So I'm In Action And This Happens - WWYD?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
A couple of weeks ago I'm in action with a very strong player who is a big, burly, very p-r-i-c-k-ly fellow with a history of, well, let's just call it unpredictability. :eek: We're playing a set of 9b and he's giving me a generous spot racing to 7 for a c-note. I win 7-1 and he's extremely unhappy about it and shows it by banging his head hard on the slate a few times and grumbling. He throws my hundo up on a nearby shelf and starts to collect his gear. :angry:

The group of railbirds who were watching our match were all alarmed and quiet as church mice after this display; he was seriously pissed off. As usual, I like to try to inject humor into these kinds of situations and so I cut through the quiet by asking, "You wanna go again?" :grin-square: The railbirds all began laughing and to my astonishment he said "Sure Chicken, I'll torture myself some more", and so we began set #2.

He's starting to outrun the spot and goes up 4-3 but then he doesn't come back to the table the next 3 games and I'm on the hill. There is a wired 8-9 about 6" off the foot rail and I set up 2 times to bank at this dead combo both times missing it by a frog hair BUT on the first miss the object ball goes around it 3 rails and into the side pocket. Then on the second attempt the object ball whistles right past it at 100 mph and goes in cross corner. In my peripheral vision I'm seeing steam come out his ears and he's starting to grumble more and squirm in his seat. :angry: My next shot I'm off angle too far to hold for a cross-side bank so I decide to try to kick it in, it was off the rail enough to get behind it and it looked good to me. I freakin miscue but still make the shot - it sounded horrible but the ball tracked dead center into the cross side. Holy crap, I think if I was him I would've wanted to kill me, too. :eek: :angry: :yikes: :bash:

I finish off the last couple balls and in utter disgust he walks away toward a far wall and begins whacking himself in the forehead and making this noise I remember from old-cartoons when depicting a crazy person; sounds something like ayeyiyiyi. He starts getting his gear together again and no way am I asking this time if he wants to go one more time. He heads for the bathroom and then comes back and says "fvck you Chicken, I hate you' as he flings my c-note, all shredded in little pieces onto the table, and then leaves.

I know what I did.

WWYD?

best,
brian kc

Attachments

• Snuggles-shredded-money.jpeg
    Snuggles-shredded-money.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 2,105
Last edited:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would take it in stride.
It sounds like you knew enough about the guy to know that this could happen.

I would wait until he leaves, have a chuckle and go about my day.

I can just picture the steam rising as your shitting in balls:):)

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get the tape
Pushing him over the edge is worth more than hundred
He needs to give you a new hundred before you ever play agin

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Dippy Dave paid a guy $500 to leave the action room at the DCC...
...but first he ripped it up.
John sold it for $400...the guy taped it together and made a quick $100.
In your case, Brian, you could get $50 for it.

Personally, I would collect the pieces and put it in an envelope...
...if the guy ever beats me for a $100 bet....that’s how he’s getting paid.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Personally, I would collect the pieces and put it in an envelope...
You must be a lot larger, stronger, and meaner than you look. :eek:

But someone definitely needs to post the video.:thumbup:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Say "look I'll play you again, but I need more weight next time" Then point to the door and say "and you're not getting out of that without giving me another hundred, you asshole."

I think that would resolve your awkward dilemma.

Honestly though, I don't take that kind of crap from anybody. Maybe call him the next day and discuss it, get a replacement bill. I don't care how big or tough they think they may be, he was in the wrong and he knows it.

Last edited:

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Dippy Dave paid a guy $500 to leave the action room at the DCC...
...but first he ripped it up.
John sold it for $400...the guy taped it together and made a quick $100.
In your case, Brian, you could get $50 for it.

Personally, I would collect the pieces and put it in an envelope...

Can I change my vote now?

Though, I do really like the framing idea...

I guess if you do actually plan to play the guy again, definitely pay him with it right back.

That's all.

Last edited:

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I would collect up all the pieces, save them and wait. Next time there is a chance to play
him for another C note, I ask for the wack, I ask for a spot and if I get to the hill and get
on the 9, I break down my cue and tell him he's won, and pay him with the same C note.

... or I frame it and see about hanging it where he can always see it

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wouldn't play the guy again. Sounds nuttier than squirrel shit. You never now what asswipes like this may do these days. Not worth it to push people like this to their limits.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Wouldn't play the guy again. Sounds nuttier than squirrel shit. You never now what asswipes like this may do these days. Not worth it to push people like this to their limits.

You're probably right but that's why these guys get away with this stuff. It starts with small things then they realize nobody will stand up to them and it gets to this point.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're probably right but that's why these guys get away with this stuff. It starts with small things then they realize nobody will stand up to them and it gets to this point.
If you are gonna jack with morons like this you need to post the $$ with a neutral party. Stop a lot of this nit shit.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
If you are gonna jack with morons like this you need to post the $$ with a neutral party. Stop a lot of this nit shit.

Yeah if I know somebody is psycho I won't play them or even bet with them on the side. But I just can't walk away from that sort of treatment. There are definitely going to be words and I am willing to take the risk that I can handle myself.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing in the OP's post suggests that a confrontation was imminent. The guy is a poor butt-hurt loser with attitude. A lot of attitude. Not worth jacking with. Why poke a potential bear when you don't have to? I'd just stay clear of this idiot. Tape the scraps together and cash it in at any bank. Not that big a deal. Kinda funny in a nit-like way.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You must be a lot larger, stronger, and meaner than you look. :eek:

But someone definitely needs to post the video.:thumbup:

I lost twice to a guy playing gin rummy....he didn’t play very good but got pretty lucky.
...next time I saw him, he had no money...he was wearing his favorite Bruins sweater.
...I offered to put up $50 to the sweater for one game...
...he said “Nobody gets this sweater!”....told him...”What’s the diff, you’ll win anyways.”

I won....he takes it off and pays me....I offered to drive him home for change of clothes..
....but I told him to give me ten minutes....went down to my van...tore the sweater up...
...front and back became side curtains for the small windows behind the front seats...
...tied the arms to my aerial.
He swore at me all the way to his place.

He was tougher than me, Bob....sometimes it’s a good day to die....:smile2: