Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page One guy uses the magic rack - Everyone else the wooden rack
Page 3 of 10 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#31)
haystj
Timothy J Hays
haystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-10-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusRuss View Post
I really play quite a bit better than I let on.

Short Bus Russ
And this, in my opinion, is why pool will never rise from the state it is in now. Not trying to beat up or jump the thread on Mr. Bus,,, but I really think this prevalent mentality keeps pool down.

I can't think of any other sport where this is the case.

Just my opinion, but I think people should be up front with their game.

Old
  (#32)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-10-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haystj View Post
And this, in my opinion, is why pool will never rise from the state it is in now. Not trying to beat up or jump the thread on Mr. Bus,,, but I really think this prevalent mentality keeps pool down.

I think he just does it for the forums, I've seen other posts where his true game came out.

If I wanted to be known as the one eyed pirate guy who could not make 2 balls in a row on the forums, that's is the persona I'd use, but may not be how I act or play in the real world. In the real world I'm a one eyed pirate who can make 3 balls.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#33)
ChicagoRJ
Banned
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

03-10-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haystj View Post

I don't think that is what Russ meant at all. Chill dude.

Old
  (#34)
thintowin
thin2win
thintowin has a reputation beyond reputethintowin has a reputation beyond reputethintowin has a reputation beyond reputethintowin has a reputation beyond reputethintowin has a reputation beyond reputethintowin has a reputation beyond reputethintowin has a reputation beyond reputethintowin has a reputation beyond reputethintowin has a reputation beyond reputethintowin has a reputation beyond reputethintowin has a reputation beyond repute

03-10-2015, 10:32 AM

i guess you are right but is does that what you really wanted to win. i would have really wanted to win the tourney. the guy with the magic rack accomplished exactly what he wanted: to get in the other players' heads.

pnce the TD makes his ruling then get to playing pool and winning. personally if it was me, i wouldn't have said anything because he got all the way to the hot seat. did you really think you would win the argument no matter how right or wrong you are?

you shot yourself in the foot with your own gun and you knew it was loaded. you sound like you have a good feel for the game and you definitely are passionate about the game, but you need to channel your energy to winning instead of winning arguments.

but who am i to say ... just my nickel's worth.

Old
  (#35)
haystj
Timothy J Hays
haystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond repute

03-10-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
I don't think that is what Russ meant at all. Chill dude.
I hear ya,, , my post reads quite a bit more tight assed than I meant.

Old
  (#36)
lencho1785
AzB Silver Member
lencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond repute

03-10-2015, 10:48 AM

C'mon Russ magic rack works both ways and it wasn't like you were close to win it was a 6-0

playing cue ...
tim scruggs --
mike bender --

Old
  (#37)
Dockter
AzB Silver Member
Dockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond repute

03-10-2015, 10:50 AM

I can't remember what post it was or how it came up but I think the C player thing came from someone calling him a C player but I may be mistaken. Either way, he has posted video's of him shooting and he uses C player in jest. I don't think he is running around trying to enter the C divison in tournaments although the guy I ran into at a MPA tournament this weekend played about his level and ran my ass over in C division lol.

Old
  (#38)
lencho1785
AzB Silver Member
lencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond reputelencho1785 has a reputation beyond repute

03-10-2015, 10:51 AM

And if I remember right he had to spot you the first break too

playing cue ...
tim scruggs --
mike bender --

Old
  (#39)
tatcat2000
AzB Silver Member
tatcat2000 has a reputation beyond reputetatcat2000 has a reputation beyond reputetatcat2000 has a reputation beyond reputetatcat2000 has a reputation beyond reputetatcat2000 has a reputation beyond reputetatcat2000 has a reputation beyond reputetatcat2000 has a reputation beyond reputetatcat2000 has a reputation beyond reputetatcat2000 has a reputation beyond reputetatcat2000 has a reputation beyond reputetatcat2000 has a reputation beyond repute

03-10-2015, 10:55 AM

If the TD was referring to BCAPL Nationals, he was exactly correct. Since it's introduction, the Magic Ball Rack has been accepted equipment at BCAPL Nationals and most CSI events, and a player may not be denied use of it. The only conditions are that its use MUST be announced before the match starts and the opponent must also be allowed to use it.

Buddy

Last edited by tatcat2000; 03-10-2015 at 10:58 AM.

Old
  (#40)
Thomas McKane
Lifelong student of one p
Thomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond repute

03-10-2015, 10:56 AM

6-0? Is that true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencho1785 View Post
C'mon Russ magic rack works both ways and it wasn't like you were close to win it was a 6-0

Old
  (#41)
lencho1785
AzB Silver Member

03-10-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas McKane View Post
6-0? Is that true?

Yup 6-0 and Russ had the first break

playing cue ...
tim scruggs --
mike bender --

Old
  (#42)
robsnotes4u
AzB Silver Member
robsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond reputerobsnotes4u has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to robsnotes4u 
03-10-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatcat2000 View Post
If the TD was referring to BCAPL Nationals, he was exactly correct. Since it's introduction, the Magic Ball Rack has been accepted equipment at BCAPL Nationals and most CSI events, and a player may not be denied use of it. The only conditions are that its use MUST be announced before the match starts and the opponent must also be allowed to use it.

Buddy

Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert Martin
Billings, MT

Cue...2011 Keith Josey Custom
Ob Break Cue

Old
  (#43)
krupa
The Dream Operator
krupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond reputekrupa has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-10-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusRuss View Post
Maybe I just get too twisted about nothing.. I'd like your opinions...

I went to a handicapped 9 ball tournament this weekend, fairly small, only about 23 people. All matches in the tournament were played on 7 foot Diamonds, with the wooden rack, except for one guy, (A fairly decent player) who actually brought a magic rack with him to the tournament.

It came down to he and I playing for the hot seat, and right before we play, he mentions that he brought a magic rack, and I immediately say, "Absolutely not, unless I am forced to play with it. I believe the magic rack equalizes play between nonequal players.."

He asks that we allow the tournament director to decide, and of course the director rules that based on "what they do at national tournaments", that he is allowed to use the magic rack, but must allow me to use it if I wish..

I ended up having little to no interest in the match after that, and two-stroked everything, and ended up losing. I tried a bit harder in the loser's bracket, because I was actually looking forward to the double dip attempt, but ended up coming up short in the match for 2nd/3rd, losing hill-hill.

Looking back, the best thing I could have done was to try to beat the guy in the winner's bracket, and let my stick talk for me. I guess it was just really irritating, because I think the guy can't beat me without the magic rack, as he would need to really hit the rack on the break and accept a more random outcome off the break.

Should I have just outright refused to play with the magic rack, as he is the only guy who brought one, and then just accepted the forfeit necessity as a means of concientious objection?

What do you think of the tournament director's decision?

All in all, I feel that I hve exhibited a lot of self control not to post this same post on Facebook, as a ton of people on my friend's list will know who the guy is. I didn't want it to sound like sour grapes, though, and I am looking forward to getting back in stroke enough to where this sort of tactic won't even matter...

Short Bus Russ
To be blunt, this post makes you sound very immature: you didn't get what you wanted so you gave up. Aren't you supposed to "show some heart" and "outrun the nuts*"?

As for the TD's decision, it doesn't matter. No matter how right you think you are, you will never get every decision your way. Are you going to quit every time the TD makes a decision you don't like?

*I have no clue if I used that phrase correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Sometimes running out is like drunk driving, sometimes it is like making toast.

Old
  (#44)
ShortBusRuss
Short Bus Russ - C Player
ShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond repute

03-10-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
And if I remember right he had to spot you the first break too
Yup, that's right. 6-0. And I beat two players a rank above him 6-0 and 6-3..

I already said I intentionally two stroked everything, and looked the player right in the eye after every missed shot. It was much more about the principal of the matter to me.

By the by... You can back him in any non-magic rack game you want. Big table... Small table..

Hell... snooker table, even.... I consider myself a well-rounded player, yah know?

I'll even give him a ball in One Pocket, never having even seen him play a game. He certainly likes to practice banks on the small table. Same difference, right.

You want to be reallll careful about insinuating that he is a better player. The owner of the pool hall where we play had mentioned trying to get us matched up in the past. Me butchering a couple of AAAs in tournaments put an end to that.

Short Bus Russ

Old
  (#45)
Thomas McKane
Lifelong student of one p
Thomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond repute

03-10-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Yup 6-0 and Russ had the first break
This whole post was worthless. Wow.

Page 3 of 10 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: