Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page OB Cues "Digicue" thoughts
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
BRussell
AzB Silver Member
BRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-26-2016, 10:18 AM

When you guys make your videos, one thing that would be convincing to me is if you had a recognized instructor (I think someone mentioned randyg earlier) attest that the device measures the kinds of flaws that he or she thinks are important. Or if not in videos, in some other marketing materials.

Old
  (#32)
scottjen26
AzB Silver Member
scottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond repute

07-30-2016, 09:31 AM

I'm an instructor and just tried one yesterday. It was my first time playing since my recent surgery, so wasn't able to play very long or concentrate too hard on it, will try it again next week.

But initial impressions - it definitely does what it says. Very light, you barely notice it's there. I started on novice mode, I had to pretty much try to make it vibrate except on a few power shots where it did vibrate on me, probably from a lack of smoothness. For comparison, I gave it to another person to try who is a beginner, it vibrated almost every time and from watching them shoot I wasn't surprised...

I liked it best in intermediate mode. When I rushed my stroke or transition a little or tried to force the CB to create an angle etc., even though I made the shot if I wasn't smooth I got a little vibration which was perfect. It would be nice to know why, but I understand the reasoning behind not doing different vibrations or tones for different mistakes, and usually you know.

For me, the advanced mode was too sensitive for regular practice. My fundamentals are pretty solid (but certainly not perfect), and I found anything other than normal speed shots caused vibration. It took a really smooth stroke at speed to not cause vibration. Will try this some more as I heal up, maybe I wasn't balanced or moving somewhat since I wasn't able yet to get down fully in my stance. Would also like feedback from other top players if this was their experience as well, maybe I have something to work on... But this mode would be great to groove one's stroke in drills etc.

I also quickly tried to make it vibrate at the end of my short session. I purposely stopped my follow through abruptly, rushed my transition, lifted up, swerved, etc. Each and every time it vibrated. If someone has a somewhat natural pump-type stroke or uses carabao-style english you may get false positives. But for the vast majority of players who are trying to groove solid fundamentals this will alert you to some common flaws.

Overall nice product and a decent price. I will continue using it and provide more feedback as I get more experience with it. Would be great to have some decent players or instructors do some videos for the website, and I know they are working on instructions. Between these two things I think the product will be complete. First impressions very good!
Scott

Old
  (#33)
justadub
Rattling corners nightly
justadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

07-30-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanesinnott View Post
Glad you like it Cleary. If it can help you, it can help anyone
Must really be working, have you seen him hit bank shots recently?

Player: McDermott G203
Break: J & J 2729

"Let's all pile into the sandbagging wahmbulance and talk about it forever and hold each other until the tears dry!" CreeDo

"Just remember to put the troll back under the bridge when you're done playing with him, Dub!" BrokeStroke

Old
  (#34)
shanesinnott
Follow Through
shanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond reputeshanesinnott has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to shanesinnott Send a message via Yahoo to shanesinnott  
08-01-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjen26 View Post
I'm an instructor and just tried one yesterday. It was my first time playing since my recent surgery, so wasn't able to play very long or concentrate too hard on it, will try it again next week.

But initial impressions - it definitely does what it says. Very light, you barely notice it's there. I started on novice mode, I had to pretty much try to make it vibrate except on a few power shots where it did vibrate on me, probably from a lack of smoothness. For comparison, I gave it to another person to try who is a beginner, it vibrated almost every time and from watching them shoot I wasn't surprised...

I liked it best in intermediate mode. When I rushed my stroke or transition a little or tried to force the CB to create an angle etc., even though I made the shot if I wasn't smooth I got a little vibration which was perfect. It would be nice to know why, but I understand the reasoning behind not doing different vibrations or tones for different mistakes, and usually you know.

For me, the advanced mode was too sensitive for regular practice. My fundamentals are pretty solid (but certainly not perfect), and I found anything other than normal speed shots caused vibration. It took a really smooth stroke at speed to not cause vibration. Will try this some more as I heal up, maybe I wasn't balanced or moving somewhat since I wasn't able yet to get down fully in my stance. Would also like feedback from other top players if this was their experience as well, maybe I have something to work on... But this mode would be great to groove one's stroke in drills etc.

I also quickly tried to make it vibrate at the end of my short session. I purposely stopped my follow through abruptly, rushed my transition, lifted up, swerved, etc. Each and every time it vibrated. If someone has a somewhat natural pump-type stroke or uses carabao-style english you may get false positives. But for the vast majority of players who are trying to groove solid fundamentals this will alert you to some common flaws.

Overall nice product and a decent price. I will continue using it and provide more feedback as I get more experience with it. Would be great to have some decent players or instructors do some videos for the website, and I know they are working on instructions. Between these two things I think the product will be complete. First impressions very good!
Scott
Glad you like the DigiCue Scott and thank you for the detailed review.

Regards,

Shane Sinnott
President
OB Cues
www.obcues.com
Phone: 972.578.9100
Fax: 972.426.6980

Old
  (#35)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

08-01-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanesinnott View Post
Glad you like it Cleary. If it can help you, it can help anyone
you obviously have not seen how well he can bank a ball...

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Interesting
Old
  (#36)
BilliardGreg
Billiard Aficionado
BilliardGreg is on a distinguished road

Interesting - 08-31-2016, 07:14 AM

I would be more interested in having it store information in a memory chip or have it transfer the data via bluetooth.

Billiard Greg
Forever learning the art of pool.
https://www.BilliardGreg.com

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: