Recessed lighting: Homeroom

cor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am setting up a table in my home room and noticed recessed lights have grown considerably easier to install AND LED/adjustable.

Has anyone pursued this and can it be done as good as a light over the table. The room I have has 5 windows but low ceilings and a beam that makes it challenging to hang a traditional light.

If yes - any consideration on the volume of lights (of lumen total) to make it ideal?

Thx

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am setting up a table in my home room and noticed recessed lights have grown considerably easier to install AND LED/adjustable.

Has anyone pursued this and can it be done as good as a light over the table. The room I have has 5 windows but low ceilings and a beam that makes it challenging to hang a traditional light.

If yes - any consideration on the volume of lights (of lumen total) to make it ideal?

Thx

Just another option: you can get surface mount brackets for 2x4 LED flat panels, and screw it right to your drywall ceiling. The brackets are about $30 on Amazon, and the LED 2x4 panels are dirt cheap and lots of choices. I did this on my home table, with 9' ceilings, and put qty 2, 2x4 LED panels end to end. It is amazingly bright:)

cor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just another option: you can get surface mount brackets for 2x4 LED flat panels, and screw it right to your drywall ceiling. The brackets are about $30 on Amazon, and the LED 2x4 panels are dirt cheap and lots of choices. I did this on my home table, with 9' ceilings, and put qty 2, 2x4 LED panels end to end. It is amazingly bright:)

Do you think it would be an issue if there was a beam between the panels?

yankee817299

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

I have a vaulted ceiling with 8 LED can lights and one window in the room. No lighting problems with this set up.

yankee817299

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went after the brightest one out there, but I had installed them in a different room before the game room. You definitely want the bright white light, not that cool, yellow light that some led's put out. Now I believe that the new lighting has a selector switch which allows you to select 3 different light strength's. Very easy to install and virtually no maintenance.

cor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went after the brightest one out there, but I had installed them in a different room before the game room. You definitely want the bright white light, not that cool, yellow light that some led's put out. Now I believe that the new lighting has a selector switch which allows you to select 3 different light strength's. Very easy to install and virtually no maintenance.

Very helpful and exactly my thoughts. this is why I’m considering recessed, especially since it can be multi-functional by just adding a dimmer switch and using it for everyday use.