Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Ron Vitello passed away
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
IamCalvin06
Yang "The Son of Pool"
IamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-24-2016, 12:58 PM

Ron was a great guy for the pool world. I learned 90/90 from him in NYC and he frequented the poker games I played in living in nj. I remember him always willing to come down to the poolroom if anyone asked. The pool world lost another gem and he will be missed.

I said i'd never play another man's game, big ball, last pocket.. boy did i swallow the pill, i mite go blow the pope next wtf there hu quote me on that - FATBOY

Not in the business of forcing others to believe in what I believe. -Calvin original

A man can be an artist at anything, and right now I'm about to paint my masterpiece on this layout.

Old
  (#17)
Mikjary
Droppin' a Fauci
Mikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2300

05-24-2016, 01:51 PM

Ron was a great guy with a ton of knowledge about many parts of the game. I talked to him several times and he always knew how to get the idea across and the problem solved.

A real loss for not only the pool world, but for all that knew him.

Best,
Mike

Old
  (#18)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

05-24-2016, 04:43 PM

Im trying to help his daughter locate his cues. Not sure if he sold them before he passed or if he leaves his case at one of the poolrooms he frequented. If anyone can help me help his daughter, I'd DEEPLY appreciate it. If he sold them, that's fine - no worries - she just needs to know so she doesn't look. If not, she obviously wants them back since they meant a lot to her dad.

Any help from players in the NYC region would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viffer: The Movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JFIy2ebJIE

Old
  (#19)
abbassi
AzB Silver Member
abbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

05-24-2016, 04:49 PM

Ron was a nice and gentleman. He showed me his systems and told some stories. Drove him home a few times. I enjoyed his company. RIP

Don't call me a racist if I want justice

Old
  (#20)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

05-24-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderWebComm View Post
Im trying to help his daughter locate his cues. Not sure if he sold them before he passed or if he leaves his case at one of the poolrooms he frequented. If anyone can help me help his daughter, I'd DEEPLY appreciate it. If he sold them, that's fine - no worries - she just needs to know so she doesn't look. If not, she obviously wants them back since they meant a lot to her dad.

Any help from players in the NYC region would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They found his cues. Thanks

Viffer: The Movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JFIy2ebJIE

Rip
Old
  (#21)
ratnip
AzB Silver Member
ratnip has a reputation beyond reputeratnip has a reputation beyond reputeratnip has a reputation beyond reputeratnip has a reputation beyond reputeratnip has a reputation beyond reputeratnip has a reputation beyond reputeratnip has a reputation beyond reputeratnip has a reputation beyond reputeratnip has a reputation beyond reputeratnip has a reputation beyond reputeratnip has a reputation beyond repute

Rip - 05-25-2016, 06:12 AM

I had a couple phone conversations with Ron and he came across as a great guy. I am sad to learn he has passed. RIP Ron, and condolences to his family and friends.

Jay P

Old
  (#22)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

05-25-2016, 06:17 AM

Sorry to hear the news.

Old
  (#23)
cleary
Honestly, I'm a liar.
cleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond reputecleary has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8500
  Send a message via AIM to cleary  
05-25-2016, 07:25 AM

His health was declining, I've played him a few times in tournaments over the past couple years. One match he quit in the middle, another he had a bloody nose during the set but continued to play.

We haven't got along with each other since I tried helping him years back but it's sad news and feel for his family and friends.

Old
  (#24)
Eric.
Club a member
Eric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

05-25-2016, 09:38 AM

Sad news, indeed. Ron was a good man. A little bit of a curmudgeon, lol, but a good guy none the less.

The last time I saw/talked to Ron was at a tourney in PA that we were playing in, about 2 years ago. I don't think he was sick, at the time and was spending time between south Jersey and Manhattan (I think he kept his apartment after he moved).

I hope he is pain free and resting peacefully.

Eric

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: