness, maybe another kind who knows.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anytime we can play and I have no clue who you are! Race to 500 for $1000 fit in your skimpy budget. I’ll come out of retirement just for you since we are neighbors.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Anytime we can play and I have no clue who you are! Race to 500 for $1000 fit in your skimpy budget. I’ll come out of retirement just for you since we are neighbors.

Woot woot! I’ll play you some hundred sets to 125 and some one pocket too

You been watching like an eagle

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just what I thought. Go back to not like. We are talking about 14.1 not 1 pocket. You certainly are in trouble with any game for any amount of cash. When you build up your bankroll and pump your heart up hit me back. Until then your boring me.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Just what I thought. Go back to not like. We are talking about 14.1 not 1 pocket. You certainly are in trouble with any game for any amount of cash. When you build up your bankroll and pump your heart up hit me back. Until then your boring me.

Lol aiight man. Thought I found something

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Because he’s an actual badass or because he has a history of making claims and never saying who he is? I’m just curious like always. I know for sure that badass ninjas play on the internet, but I sense weakness with this one. Maybe pool weakness, maybe another kind who knows.

Well he is an actual 14.1 badass
https://youtu.be/-XbjrjBICUM

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wouldn’t want to play him a race to 500 for sure. One pocket though I’d play him, and short races in 14.1 so I can watch

I think it’s best to get this back to the original subject about the so called 626 run.Jazzy I assure you that I would heist you if we played anything. Texas carom thanks for knocking my action. At least you only gave him a link to a small high run.

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I think it’s best to get this back to the original subject about the so called 626 run.Jazzy I assure you that I would heist you if we played anything. Texas carom thanks for knocking my action. At least you only gave him a link to a small high run.

Lol I don’t need to know I’m gonna win to play pool : ) I joined this forum with the purpose of finding games to play. I don’t like the way you bridge or get down on the ball, but you can play fo sho. I’ll still play you.

And oh yes. Sorry Danny H for getting off track. Continue.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also watched the 4+ hours of unedited video with voice over. In all honesty, I was concerned that it might actually feel like watching paint dry... but in the end, I have to tell you... with John, and some of his friends describing what you are watching, as you are watching it... the time flew by, and it was entertaining! Listen, while the first few racks to set the mood, followed by watching 527 sink, and then 627 miss, might actually be enough to watch, there is something to be said about watching the entirety of the feat... which was vetted as genuine by the BCA. I don't know about you, but pool has enough negativity from the outside... from those that don't understand the pure joy that our game offers... from those that still shout:

Trouble, oh we got trouble,

Right here in River City!

With a capital "T"

That rhymes with "P"

And that stands for POOL!

Look, I don't know the op, nor am I trying to stir the pot. Furthermore, I'm all for freedom of speech, and am using my right to comment... but I have to question the initial drive for this posted topic. And while it has been entertaining to read, it seems best defined by a definition I found on dictionary.com:

jealousy [ jel-uh-see ]

noun, plural jeal·ous·ies

1. jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.

2. mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims.

3. vigilance in maintaining or guarding something.

4. a jealous feeling, disposition, state, or mood.

p.s. I find some irony in definition #2... as it pertains to "aims"

-Erik

Epic post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The unintended consequence of this thread is Schmidt's run is being kept in the news.

I'd say John Schmidt is a lot better at pool than he is at promoting and profiting from his accomplishment. There should already have been a dvd produced and available.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
The unintended consequence of this thread is Schmidt's run is being kept in the news.

I'd say John Schmidt is a lot better at pool than he is at promoting and profiting from his accomplishment. There should already have been a dvd produced and available.

Yeah I think he’s gotten to the stage of just sticking his tongue out. No one wants to pirate your DVD John! Lol. And even if they did so what?

Danny Harriman has a dvd of a long run. Has anyone copied it?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I'd say John Schmidt is a lot better at pool than he is at promoting and profiting from his accomplishment. ...
That is a specific example of a more general statement. On average, top pool players are no better than the average person at business, or technical stuff, or promotion, or honesty, or pretty much anything else with the sole exception of playing pool.

In some sense, it is not fair to expect John to be a good promoter and it is not really surprising that he isn't.

And to extend the generalization, it is a mistake to listen to a sports guy on any topic other than sports. Or an actor, or a singer, or....

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a specific example of a more general statement. On average, top pool players are no better than the average person at business, or technical stuff, or promotion, or honesty, or pretty much anything else with the sole exception of playing pool.

In some sense, it is not fair to expect John to be a good promoter and it is not really surprising that he isn't.

And to extend the generalization, it is a mistake to listen to a sports guy on any topic other than sports. Or an actor, or a singer, or....
Agree with what you said here, but wouldn’t you think with all the work he put in to try to set this record that he would have had someone qualified / knowledgeable to help him have some kind of plan in place, if his goal was to try to profit from it, just in case it did happen?

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John also said he isn't releasing the video if he doesn't make money, so is it really about helping pool?

"Honestly, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with the video," Schmidt confessed. "I've got to monetize this to a degree. I don't really make money in pool. It is an opportunity for me and I can't let that pass by. I'm not going to simply release this video for free and end up dying broke behind a Walgreens. If the world won't allow me to get something from this video, then I guess the world will never see it."

I can't fault the guy for wanting to make money off his accomplishment, but, if he won't release it unless he makes money, doesn't sound like benefiting pool is his top priority.
John Schmidt is a lot closer to being broke behind a Walgreens than most people realize.

Not releasing the video for everyone and anyone to purchase & view only adds suspicion and calls the legitimacy of the run into question.

Status
Not open for further replies.