Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Kim Davenport's Stroke
Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#46)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-18-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL View Post
In this YouTube video Kim Davenport makes a great comeback against Johnny Archer. I remember him making a similar comeback once against JR Calvert on a tour stop in San Diego, CA around 1995. A good lesson for all........never give up!

In the filming of the match they had a cameraman with a shoulder mounted camera. He was able to get a couple good straight-on views of few shots by Kim. On these shots there's a noticeable slight crookedness to his stroke . On the chopped segments below are two examples of this:

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/5978158

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/5978186

Kim was a great champion and his accomplishments in the game speak for themselves. But perhaps this is why he played just a hair under the very best at the time.........Earl, Sigel, Buddy, etc. A slight stroke flaw like this will undoubtedly cause a miss here and there, especially pressure shots with distance.
Kim Davenport wasn't known for missing.

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#47)
danomano
AzB Silver Member
danomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond reputedanomano has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-18-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
No one ever stayed down on a shot any better than Kim. He was solid as a rock, nothing moved except his arm!
Totally agree Jay. He is so rock solid and just never moves an inch. I was getting ready for the US Amateur a few years back and Kim offered to help me prepare for a few minutes after a round of golf. After watching me play for a bit, he did very little more than making sure my primary focus was staying down through the shot and hitting center ball more often. The next 3 weeks I played the best pool of my life and he busted me through what had been a very long lasting plateau. Forever grateful and just wish I had been around to see him in his prime.

If only he had taken the time to point out how to play on a streaming table for the first time.

Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: