Attention Jerry Rauenzahn Bushka

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
buyers

the giveaway Bushka winner will be chosen on July 3

the final whole number on the closing of the Dow Jones Industrial average on July 3

For example if the closing number is 16439.04

the winning number is 9 on this example not the 4 which is part of the decimal

each of you guys have a number 1 to 10

look at the closing quote to the last digit and if it matches your number you win

number10 wins on 0

I can still get a few Bushkas at the discount price,but you have missed the free shot

Some Lucky Stiff will win a free cue made by Jerry

In order to buy one for $1750 you must call by Friday and talk to jerry

thank you

dean

214 477 7323

cor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
based on the last 9 or so years, here is the amount of times each number showed up.... in case you were curious..... yup.

0 11.00%
1 9.65%
2 10.21%
3 9.81%
4 9.29%
5 10.09%
6 9.61%
7 10.09%
8 9.93%
9 10.33%

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Seems like a random way of picking the winner using the DJ Index and the % breakdown seems really fair and evenly distributed...........
there can't be any questions about the fairness of picking the winner with this approach.....using this method, the winner today would be #6.
According to the % breakdown, #6 had a 9.61% chance of winning.......so all in all, this technique seems pretty simple, easy and very fair.

Matt B. (#2 Buyer)

Dow Jones Industrial Average
Dow Jones Indices: .DJI - Jun 30 4:36 PM ET

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Yesterday the winning number would have been 6 and today's would have been 5.
Jim & Josh are obviously rooting for their number to repeat again with Thursday's DJIA.
But like with a coin flip where the odds reset to 50-50 on subsequent tosses, it thus remains at 10:1 for Thurs. drawing.

Dow Jones Industrial Average: DJIA
Market closed
Jul 1, 2014 4:03 p.m.
16,955.85 (+129.25 +0.77% )
Previous close: 16,826.60

Matt B.

Last edited:

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
R Bushka

Hi All:

First, thanks again to Dean & Jerry

I've been talking with Jerry, and decided on a design out of the blue book. In fact Jerry's friend has the cue which is one of the ones featured in the color photos in the beginning of the book. He's getting some pictures for me and to help with the build.

Jerry already sent me pictures of the butt with the veneers I chose.

He is doing an ivory butt cap, and I am considering an ivory flat faced joint.

Will go with the 3/8 X10 pin which I have on my other cues and really like.

Hopefully we can all share ideas and progress pix.

Really looking forward to this project and also the raffle.

Good luck to all

Dave

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Dave.....thanks for completing the roster of buyers.......your conversations with Jerry are only going to become more enjoyable and interesting.

And like yours, my cue will also be ivory rich just like my other cues. Might as well get it while you can because the foreseeable future of ivory & pool cues is admittedly uncertain.

Matt B.

p.s. Only one more practice day with the Dow Jones Avg.......than one of you guys is going to win a cue.
Less than 48 hrs. until you find out.....what's the point spread for under and over on this........Oops, wrong sport.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The Winner Is Decided Tomorrow........

Buyer #6 would have won today....Jim's number has come up twice this week.

Dow Jones Industrial Average
Jul 2 4:29 PM ET
16,976.2420.17 (0.12%)

All the practice is now over........Jerry sent me a photo of the Balabushka design one of the ten buyers is going to win........the cue will be built to your specs and veneer colors.

I asked Jerry if I could pay for upgrades to the cue if I were to win and he confirmed that he would build this cue any way I wanted. Once we finalized what upgrades I wanted,
he'd quote me on the additional cost for changes to the no frills Balabushka design cue that one of us will win tomorrow. I'm certain Jerry would the same thing for any of the
other buyers if that's what they wanted to do.

Regardless, slap some Cortland #9 on this cue, use the veneers I want and this cue as is would be a great Player.......my 2007 Bob Owen cue is now gone.....this cue drawing
would be a great way to replace that Player cue with a Jerry R. Bushka.

Matt B.

Attachments

• Contest cue no frills Bushka.jpg
    Contest cue no frills Bushka.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

petes6ss1120

Registered
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi fellow buyers

No matter who wins all I can say we are all getting some great cues from a great builder . I am excited to see what everyone has come up with , it would be nice to maybe come up with a contest on all 10 builds too.

Once again I just wanted to thank Dean and Jerry for setting up something like this and creating a little excitement on AZ .

Good luck to you all with tomorrow's raffle .

Pete D.