Old
  (#16)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
02-07-2017, 08:10 PM

is it this guy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qkK1j8ckfw

Stan, the nature of CTE is that people are going to distort it. Hell I am guilty of that. Even the guys I helped to work through your DVD at my shop don't use it 100% the way you do. But the point of all this is that all of these people know it WORKS.

Don't be discouraged here, try to look at it as a compliment that people are willing to make videos and introduce others to the concept. Stuff like what's in the video above isn't CTE as you teach it and is in fact the barest essence of it. BUT what will happen is that some people's interest will be piqued enough to go looking further and they will end up at your videos.

If Howard has used any of your video materials you can certainly make a copyright claim against him. I think though that he is only showing what can be found at Dr. Dave's site as well where Dave reveals the ABC aim lines.

At the end of the day you can't bottle information....you put out information and people are going to take it and put their spin on it....that's the nature of how information gets passed around, like a game of telephone. All you can do is be the wellspring and the source and believe me people will find you even if their first contact is something like this.

Please think of Hal and what he would want. I believe he would want to see you continue and put out the most detailed and distilled explanation that you have come up with. And those of us who appreciate all you do would love to see it as well.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#17)
8pack
They call me 2 county !
8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-07-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Man View Post
I think many come up with their own version too, including Stan, which is great. Unless they are teaching it as Pro One I don't see a problem either. If they are then contact uTube and maybe something in their policy could have it removed. Link?

ETA: With Stan's version for instance, I think he has been forced to way overcomplicate the system by refusing to address the variable pivot point location, which technically changes for every shot. From what I saw of JB's video on his play table, same thing. If your bridge is always in the same spot and you pivot at the bridge, CTE can't work without overcomplicating the hell out of it and creating an entirely different system. Which is great as long as it works, but not nearly as simple as it could/should be.
I would say many have come to the conclusion ....I can make this work...even if you put your own twist on it to do so.(not a bad thing) Not sure but I think when you keep things simple the subconscious does its best work.

Everyone has photographic memory; some just don't have the film.

Old
  (#18)
IamCalvin06
Yang "The Son of Pool"
IamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond reputeIamCalvin06 has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2017, 02:23 AM

I watched the videos and honestly the title is very misleading/butchering CTE. He does however lend credence by saying the system works, so that is a plus. However with all the doubt and controversy surrounding CTE it does not help when someone with so little knowledge of the system is making claims on a video saying it's finally explained. I've been at it for the last 10 years as well and Stan can vouch for me but I would never claim to know how to explain the system bc I am constantly discovering things daily and cte is not my project but still.. even I am offended by the title of that video.

I said i'd never play another man's game, big ball, last pocket.. boy did i swallow the pill, i mite go blow the pope next wtf there hu quote me on that - FATBOY

Not in the business of forcing others to believe in what I believe. -Calvin original

A man can be an artist at anything, and right now I'm about to paint my masterpiece on this layout.

CTE - My view
Old
  (#19)
Blitzface
Registered
Blitzface is on a distinguished road

CTE - My view - 02-08-2017, 05:55 AM

Dear Stan and CTE enthusiasts:

Please note that I am utilizing the CTE methods as seen on your video's, John Barton and a host of others on YouTube. I am addressing primarily beginner, mid-level players and senior citizens which I teach daily. I have highly recommended you as the CTE Professional whose training is the correct CTE method and repeatedly mentioned to viewer's to check your www.justcueit.com website which is actually listed in one of my video's for those seeking advanced training.

This is CTE in my View and how I morphed it in my learning and how I use it... and it Works! It may not conform to all of CTE methods as CTE is so complex, but for basic aiming instruction I feel it does the job. I have received a large amount of positives that many people now understand CTE better! I am not seeking monies, nor fame, just seeking to provide a little more knowledge on the concept and to sell my Mini Bead Counter.

I hope you understand this is NOT taking anything away from you and in fact may bring a new light to CTE and I believe will drive those more interested in learning CTE to your website and hopefully purchase your CD's and eventual book.

Regards,
Howard Berger

Old
  (#20)
Blitzface
Registered
Blitzface is on a distinguished road

02-08-2017, 06:05 AM

Dear John,
I have seen multiple video's on CTE on YouTube and learned from Stan, from you and many others. I am addressing my take on CTE and but my aiming style works for me and I have had many viewers who felt they didn't understand CTE and do now. My intention is not to take anything away from Stan and often mentioned him and have let viewer's who are thinking of pursuing CTE ....... should check his website. Appreciate your input and will follow you up on YouTube as always.
Regards,
Howard

Old
  (#21)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member
stan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-08-2017, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzface View Post

Please note that I am utilizing the CTE methods as seen on your video's, John Barton and a host of others on YouTube. I am addressing primarily beginner, mid-level players and senior citizens which I teach daily. I have highly recommended you as the CTE Professional whose training is the correct CTE method and repeatedly mentioned to viewer's to check your www.justcueit.com website which is actually listed in one of my video's for those seeking advanced training.

This is CTE in my View and how I morphed it in my learning and how I use it... and it Works! It may not conform to all of CTE methods as CTE is so complex, but for basic aiming instruction I feel it does the job. I have received a large amount of positives that many people now understand CTE better! I am not seeking monies, nor fame, just seeking to provide a little more knowledge on the concept and to sell my Mini Bead Counter.

I hope you understand this is NOT taking anything away from you and in fact may bring a new light to CTE and I believe will drive those more interested in learning CTE to your website and hopefully purchase your CD's and eventual book.

Regards,
Howard Berger
Is your misleading title for selling your mini-bead counter? Don't bother to answer.,

You have my material and you should darnn well know that I was the first to tie real CTE with cue ball edge aiming, CCB and pivoting. So, you can say whatever the heck it is that you want but your series is a lift from my work.
Your title is beyond pissy. It makes me sick!
And you say what you are doing WORKS! That is more misleading BS. What you are presenting is heavily feel based and is NOT Center to Edge Aiming.
You have not been granted permission to use any of my work.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited by stan shuffett; 02-08-2017 at 07:07 AM.

Old
  (#22)
BasementDweller
AzB Silver Member
BasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2017, 07:12 AM

You didn't start the CTE craze. You are taking yourself way too seriously. It's beginning to get comical.

Old
  (#23)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member
stan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasementDweller View Post
You didn't start the CTE craze. You are taking yourself way too seriously. It's beginning to get comical.
He who laughs first does not always laugh last.

Stan Shuffett

Old
  (#24)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
02-08-2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:

Regards,
Howard Berger
Howard CTE as you explain it is not CTE as Stan teaches it but contains elements of what STAN brought to this method of aiming. In fact I don't even know if it was called CTE before Stan started teaching aiming in earnest.

All of us who do videos on the subject have to be very careful to acknowledge that what we are presenting has it's origins in what Stan has developed. And we need to be very very very clear that what we are showing is not touted as "secrets revealed" "Finally explained" "How to beat your friends" etc... those are sensationalist titles that indicate to the viewer that the information is the "final" word on the subject.

There is a difference between being a cheerleader and an instructor. To be an instructor in CTE requires a lot more knowledge and consistency than I have and more than you have shown. To be clear I do "instruct" in the course of promoting CTE but I am deferential and clear to give credit and point viewers to the source so that they can get clear examples of how it looks when it's really done the right way.

I ask you respectfully to please honor the work that Stan has done and to think about the fact that you could be doing more harm to the topic of CTE aiming than good. I think that your intentions are good but when the information you present is incomplete it can have the effect of people stopping there. I understand that it's intoxicating to find a great aiming system that really works. But the proper application is much deeper than what you present.

I believe it's ok to be a cheerleader on the subject and to do videos on it. But remember that being a cheerleader means you are promoting the team that is actually doing the work that gives you something to cheer for.

The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

Old
  (#25)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

02-08-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasementDweller View Post
Actually he kinda did. Him and a few others took over where Hal left off and brought these methods of aiming to the public eye in a much larger way than Hal ever did.

Old
  (#26)
louieatienza
AzB Silver Member
louieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan shuffett View Post
He who laughs first does not always laugh last.

Stan Shuffett
So because you spentthelast 10 years trying to reverse- engineer Hal's work, this gives you "ownership" to the CTE dynasty? You've done great work, don't tarnish that with this pettiness?

Old
  (#27)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member

02-08-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
Howard CTE as you explain it is not CTE as Stan teaches it but contains elements of what STAN brought to this method of aiming. In fact I don't even know if it was called CTE before Stan started teaching aiming in earnest.

All of us who do videos on the subject have to be very careful to acknowledge that what we are presenting has it's origins in what Stan has developed. And we need to be very very very clear that what we are showing is not touted as "secrets revealed" "Finally explained" "How to beat your friends" etc... those are sensationalist titles that indicate to the viewer that the information is the "final" word on the subject.

There is a difference between being a cheerleader and an instructor. To be an instructor in CTE requires a lot more knowledge and consistency than I have and more than you have shown. To be clear I do "instruct" in the course of promoting CTE but I am deferential and clear to give credit and point viewers to the source so that they can get clear examples of how it looks when it's really done the right way.

I ask you respectfully to please honor the work that Stan has done and to think about the fact that you could be doing more harm to the topic of CTE aiming than good. I think that your intentions are good but when the information you present is incomplete it can have the effect of people stopping there. I understand that it's intoxicating to find a great aiming system that really works. But the proper application is much deeper than what you present.

I believe it's ok to be a cheerleader on the subject and to do videos on it. But remember that being a cheerleader means you are promoting the team that is actually doing the work that gives you something to cheer for.
Many thanks for this post, John. I wish that I could slam the heel of my hand down on a large ringing LIKE button. You have said what I can't easily convey.

Stan Shuffett

Old
  (#28)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member

02-08-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieatienza View Post
So because you spentthelast 10 years trying to reverse- engineer Hal's work, this gives you "ownership" to the CTE dynasty? You've done great work, don't tarnish that with this pettiness?
Call it petty if you want......I have not tried to reverse engineer CTE. TRY is a weakling of a word.......I have successfully done so and it's over. My intentions have been to share it with the world for free by way of online. My concerns are real as evidenced by the impetus of this thread.....my proposed free presentation can be stolen by anyone to create their own series. All that is necessary is to alter it a little.
The pettiness of my book project consists of 3 years entailing 3000 hours of work and then there's the 40 thousand dollars for publishing. And then there is $20,000 of lost income this year because I put lessons on hold.

I am glad to be shedding light on this topic NOW rather than later.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited by stan shuffett; 02-08-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Old
  (#29)
GoldenFlash
Banned
GoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenFlash has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Regards,
Howard Berger
Sir...
When I see these videos, one thought keeps going through my head.
I would like to see more shots made of when the guy has you jammed up in the pocket or on the rail and that money ball is way down there on the other end...("light years away").
These demonstration shots you've provided are very simple.
When the cueball is in a bad spot as I mentioned...THAT is when the stroke issues come into play, in my opinion. The "stroke is the thing" guys have good points when discussing this. Especially on a long straight-in with the cue ball on the rail or just a few inches off the rail. THAT is where the rubber hits the road
If you're going to do demos, those long, miserable, shots are the way to convince the skeptical multitudes. Stan Shuffett does this in his demos.
Also watching his son, Landon, send Strickland into a coma on that "big bertha" table was strong enough for me

Last edited by GoldenFlash; 02-08-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Old
  (#30)
louieatienza
AzB Silver Member
louieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond reputelouieatienza has a reputation beyond repute

02-08-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan shuffett View Post
Call it petty if you want......I have not tried to reverse engineer CTE. TRY is a weakling of a word.......I have successfully done so and it's over. My intentions have been to share it with the world for free by way of online. My concerns are real as evidence by the impetus of this thread.....my presentation can be stolen by anyone to create their own series. All that is necessary is to alter it a little.
Then there's the pettiness of 3!years and 3000 hours of work and 40 thousand for publishing. And then there is $20,000 of lost income this year because I put lessons on hold.

Yes, I am petty if you want but I am glad to be shedding light on this topic NOW rather than later.

Stan Shuffett
Petty is claiming someone is stealing your ideas, then saying the same person got it wrong.

That said, I think your body of work is safe.

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: