H E L P

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
I'm in the process of selling my pool table. A guy that is intresting just came down from Raleigh to take a look. He like the deal and that I'll set it up for him. I wanted to get my 25 hundred before we take the table and drive with it to Raleigh to his house. He said no. After a little discussion we came to conclusion that he will give me half before and the other half when the table is set to go in his house. My concern is how to formally do this? I saw this guy for the first time in my live and I have no clue where do we take the table, except that we drive to Raleigh. Should I do some kind of paperwork and how. Also I do not want to hire 3rd person, like an atorney or something. Please give me some clues and advices.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

CaptiveBred

C21H30O2
Silver Member
Sounds fair to me.

Get half the money (cash), drive it down and set ity up. Then get the other half in cash.

A simple deposit receipt for the first half. Then a full receipt for the rest.

Nothing to worry about as long as he has cash.

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
CaptiveBred said:
Sounds fair to me.

Get half the money (cash), drive it down and set ity up. Then get the other half in cash.

A simple deposit receipt for the first half. Then a full receipt for the rest.

Nothing to worry about as long as he has cash.

Yes this is what I want to do. I just wanted to get some clues on paperworks.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BAZARUS said:
I'm in the process of selling my pool table. A guy that is intresting just came down from Raleigh to take a look. He like the deal and that I'll set it up for him. I wanted to get my 25 hundred before we take the table and drive with it to Raleigh to his house. He said no. After a little discussion we came to conclusion that he will give me half before and the other half when the table is set to go in his house. My concern is how to formally do this? I saw this guy for the first time in my live and I have no clue where do we take the table, except that we drive to Raleigh. Should I do some kind of paperwork and how. Also I do not want to hire 3rd person, like an atorney or something. Please give me some clues and advices.

Are you going to set it up and delivery and the install is part of the deal? If not let him bring a truck and take it away paying in full for the table. If he doesn't want to do that then he doesn't have to buy it. You should be willing to help him a little but once he buys the table, it's his and the rest is his problem. He should find someone to set the table up where he lives and you have as little to do with the deal as possible. You might have to cut the price a little but thats better then getting involved in any future problems. What if after you get there you have trouble setting it up or there is a problem with the room, are you going to give him back his deposit and haul it all the way home again? What if you do some damage to his floor with the slates or something? Your not in the pool table business I don't think. You just want your money and the table out of your house and not hear about it again.

Last edited:

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
macguy said:
Are you going to set it up and delivery and install is part of the deal? If not let him bring a truck and take it away paying in full for the table. If he doesn't want to do that then he doesn't have to buy it. You should be willing to help him a little but once he buys the table the rest is his problem.

Setting up the table for him is part of the deal. I decided to do this for free since he only lives an hour away from me.

5ballcharlie

GHOSTBUSTER
Silver Member
BAZARUS said:

Hey BAZARUS why you selling your diamond for. 2500 not that bad of a price just wondering why you are letting it go.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BAZARUS said:
Setting up the table for him is part of the deal. I decided to do this for free since he only lives an hour away from me.

I hope it works out but I wouldn't do it. I have a feeling since you are getting your price you didn't want to lose the sale and said you would set it up. I would rather knock off $200 or $300 and just have nothing more to do with it. You might be sorry. We all have problems in life, but the secret is to try to not have problems you cause yourself. Simpler is better just get the money and be done with it.

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
macguy said:
I hope it works out but I wouldn't do it. I have a feeling since you are getting your price you didn't want to lose the sale and said you would set it up. I would rather knock off $200 or $300 and just have nothing more to do with it. You might be sorry. We all have problems in life, but the secret is to try to not have problems you cause yourself. Simpler is better just get the money and be done with it.

Well, I wanted to get 25 hundred for this table, so if I would knock off some 200 or 300 hundred like you are saying I woudn't get it. I figure that I may go along to Raleigh and set it up within the prize.
I just need some kind of protection on the paper and I'm not sure how to do that.

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
Tell him to forget the deal - You have another buyer anyway.

BAZARUS said:

I'll bet his attitude changes real quick.

TY & GL

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BAZARUS said:
Well, I wanted to get 25 hundred for this table, so if I would knock off some 200 or 300 hundred like you are saying I woudn't get it. I figure that I may go along to Raleigh and set it up within the prize.
I just need some kind of protection on the paper and I'm not sure how to do that.

Your really not getting it because you are also donating a few hundred in labor not to mention driving 200 miles, that cost you something plus a half a day of your time and there is still no guarantee he won't give you some kind of argument or be unhappy about something once it is set up and try to lower the price. Are you providing a new cloth or going to try to use the old cloth? That can be a problem also. Just get your money and the less you are involved with the set up the better. You can write him a receipt for his deposit saying the balance is due on delivery but if he won't pay or there is a problem it doesn't mean anything you will have to take him to court. Again, I wouldn't do it, I just want all my money and he can have the table, deal done. Just think about it and like I said I hope it works out.

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
macguy said:
Your really not getting it because you are also donating a few hundred in labor not to mention driving 200 miles, that cost you something plus a half a day of your time and there is still no guarantee he won't give you some kind of argument or be unhappy about something once it is set up and try to lower the price. Are you providing a new cloth or going to try to use the old cloth? That can be a problem also. Just get your money and the less you are involved with the set up the better. You can write him a receipt for his deposit saying the balance is due on delivery but if he won't pay or there is a problem it doesn't mean anything you will have to take him to court. Again, I wouldn't do it, I just want all my money and he can have the table, deal done. Just think about it and like I said I hope it works out.

I was thinking about what are you saing here, just sell it, take the money and let them worry about it. However I figure that putting in the deal set up will help me to sell the table quicker. I mean, after all I'm going to his house and I'll be there most likely all day trying to do the best job.
What do you think could go wrong?

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If your worried about getting paid why not ask him where he plays when he goes out? Then call the pool hall and ask the owner for some info on the guy. There aren't that many good places to play here. You have talked about moving to Raleigh also so perhaps you can find out a little about him during your conversation and then check him out.
Just a thought,
Dan

tjshaw02

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BAZARUS said:
I was thinking about what are you saing here, just sell it, take the money and let them worry about it. However I figure that putting in the deal set up will help me to sell the table quicker. I mean, after all I'm going to his house and I'll be there most likely all day trying to do the best job.

whats going wrong is that is unneccesary to spend your time, gas, and resources just to sell the table.

Simplify the situation by letting it go for $2250 out the door, then you have your cash and no headache. ;)

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
tjshaw02 said:
whats going wrong is that is unneccesary to spend your time, gas, and resources just to sell the table.

Simplify the situation by letting it go for $2250 out the door, then you have your cash and no headache. ;)

I should propablly do that, but... we have already shake the hands for done deal and I am really not sure if I should change my mind right now. He is ready to buy it and he want to do this next saturday.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BAZARUS said:

You never know what can go wrong. I bought a Gold Crown table from a guy and while I was taking one of the slates out of the house I bumped a wall with the slate. I have a cart I built to move slates upright but it just happened. This is like a million dollar house and it was built like s*it, I actually knocked a hole in the drywall it didn't even have plaster on the walls. I was lucky the guy said don't worry about it and we got the hell out of there. For you mainly just having a problem with the guy not being happy when it's done or not wanting to pay the full amount. Who needs to be dicking around with all that. If you get him to just take it and all you have to do is drop the price a few dollars you will be ahead. As you close the door behind him you will be saying "I am glad thats over with".

J

JAWS

while it is smart to be careful i think everything will work out good for you.this person probably wants it for the holidays and is very exited to have you setting it up for him.think positive and make a new fiend.

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
macguy said:
You never know what can go wrong. I bought a Gold Crown table from a guy and while I was taking one of the slates out of the house I bumped a wall with the slate. I have a cart I built to move slates upright but it just happened. This is like a million dollar house and it was built like s*it, I actually knocked a hole in the drywall it didn't even have plaster on the walls. I was lucky the guy said don't worry about it and we got the hell out of there. For you mainly just having a problem with the guy not being happy when it's done or not wanting to pay the full amount. Who needs to be dicking around with all that. If you get him to just take it and all you have to do is drop the price a few dollars you will be ahead. As you close the door behind him you will be saying "I am glad thats over with".

DAMN, thats it, s*it happens.
I have more than a week to think about it. I'll ask as many people that I can and see what my options are.

BAZARUS

alien in a strange land
Silver Member
JAWS said:
while it is smart to be careful i think everything will work out good for you.this person probably wants it for the holidays and is very exited to have you setting it up for him.think positive and make a new fiend.

It just got to me that first words he said before he asked for the final prize: "do I want to play for the table?" :eek:

S

Scottster

Hey Bazarus,
Personally, I would knock off 300 bucks on the price, to leave him some cash to have a local mechanic set up the table and have him pay you the 2200 when he picks it up from you. This way it relieves you from any headaches that may occur due to a slate popping after you leave, or him popping you on the head when you get to Raleigh :eek: This also saves you the gas money to and from.
Sure wish I lived closer to take advantage of that deal on that table...