Shane/Shaw Action Match

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I can't believe these two monsters haven't set a date for a 10k action match yet, Who's scared of who? Johnnyt

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see them play race to 30 with 10K of their own money.

They probably wont play unless getting staked and getting a good portion of PPV.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Each took home 4K from the MIH event all expenses paid trip.

I don't see how they not gamble with each other?

They could've made a second PPV, race to 30, $10. I'd imagine an easy 300 viewers for $3K total. No extra cost incurred for traveling since they're already at the same location.

I guess they can just get on FB and bark about how they're willing to play anyone anyone for any amount.

Last edited:

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I'd like to see them play the best 2 out of 3, races to 21, winner break.

These are the 2 guys that are most likely to string some packages together. It would be an entertaining match for sure with all of that firepower.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB will not play Shaw imo til Shaw cools off a bit. A few years back when Dennis was really playing well, SVB said he didnt want to play him 'right now'. When Dennis cooled off a bit and SVB was playing well, SVB stepped up and drilled him. SVB is no dope. He will play but not 'right now'. Again IMO

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
SVB will not play Shaw imo til Shaw cools off a bit. A few years back when Dennis was really playing well, SVB said he didnt want to play him 'right now'. When Dennis cooled off a bit and SVB was playing well, SVB stepped up and drilled him. SVB is no dope. He will play but not 'right now'. Again IMO

Don't know if this kid will ever cool down. I think we haven't seen his best yet.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
..... bark about how they're willing to play anyone anyone for any amount.

Have to be careful with a challenge like that. Someone like me might challenge them to a race to 20 for $20.

It would be totally worth it to me. But, I would need the break and 15 games to have any chance.

CSykes24

www.coreysykes.com
Silver Member
Haha, how can some of you say that SVB wouldn't "step up" and play him. You guys are some armchair champions over here lately -- and I haven't even visited the site much.

And what the hell does everyone mean saying "both won't play each other unless staked" ... I'm pretty sure Shane can afford $10k quite easily at this stage in his life -- I don't even know if $10k would make him want to hop out of the chair necessarily to play Shaw. It might even need to be more. Just to let you know, Shane has been a champion for like 8 or 9 years now, easily clearing like $2-300k a year. The same can't really be said about Jayson at this stage -- though he's on his way to becoming consistently great.

shaggybahama

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I certainly hope this match up can become a reality. We haven't had SVB in a challenge match (PPV) for quite some time.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't imagine why people like them would put $10,000 on a match. I don't know about Shaw but I hear SVB is pretty smart with his money. He's got to know that, whoever has the advantage, it can't be better than about 55-45 either way, even in a fairly long match. So even the person with the advantage has an expectation of about $11000, compared to the $10000 they're putting up. A savings account would do that well in a couple years, minus 100% of the risk.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
10B on a 10' tbl>>> SHAW

10B on 9'>>> SVB

9B on 9'>>> pick

8B>>>SHAW

1P>>>SVB

THORPE will be one of the 3 MUSKETEERS in 3+- yrs

cor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't imagine why people like them would put $10,000 on a match. I don't know about Shaw but I hear SVB is pretty smart with his money. He's got to know that, whoever has the advantage, it can't be better than about 55-45 either way, even in a fairly long match. So even the person with the advantage has an expectation of about $11000, compared to the $10000 they're putting up. A savings account would do that well in a couple years, minus 100% of the risk.

Exactly. When you're the best, why "gamble"?

pocketsplitter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Would you please direct me to this savings account that gives 10% return over a couple (2) years? If there is a savings account like this hedge funds would run out of business instantly

CSykes24

www.coreysykes.com
Silver Member
Would you please direct me to this savings account that gives 10% return over a couple (2) years? If there is a savings account like this hedge funds would run out of business instantly

Any Vanguard-based mutual fund, pretty much. Averaging 7-10% return YoY.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Haha, how can some of you say that SVB wouldn't "step up" and play him. You guys are some armchair champions over here lately -- and I haven't even visited the site much.

And what the hell does everyone mean saying "both won't play each other unless staked" ... I'm pretty sure Shane can afford $10k quite easily at this stage in his life -- I don't even know if $10k would make him want to hop out of the chair necessarily to play Shaw. It might even need to be more. Just to let you know, Shane has been a champion for like 8 or 9 years now, easily clearing like $2-300k a year. The same can't really be said about Jayson at this stage -- though he's on his way to becoming consistently great.

^^^^^^^^^^

Sykes know what's up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pocketsplitter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any Vanguard-based mutual fund, pretty much. Averaging 7-10% return YoY.

Of course, though not 99.5% guaranteed like a savings account (covered by FDIC). Which is a big reason why its not a savings account, its an investment account. Please be concise with terms or there's no point of a discussion when every term can have a different meaning. And to my point, mutual funds would similarly be hard-pressed for business if a savings account can guarantee 5% annually.

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course, though not 99.5% guaranteed like a savings account (covered by FDIC). Which is a big reason why its not a savings account, its an investment account. Please be concise with terms or there's no point of a discussion when every term can have a different meaning. And to my point, mutual funds would similarly be hard-pressed for business if a savings account can guarantee 5% annually.

I was exaggerating, but only a little. It still doesn't make sense for someone like SVB or Shaw to bet $10,000 of their own money on a close to 50-50 pool match.

pocketsplitter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was exaggerating, but only a little. It still doesn't make sense for someone like SVB or Shaw to bet $10,000 of their own money on a close to 50-50 pool match.

Yah I totally agree with you on this point though. Wouldn't make sense, not like either of them are desperate for the cash. Only way I see it is in a very long race, because I think SVB has the stamina and experience of long races.