Moving to Washington DC

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, sorry to revive this dead thread, but I have just now gotten settled in and will be back to playing pool at almost full speed. I live in DC proper in the Cleveland Park neighborhood, but I do not mind driving. I have to briefly drive into work tomorrow morning, but was planning on spending the rest of the day at First Break. Unfortunately, I see that there is an Action Pool Tour event going on tomorrow. Will that make it unlikely that I can get a table to practice on tomorrow? If so, I was planning on heading to Breakers in Herndon to take advantage of their special. Any advice?

Best,
Krishna
Creedo is correct about getting a table at First Break. All tables will be used for the tourney. I'll probably go to Breakers on Sat. afternoon, assuming the weather isn't really nice. I usually place donwstairs (non-smoking area).

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dc

Ahh.. Bedrock Billiards in Adams Morgan was my old haunt. I miss that place.. Really nice guys working there and not a bad place to be on a weekend nice if you like smoozing and darts. Not much action but they took good care of their tables back in the day.

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, sorry to revive this dead thread, but I have just now gotten settled in and will be back to playing pool at almost full speed. I live in DC proper in the Cleveland Park neighborhood, but I do not mind driving. I have to briefly drive into work tomorrow morning, but was planning on spending the rest of the day at First Break. Unfortunately, I see that there is an Action Pool Tour event going on tomorrow. Will that make it unlikely that I can get a table to practice on tomorrow? If so, I was planning on heading to Breakers in Herndon to take advantage of their special. Any advice?

Best,
Krishna

Lucy's-Arlington on Sundays have $10.00 from 12-5 PM, and $10.00 from 5:00 - 10:00 PM. if you go before 1:00 PM you will get good table. There is action , but usually pre-arranged.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
what's that pool place near key bridge? we used to pass that like everyday last July when i was in the US. i never got inside and play though.
this December, if my visit to the US pushes through. I'd like to play with the DC/NoVA guys. :)

Vyc

╭∩╮(︶︿&#650
Silver Member
what's that pool place near key bridge? we used to pass that like everyday last July when i was in the US. i never got inside and play though.
this December, if my visit to the US pushes through. I'd like to play with the DC/NoVA guys. :)

Continental Bar & Billiards
1911 N Fort Myer Dr
Arlington, VA 22209

My company actually had a party there when they first opened. I don't know if they're still open or not since I don't drive by there anymore. It was an ok place. I remem the tables had felt cloth...

BTW, welcome to the area Krishna!

JohnDoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the information guys and for the warm welcome. Its a wonderful place to live. I think today I am going to get out of the city and probably head to Breakers.